Keith Thurman vs Josesito Lopez 1/26 FOX PBC Brooklyn

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The Thurman-Lopez fight will headline a January 26 card from Barclays Center in Brooklyn. A heavyweight bout between Brooklyn’s Adam Kownacki (18-0, 14 KOs) and Gerald Washington (19-2-1, 12 KOs), of Vellejo, California, also will be broadcast by FOX that night.

thurman-garcia-presser%20(10).jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-lopez-garcia-granados-santa-cruz-flores-set--133680

Lopez did very well for himself beating Ortiz all those years ago as it seems like off the back of that single victory he somehow keeps getting into these decent money contests with much better fighters vs. whom he has no chance.

It's about time Thurman had a fight schedule. Great tune-up fight. Josesito always brings it, but definitely isn't on Keith's level.

This will be a wipe out. Lopez is game but he has been battered several times and I expect that to happen again. Glad to see Thurman back though. He's too good to be sidelined.

Fighters should never look past their next opponent, but nobody said fans can't. So that makes me wonder who his next, NEXT opponent will be. Hopefully it'll be Spence but I don't know if he wants that smoke.

Interesting to see who is after this, tho. To Keith's credit, he has fought some very tough comp in the past, so maybe we will get something good coming up after he beats down Josesito (who I will always like for breaking that douche's jaw back in the day).

Credit to Josesito he will earn his money and come to fight like he always does, but as long as Thurman's anywhere close to what he was before the layoff, this should be an entertaining ass kicking and not much more.

So the real question is who he decides to fight next in terms of actual elite comp. Hopefully the answer is Spence, but not holding my breath, obv.

Adam Kownacki 18-0 vs Gerald Washington 19-2-1 co main event

I'd like to see Thurman rematch Porter. If not after this then after another tuneup. He talked about it recently so hopefully we'll get to see it mid to late next year.

I'd like to see Thurman rematch Porter. If not after this then after another tuneup. He talked about it recently so hopefully we'll get to see it mid to late next year.
Me too, iirc I had it a draw or 115-113 for Porter. Really fun fight, too. I'd happily watch the rematch.

Keith should destroy him, and proceed to fight Spence after

For Thurman to impress me, he would have to stop Josesito in the first few rounds of the fight. Josesito seems to never get stopped until the mid rounds and for "one-time" to really be "one-time" i want a KO/TKO by the 4th rd.

It makes much more sense than a Porter fight as a tune-up.

That being said, I hope Lopez won't have to regret taking one beatdown too many.

Can’t wait for this scrap. Thurman is going KO Lopez in the 6th.

It makes much more sense than a Porter fight as a tune-up.

That being said, I hope Lopez won't have to regret taking one beatdown too many.

I foresee Lopez taking a beating the way Guerrero vanished from the Figueroa Jr. bout to now return again... Lopez been through too many wars but always a fun a fighter to watch.

getting that 'one-time' he's gonna box out of the way early for 2019

After Lopez Thurman should consider fighting Porter before Spence. The odds of Spence taking that are too high - and while I’m not a fan of Keith he’d be smart to take a more winnable fight for a decent payday, and then get another against Errol. I wouldn’t knock him for that.

Not to say Porter is a gimme either. No one at the top of 147 is.

Back