Kelvin 5-4-1 in his last 10

LogicalMMAFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After the damage he took in that last contest, should he consider retirement?

He has some impressive names on his resume, but they are all old men, except Hendricks who might as well be an old man at this point.

Retire and do what exactly? When guys like you say retire you mean stop making money for him and his family. Ridiculous

Kelvin needs to get his diet in check and go back down to WW ... he can seriously do some damage there and even win the belt if his cardio holds up and he cuts weight properly

Kelvin has earn the respect of all the fighting community........let's be honest....almost no one gave a chance to the guy, and he almost beat Israel...Israel even wining the title got a big piece of Humble pie.....

After this ...you could see the cracks on the armor, just like Nate exposed Connor Cardio.......

So you have 4 shitty days on job and 5 great days and everyone should retire?
No...

He's 27 and just fought for the belt. By all accounts he was winning that fight going into the 5th round, until he laid an egg. "Retire"...Sherdog hyperbole is alive and well.

He's better than ever, this acontextual "he doesn't look good if I cherry pick some arbitrary stats" is dumb

He has some impressive names on his resume, but they are all old men, except Hendricks who might as well be an old man at this point.

OMG...whats wrong with these people on here..

Just cuz a fighter loses...doesnt mean they should retire..the guy just put on a hell of a fight for a title and came up short , but made a strong representation of himself in the process..who would of thought gastelum was going to rock israel with a fucking headkick in the FOURTH round of all things...no1..no1 in the world saw that coming

But he should retire..tenor.gif

Mother fuckers got me
giphy (6).gif

This morning

He's been targeting old men at 185 and only took the Israel fight because it was for the interim belt and he would lose his TS if he refused. I don't think he should retire but he'll never touch the belt at 185 and is way too undisciplined to ever make 170 again. The sad fact for Gastelum is that there aren't many old men left for him to target at 185. I expect him to go after Silva if Silva wins against Cannonier and jumps up in the rankings.

Last edited:
Holloway lost his last bout too perhaps we should make a thread about his retirement next x

He's 27 and just fought for the belt. By all accounts he was winning that fight going into the 5th round, until he laid an egg. "Retire"...Sherdog hyperbole is alive and well.

I agree with your overall points, but I've actually yet to see one single account that said Gastelum was winning that fight going into the fifth. The fight, according to "all accounts" was tied going into the fifth.

3lWP.gif

upload_2019-4-16_7-15-0.png
upload_2019-4-16_7-13-32.png

I agree with your overall points, but I've actually yet to see one single account that said Gastelum was winning that fight going into the fifth. The fight, according to "all accounts" was tied going into the fifth.
Well he dropped Israel in the 4th so I guess you could call that 10-8...

Well he dropped Israel in the 4th so I guess you could call that 10-8...

Did you score the fourth round 10-8?. Saying "you could call it that" is a few degrees off of actually calling it that.

Anyway, I think by all accounts Gastelum was holding his own in that fight into the fifth round, but no one or almost no one had him winning. It's a minor nitpick if the main point is that Gastelum fought well until the fifth, which he did.

Did you score the fourth round 10-8?. Saying "you could call it that" is a few degrees off of actually calling it that.

Anyway, I think by all accounts Gastelum was holding his own in that fight into the fifth round, but no one or almost no one had him winning. It's a minor nitpick if the main point is that Gastelum fought well until the fifth, which he did.
No I didn't. I was just saying the small crowd of folks that are saying Kelvin was arguably winning might be doing so because they scored the 4th 10-8.

No I didn't. I was just saying the small crowd of folks that are saying Kelvin was arguably winning might be doing so because they scored the 4th 10-8.

I guess I was ignorant that there was such a small crowd of folks. I think that they are wrong, but your explanation of their reasoning makes sense.

Back