Kelly Pavlik Considering Stay At Middleweight

Del the Funk66

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So Kelly is considering staying at the 160 weight to fight either Andrade or Bute. I like the prospect of both fights. And regardless of whether he wins or loses I think it would be a good show.

Kelly Pavlik Ponders a Possible Stay at Middleweight - Boxing News

Another thing:

I've heard members of his team are considering the option of adding a physical conditioning expert to evaluate if Pavlik is physically capable of making the middleweight limit safely.

Thoughts?

I like palvik and he wants to stay at MW, then his team is right to look at getting a better strength and fittness coach then great. He has the skill to be one of the best but I think he is starting to check out mentally. Seems to be getting lazy.

Also I would like to see him go with another head coach. I think Jack has taken him as far as he can and would to see someone else come in and polish him up.

I like palvik and he wants to stay at MW, then his team is right to look at getting a better strength and fittness coach then great. He has the skill to be one of the best but I think he is starting to check out mentally. Seems to be getting lazy.

I think the concentration wasn't there in his last fight until the middle rounds. Then it was just the cuts. But man the guy makes adjustments and hasn't been KO'd. He's been hurt and has been outboxed. Tough motherfucker who doesn't give up. I would like to see how he does against a Bute. But he definitely would need strength and conditioning.

Agree with the coaching. He needs someone to slap him in that corner. The first 3-4 rounds in his fight against Da Sex were too soft. he didn't time or really throw. Too conservative and it cost him that fight.

I think the concentration wasn't there in his last fight until the middle rounds. Then it was just the cuts. But man the guy makes adjustments and hasn't been KO'd. He's been hurt and has been outboxed. Tough motherfucker who doesn't give up. I would like to see how he does against a Bute. But he definitely would need strength and conditioning.

Agree with the coaching. He needs someone to slap him in that corner. The first 3-4 rounds in his fight against Da Sex were too soft. he didn't time or really throw. Too conservative and it cost him that fight.

I think his problem wasn't during the fight but before the fight even started. We were hearing story about his drinking and not taking training serious. He has to get hungery again and want prove he willing to work at and not just really on his skills.

Something is wrong with Pavlik, and I don't think he'll ever fix it.

I think his problem wasn't during the fight but before the fight even started. We were hearing story about his drinking and not taking training serious. He has to get hungery again and want prove he willing to work at and not just really on his skills.

I think he needs to be less hungry.. Oh wait.

I would like to see him stay at MW, I think he can if he controls the drinking and diets he can stay there. I think he'll eventually have to move to 168 and I think he can make himself a pretty good home there but he needs to improve and work hard.

He's a good fighter to watch and I'm not too sure where he is mentally especially after the beating he took from Martinez. Hopefully he isn't too down on himself, It's looking good that he turned down a rematch.

Can Kelly put on weight? He reminds me of Chicanito Hernandez.
I think he'd have trouble with the top 168 lbs'.

Hoping he does. He's been a really entertaining fighter to watch.

Something is wrong with Pavlik, and I don't think he'll ever fix it.

I'm guessing this is half empty to you....

glass.jpg

I don't know but it looks refreshing.

A fight with Andrade would be good for him I think.

Cheer up. It's not all doom and gloom. Pavlik may still have it in him.:icon_chee

Lol you still have that sig? you can take it off if you like, you were only suposed to keep it for a month.

And I also think Pavlik is done at this point, maybe a fight with andrade would do well to bolster his confidence but the rest of the guys at 168 are gonna be tough for him to beat. B-Hop took his soul.

Lol you still have that sig? you can take it off if you like, you were only suposed to keep it for a month.

Didn't even think about it.

And I also think Pavlik is done at this point, maybe a fight with andrade would do well to bolster his confidence but the rest of the guys at 168 are gonna be tough for him to beat. B-Hop took his soul.

The guy lost a decision with a massive cut. Come on now. Let's stop pretending that Martinez blew Pavlik out... Pavlik was coming back. B-Hop did expose Pavlik for not being able to cope with an elite boxer. But that's not the end of the guy's career. BHop is no push over for anyone...

i like kelly.

looks like he's a plan a fighter only. i can handle that because his fights are exciting...as long as they last.

Back