Kelvin Gastelum just a fat welterweight???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone still saying this after Saturday is either slow, or doesn't watch fights. Hell I was confused at people saying it before Saturday. I'm trying to be nice today so I don't want to call anyone an idiot but open your eyes. No time for am analysis. I have to go to work but I'm sure another very smart sherdogger will break it down until get a break.

Another thing this shows is a common sherdog hypocrisy. You people LOOOVVE fat ass heavyweights and detest weight cutters, but then turn around and shit on Kelvin for fighting comfortably.

Gastelum is a better fighter as a chubby WW fighting at MW than as a drained WW fighting catchweight bouts because he missed 170 lbs.

Kelvin is a fine MW and was one wrong move (potentially.. hard to say - takedown) from winning that fight.

I hope he stays at MW.

I think you need to Helax TS....

Kinda like how DC is a fat HW

Kelvin is a beast MW. We need to revisit how not draining yourself to make weight plays an impact in a fighters performance

DC is a fat middleweight. Him at single digit body fat makes 185 very easily...

Anyone still saying this after Saturday is either slow, or doesn't watch fights. No time for am analysis. I'm sure another very smart sherdogger will break it down until get a break.
That's not how it works, mang.

I look forward to your analysis when you get a break.

Quit posting at red lights on the way to work.

Kelvin is just fine @MW he has good power and a strong chin I think his blockish build restricts his ability to be more flowy (as certain Irish man might say).limiting his athletic ability to chain together a quick combo or do something spur of the moment because you know you can.

Even with that said he's got good solid boxing a deceptive jab and can hold his own in a clinch. I like Kings MMA I think they run a good camp, but maybe just maybe Kelvin needz a change of camp just to expand on what he's already got he's starting to look a little predictable...

Jeff Monson was 5'9 245 and Conor was 5'9 145
Height does not equal size as we say ad nauseam on here.

He's a 175 pounder, so naturally they should just come up with a division just for him.

Kelvin is a ballooned WW but he can't keep his weight in check. Him going up to 185 has proven to be a good thing and he can certainly hang with the best of them.

I like him at 185. His speed and durability is a problem for a lot of guys. Dude packs a punch on the feet too

He needs to take some time off though after that fight. Maybe come back 3Q this yea at the earliest. Hopefully he rebounds well

Anyone still saying this after Saturday is either slow, or doesn't watch fights. Hell I was confused at people saying it before Saturday. I'm trying to be nice today so I don't want to call anyone an idiot but open your eyes. No time for am analysis. I have to go to work but I'm sure another very smart sherdogger will break it down until get a break.

Another thing this shows is a common sherdog hypocrisy. You people LOOOVVE fat ass heavyweights and detest weight cutters, but then turn around and shit on Kelvin for fighting comfortably.
Exactly, Kelvin had a tough time with Magny at 170.

Back