Rumored Kelvin Gastelum vs Edmen Shahbazyan likely happening soon

I was kinda hoping for a step down or so for Edmen's next fight given the way he looked in his last fight and his still young age.. maybe there is still time for him to grow into what we all were hoping for but sending him to another elite guy like that.. I dunno

This isn't right. I could see either guy winning honestly but both can't afford another devastating loss. Makes no sense.

If Darren Till's first fight at Middleweight was against Gastelum after suffering back to back Finish Losses, Edmen who only suffered his FIRST loss should be fine, he's a big boy, and he was hyped to hell.

UFC isn't giving him a tune up, and I can respect that, despite Gastelum's Fight IQ he's still a game opponent if he shows up right on the night.

It's sink or swim, I'd much rather see if he's as good as he thinks he is, or if he loses to Gastelum he goes back and thinks about things, better to do that than Pad his record and have him get flattened by an elite Fighter again.

If Darren Till's first fight at Middleweight was against Gastelum after suffering back to back Finish Losses, Edmen who only suffered his FIRST loss should be fine, he's a big boy, and he was hyped to hell.

UFC isn't giving him a tune up, and I can respect that, despite Gastelum's Fight IQ he's still a game opponent if he shows up right on the night.

It's sink or swim, I'd much rather see if he's as good as he thinks he is, or if he loses to Gastelum he goes back and thinks about things, better to do that than Pad his record and have him get flattened by an elite Fighter again.
True but Till is a but more mature and seasoned than Edmond. As i said I could see either guy winning. But for Kelvin this could potentially be his 4th L in a row. Or back to back devastating losses for a VERY young prospect with plenty of potential.

One of those outcomes are guaranteed with this matchup. I know there are no "easy" fights but Edmond should not be fighting up in rankings after a bad loss like that. That's just bogus match making and management.

But UFC does fuck up sometimes.

Dumb fight. Kelvin's still young and is proven. Mainstay contender, but in the wrong weight class. Too small. While Edmen's still a good prospect.

The gas tank looked very suspect so I don't like his chances, even if Kelvin chooses to stand. Pressure and durability, heavy inside boxing. Edmen's better from range. Then the potential wrestling. Kelvin very likely wears him out and beats him up bad. That's 2 tough losses, then.

That's a weird one. Edmen is such a talent, why make a fight with Kelvin after losing to Brunson?
I know Kelvin looked bad in his last two, but everyone knows he can do so much better. He probably will this time around.

Reactions: MCS
Edmen is better than people are assuming here, he took a round off Brunson, he just needs some adjustments to his TDD and pacing.

KG has looked terrible recently but he is a nightmare match up vs edmen. Solid hands and cardio. KG by TKO.

Looks like they've given up on Edmen after that shambolic showing last time out in his first real test, haha. Thought they'd take it easier on him than this, Kelvin fucks him up.

I was kinda hoping for a step down or so for Edmen's next fight given the way he looked in his last fight and his still young age.. maybe there is still time for him to grow into what we all were hoping for but sending him to another elite guy like that.. I dunno
I agree. Matchmaking makes no sense - Edmen needs a rebound fight, and a change in camp/coach from Mr. Head Mooment

Pointless fight. Shabazyan needs experience, even if he somehow gets past KG (which I don't see happening) he is gonna be again up there being thrown to the wolves. Would make much more sense for him to fight someone like Vettori or Heinish imho.

daamn kelvin would fokin rip edmen apart then eat the scraps

Back