Kellyanne Conway Would Be A Feminist Hero If She Were A Democrat

I often wonderwhat's the end goal of feminism? Is it really just the idea that women are treated equal to men or is it the idea that women are equally represented among men?
It's nothing but female chauvinism and misandry hiding behind a mask of victim hood.
The former is a noble goal and I think is nearing completion in 1st world countries but the latter is not a realistic goal and should be handled by clinical psychologists who actually look into the science behind it.
Modern feminism is nothing more than female chauvinism and misandry hiding behind a mask of victim hood.

The Trump stuff I see differently. She defended everything he said and some of it was indeed cringe-worthy. If she's going to defend the cringe-worthy stuff, rather than take a stand against it because it's her job, that's fine professionally but it does mean that she can't go back to the feminism side of the table after it's done.

It's no different from those women who complain about being objectified but dress more provocatively to help advance their career under the "use what you got" rubric.
The same can be said about the Clintons with the rape accusations and victim shaming/silencing.

Hillary got to sit back at the feminist side of the table because she holds many of the same political beliefs as feminists.

The same can be said about the Clintons with the rape accusations and victim shaming/silencing.

Hillary got to sit back at the feminist side of the table because she holds many of the same political beliefs as feminists.

Hillary lost and she is gone, you cant keep bringing her up as a valid argument.

Pan is a registered republican, so i dont know what "But Hillary..." even has to do with him.

The only left leaning individual arguing here is me, and i already pointed out that Hillary isnt a beacon of feminism either.

Hillary lost and she is gone, you cant keep bringing her up as a valid argument.

Pan is a registered republican, so i dont know what "But Hillary..." even has to do with him.

The only left leaning individual arguing here is me, and i already pointed out that Hillary isnt a beacon of feminism either.
She is a valid argument because she got a load of feminist support and was still the pride and joy of women during the election.

It has to do with Pan because I was responding specifically to his post about not being able to return to the feminist side of the table after what amounted to a huge slap in the face of feminism.

She is a valid argument because she got a load of feminist support and was still the pride and joy of women during the election.

It has to do with Pan because I was responding specifically to his post about not being able to return to the feminist side of the table after what amounted to a huge slap in the face of feminism.

1.- Feminists being hypocrites doesnt invalidates Panamaican observation, it simply means that feminists are hypocrites or that Hillary´s dirt is not as well exposed.

2.- It doesnt has to do with Pan because he isnt claiming that Hillary is a feminist or that she deserves praise.

1.- Feminists being hypocrites doesnt invalidates Panamaican observation, it simply means that feminists are hypocrites or that Hillary´s dirt is not as well exposed.

2.- It doesnt has to do with Pan because he isnt claiming that Hillary is a feminist or that she deserves praise.
It's the entire point of the thread--if Conway was a Democrat, she'd be a hero to the feminists.

Pan said Conway couldn't go back to the feminist side of the table--ie, being well liked by feminists--after all of Trump's disgusting acts that she defended.

Hillary, however, is an example of someone who also turned her back on the feminist cause in an even more sinister way, yet she has received massive support from feminists--because she is a Democrat.

It's the entire point of the thread--if Conway was a Democrat, she'd be a hero to the feminists.

Pan said Conway couldn't go back to the feminist side of the table--ie, being well liked by feminists--after all of Trump's disgusting acts that she defended.

Hillary, however, is an example of someone who also turned her back on the feminist cause in an even more sinister way, yet she has received massive support from feminists--because she is a Democrat.

Good point, but i think part of the issue is that Hillary covered for Clinton decades ago and she certainly promoted a progressive agenda so people were quick to bury her shit.

Good point, but i think part of the issue is that Hillary covered for Clinton decades ago and she certainly promoted a progressive agenda so people were quick to bury her shit.
That's the entire point. It's not about being proud of a successful, hard-working mother who ended up being the one to break a glass ceiling with the feminists. It's about which side promotes the politics with which they agree.

Conway won't get the feminist recognition because she's a Republican. Hillary pretty much got forgiven because of her politics.

That's the entire point. It's not about being proud of a successful, hard-working mother who ended up being the one to break a glass ceiling with the feminists. It's about which side promotes the politics with which they agree.

Conway won't get the feminist recognition because she's a Republican. Hillary pretty much got forgiven because of her politics.

Both women broke glass ceilings, both women shoved aside feminist causes for professional gain.

Neither deserves respect from feminists.

do we think this election was won from August to November, and more because of campaigning from Trump rather than negative reveals for Clinton?

We KNOW Hillary and Podesta were arrogant enough to overlook the Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin battlegrounds, thinking they already have those in the bag.

Conway strategically campaigned there til the very end to convince the purples to turn red, knowing they will determine the election result.

The rest is electoral history.

This is a legitimate critique of certain feminists who refuse to treat women who prefer the role of mother to laborer as equal in their struggle. It's not unique to Conway, she just happens to be a high profile example.

The Trump stuff I see differently. She defended everything he said and some of it was indeed cringe-worthy. If she's going to defend the cringe-worthy stuff, rather than take a stand against it because it's her job, that's fine professionally but it does mean that she can't go back to the feminism side of the table after it's done.

It's no different from those women who complain about being objectified but dress more provocatively to help advance their career under the "use what you got" rubric.
So can all the feminist who supported hillary (who supported a man who cheated on her and was accused of rape and then called the those women every name in the book and hired PI to find dirt on them) go back to being feminist after supporting her?

So its ok to support a woman who supported a husband who is a multi time cheater/rapist and make excuses for him and call sexual assault victims names, but not ok to support a man who got caught saying crazy shit on a recorded device?

So Hillary and her supporters can go back to calling themselves feminist but Conway and her backers can't?

Or maybe her flavor of feminisim isn't as militant and extroverted as others. She's projected a image of strength, professionalism and success which are all worthy role model qualities. Maybe she doesn't see anything said by someone else as reflective of her own qualities or personal opinions or something to personally take offense at unless directed at her specifically. But that's all speculation of course.

Do you believe that women who claim to be feminists must support other women, or that they can be feminist by simply setting a personal example of their own achievements?
exactly plus

So can all the feminist who supported hillary (who supported a man who cheated on her and was accused of rape and then called the those women every name in the book and hired PI to find dirt on them) go back to being feminist after supporting her?

So its ok to support a woman who supported a husband who is a multi time cheater/rapist and make excuses for him and call sexual assault victims names, but not ok to support a man who got caught saying crazy shit on a recorded device?

So Hillary and her supporters can go back to calling themselves feminist but Conway and her backers can't?

While the idea of a republican woman not getting appreciated by feminists is sound, in this case is more circumstances.

When the first female president was within reached, having the winning campaign manager be female is a consolation prize that's little consolation at the moment.
Yes but as a feminist would you want such a corrupt piece of shit to be the first woman president? Or would you want someone you could call a true hero?

Or do yuo just want a pussy in the office?

No, the difference is that Sarah Palin was against abortion, even in cases of rape (wont support abortion even if my daughter was raped) and she was with the whole "abstinence, wait till marriage all non-virgin women are whores" puritan non-sense yet having a daughter have kids outside of marriage TWICE.

But, nope, its because she was a republican, totally.
I love the part that women have the choice to choose but if someone choose not to have one and dont think others should then she is not a real woman. You can think abortion is wrong all you want but the fact is that it is law, will be law FOREVER. The fact is they disliked her for having an opinion that meant fuck all in life or society. If the idea that you can only be a real woman or feminist by agreeing with killin kids, then that is a sorry statement and no woman should want to be apart of that BS.

And yes people believe things that either their kids may not or their kids may do, WTF does that have to do with anything?

Hillary called herself a feminist even though she supported a cheating rapist of a husband and then went on to make fun of and call sexual assault victims names and hired PI to investigate them.

So you see no way that someone can be against abortion, sex-ed and contraceptives and yet say they are pro-choice. My view of that is one can make a personal choice that none of those things are good decisions, and even work actively to see the option take away, and yet still believe that while it IS an option that it's ultimately the individuals choice on whether or not to make use of them. That's condemnation of the act and not the individual.

Irregardless, what I see advocated so many times in posts, articles and speeches from feminists is that it's an All Or Nothing mindset. Rather than accepting that for many people its a matter of degrees and what they are comfortable supporting. Maybe you consider them lukewarm or pseudo feminists but that's absolutist and really no different than the positions of many of the people feminist rail against. But then everyone wants it all and they want it right now. There is no longer any real measured thought, patience or acknowledgement and peace with small victories. Anything less than complete capitulation, acknowledgement and assimilation is seen as an unacceptable defeat.

I've come to view both the far-right and the far-left as caricatures of two modern scif-fi villians.

On the Right we have the Daleks with their cries of exterminate when confronted with anything that smacks of the Other. and on the Left we have the Borg who wish to subsume all that which isn't them. Resistance is futile and you WILL be assimilated for the good of the collective regardless of your personal feelings on the matter.
I am pro choice even though I hate abortion and would never ask my wife to have one and would try to deter others from having on. I hate the idea of it morally but understand the need for it socially and economically in a free society.

I dont believe the end justifies the means.

If you need to pander and lie to get elected to make a difference then fuck the electorate, if the republican party cant get elected without pandering to religious and conspiracy nuts then they deserve whatever people call them. Just like the democrats if they are going to pander to the leftist crazies, they deserve to be called upon that.

LOL, HOW DO YOU THINK POLITICS WORKS? OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO PROMISE PEOPLE SHIT, HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO VOTE FOR YOU.

GEE GOLLY GUYS, I DON'T REALLY KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ANYHTING AT ALL IN MY TIME IN WASHINGTON, BUT I WILL SURE TRY REAL REALLY HARD FOR YOU!!!! I CAN'T PROMISE ANY OF YOU ANYTHING SPECIFIC BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE PANDERING, JUST BELIEVE ME I WILL TRY.

ALSO PANDERING GETS VOTES WITHOUT ANY REAL COMMITMENT. YOU CAN PANDER TO THE RELIGIOUS BY SAYING THAT YOU ARE AGAISNT ABORTION WHEN YOU KNOW 100% THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE CALLED ON IT OR HAVE TO MAKE THAT DECISION. IT NO SKIN OFF YOUR BACK BECAUSE IT IS ALREQY SETTLED LAW. YOU OPINION MEANS JACK SHIT.

There is also a big difference between (i dont believe in something, but i concur that some other people believe in such things and i respect them) and (I dont believe in something and thus it should be illegal).

NO THERE IS NOT, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR BELIEF THAT IT SHOULD BE LEGAL HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY. YOU CAN BE ANTIABORTION ALL YOU WANT AND SAY IT, BUT YOUR BELIEF HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAW.

As Pan points out, she went beyond, looking past Trump misogyny, she actively played it down and defended it in order to get her elected. That was her job and that was commendable, but dont turn around and claim that you are pro-something when you work against something.

EXACTLY, SO ALL THE WOMEN SUPPORTING HILLARY CAN'T GO BACK AND CALL THEMSELVES FEMINIST NOW EITHER.

REPONSE IN CAPS

I love the part that women have the choice to choose but if someone choose not to have one and dont think others should then she is not a real woman. You can think abortion is wrong all you want but the fact is that it is law, will be law FOREVER. The fact is they disliked her for having an opinion that meant fuck all in life or society. If the idea that you can only be a real woman or feminist by agreeing with killin kids, then that is a sorry statement and no woman should want to be apart of that BS.

And yes people believe things that either their kids may not or their kids may do, WTF does that have to do with anything?

Hillary called herself a feminist even though she supported a cheating rapist of a husband and then went on to make fun of and call sexual assault victims names and hired PI to investigate them.

No, they didnt disliked her for having an opinion

She didnt said

"Well i think abortions are immoral, but i respect that people have a sacred right over their own bodies"

"I think waiting until marriage is virtuous but i realize the importance of sex ed and birth control"

When your opinions leave your own personal borders and you try to use the state to enforce your morality on others, thats beyond "your opinion".

Im pretty sure that Saudi Arabia "opinions" on women and gays are more than enough to declare that country the worst offender when it comes to women rights.

I am pro choice even though I hate abortion and would never ask my wife to have one and would try to deter others from having on. I hate the idea of it morally but understand the need for it socially and economically in a free society.

See thats the issue most people have with the religious, they dont believe in the law of man and believe that the law of god is supreme, so you cant fucking trust them when it comes to morality, they always want to bring the state to regulate morality.

Conway to move to Washington, keep working for President Trump
Published December 20, 2016​

Donald Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway confirmed to Fox News on Tuesday that she’ll move with her family to Washington, D.C., to take a job in support of the president-elect – either inside or outside his administration.

“My family is going to move to Washington, D.C., and I will either stay outside and run the political super-structure, or I will go into the West Wing and take a position right next to the president,” Conway, who ran Trump’s campaign, told Fox News’ “Happening Now.”

“I just want to find my best and highest use,” she said.

Trump's campaign manager did not specify what job she will take, but made clear she will continue working on behalf of Trump in some capacity, “no question.”

“I have the president-elect’s trust and I have his ear,” she said.

Conway had stayed coy about what job, if any, she may take with the Trump administration, though she is thought to have wide latitude in that decision.

Her confirmation that she's moving -- from her home in New Jersey -- makes clear she'll stay with the Trump team.

Conway said she and Trump discussed her role over the weekend.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/20/conway-to-move-to-washington-keep-working-for-trump.html

Back