Kelly Pavlik Vs. Arthur Abraham

Divatologist

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I see this fight happening some time soon. Although I like abraham Im going to choose pavlik in this bout. Heres why

His defense is far superior to miranda's

His boxing style is not nearly as wild and much more thought out (then abraham's)

Pavlik goes to the body quite a bit

I suppose an argument could be made for abraham having more power but Pavlik hits his spots better

Pavlik has faced and succeded against tougher competition

The judges all had miranda winning when he was stopped, I dont think Abraham could knock out Pavlik and thats the only way I could see him winning.

Props to Abraham for winning his fight tonight but in all honesty he didnt look that great doing it. Long and loopy punches only work when u have already caught your opponent. IF he is going to get a shot at pavlik I hope he comes a bit more prepared.

i'd love to see the fight be made. the fan wins no matter what.

Miranda and Taylor were easy targets for Pavlik to find

In Abraham he will be frustrated by his awkward and elusive peak a boo style

I'll go out on a limb and pick Abraham based solely on tonights performance, but Pavlik is such a sleeper

Cant wait for this one!

Miranda and Taylor were easy targets for Pavlik to find

In Abraham he will be frustrated by his awkward and elusive peak a boo style

I'll go out on a limb and pick Abraham based solely on tonights performance, but Pavlik is such a sleeper

Cant wait for this one!

Definitely, I just cant see arthur winning this one. I like the guy alot too. Kelly's foot work. busy pace, and the fact that he goes to the body so much makes me want to pick him. I also think any close rounds are gonna go to him. It will be a huge win for either guy.

Pavlik is favorite, but I won't bet the house on him. It's a good fight and Hopefully it can be made late this year or early next year.

*Abraham has to fight a mandatory to keep his belt in the fall.

Pavlik is favorite, but I won't bet the house on him. It's a good fight and Hopefully it can be made late this year or early next year.

*Abraham has to fight a mandatory to keep his belt in the fall.

He just found him tonight, it's Raul Marquez and he will not be an easy task

I love Marquez and all, but he won't win. Abraham does his best when fighters go at him.

Abraham will destroy Marquez. I think hell beat Pavlik as well, his defense and timing really impressed me tonight. The guy is a very skilled boxer, combine that with his power and toughness and hes gonna be hard to beat.

Pavlik is the only boxer that I am currently following and I know alot of other MMA people who fill the same way. I dont care who he fights as long as it test him and I get to watch it

Abraham by frustrating decision when Pavlike doesn't have a guy right in front of him.

This is a great fight but I think Pavlik out-works him and wins a UD. Abraham is not a defensive wizard he knows how to cover up, but he would be a stationary target for Pavlik who has a big reach advantage.

Abraham isn't busy enough and Pavlik is smart enough to avoid his bombs. Should be a good fight, but Taylor was a tougher test for Pavlik.

Hard fight to predict since both fighters have traits that test the other's weaknesses.

Pavlik is the slight favorite here, I know who I'll be rooting for though.

Who was the big Abraham supporter a few years back?
There was a poster on here that was big into Abraham.... had an AV of him...

Pavlik is the only boxer that I am currently following and I know alot of other MMA people who fill the same way. I dont care who he fights as long as it test him and I get to watch it

Because hes a white guy with tatoos and wears affliction huh? Look up Mikkel Kessler whos a white guy with great tats(way more rock n' roll than Pavlik). Also, hes a way better fighter than Pavlik and will KTFO, IMO. He doesn't wear affiction though thats not rock n' roll, but atleast hes white.

Because hes a white guy with tatoos and wears affliction huh? Look up Mikkel Kessler whos a white guy with great tats(way more rock n' roll than Pavlik). Also, hes a way better fighter than Pavlik and will KTFO, IMO. He doesn't wear affiction though thats not rock n' roll, but atleast hes white.

Haha. Too freakin' true!

I think Pavlik takes it, and it wont be close.

This is difficult for me to decide because both styles seem like foils. Pavlik with his tremendous work rate and solid straight punches would be perfect to overwhelm the stationary defense guard of Abraham. However, Abraham performs best when he let's his opponents blow their load in order for him to counter. It's a toss up in my eyes. Both have solid chins. Both have dynamite in both hands. Maybe I'll lean towards Pavlik because he has the considerable reach. But he doesn't always fight like a tall man.

Abraham by frustrating decision when Pavlike doesn't have a guy right in front of him.

Yeah cause JT was right in front of him in the rematch:icon_neut
Pavlik will batter Abraham. Arthur has a high and tight guard, lots of power and serious toughness. It wont be enough, we he he stands there and lets Kelly throw hes gonna get punished, Kelly will go to the body and beat the arms and just break him down. Arthur has a chance of landing a wide swing on Kelly but I doubt it, cause hes coming into the fight seeing it coming. Kelly by late stoppage.

I think Abrahams being underestimated a bit. I still don't know what to make of him yet, but he can punch, is tough and I don't believe Pavlik has the greatest chin, though plenty of heart.

Back