Keith > Pac / Danny > Mikey - Easy Money?

benebox

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Both Keith Thurman beating a 42-Year-Old Pacquiao and Danny Garcia winning over Mikey Garcia are paying close to even money which seems absurd?

Firstly Mikey shouldn't be fighting anywhere near WW and looked terrible his last fight. The boxing fan in me is pissed that the Lomanchenko fight isn't being made but the gambler in me sees this as an opportunity to win some big money. Danny is just too big and underrated as is.

As for Pac, I want him to win and will be over the moon if he can somehow pull this off (even at an expense to my wallet) but my head says Thurman is going to win fairly easily.

Does anyone here actually think Mikey or Pacquiao will win?

Was going to create a poll but then I realized I've been on here for 10 years and I still don't know how to.

*Just googled it and you have to pay for a Platinum Membership to make a poll... seems a little odd but I'm sure they have their reasons. <Fedor23>

Lines are based on the money coming in more than the probable result. Manny is still a name, so near even money isn't too surprising.

Danny should be favored but Mikey is pretty well known. Danny should be a bigger star imo, dunno why but fans seem apathetic towards him at times

Lines are based on the money coming in more than the probable result. Manny is still a name, so near even money isn't too surprising.

Danny should be favored but Mikey is pretty well known. Danny should be a bigger star imo, dunno why but fans seem apathetic towards him at times

Yeah, I'm waiting as I think both lines will actually improve.

Garcia obviously wins, Mikey has no chance, you're correct that he has no business at 147. The Spence fight was a joke and so is this. Such weird matchmaking. Even at 140 he is obviously undersized.

But as for Pacquiao? You're really thinking Thurman is a lock over Pacquiao? Thurman?

I know Pacquiao is 40, but he's still a remarkably young 40 considering how long and tough his career has been, starting pro at like 15 or 16. Thurman is not good enough to carry prime Pacquiao's jockstrap, so for Thurman to win either he has to fight a career best performance, or Pacquiao is far more shot than I think he is. Both are possible of course, but this is not a fight I'd like to bet on, and I actually favour Pacquiao.

Garcia obviously wins, Mikey has no chance, you're correct that he has no business at 147. The Spence fight was a joke and so is this. Such weird matchmaking. Even at 140 he is obviously undersized.

But as for Pacquiao? You're really thinking Thurman is a lock over Pacquiao? Thurman?

I know Pacquiao is 40, but he's still a remarkably young 40 considering how long and tough his career has been, starting pro at like 15 or 16. Thurman is not good enough to carry prime Pacquiao's jockstrap, so for Thurman to win either he has to fight a career best performance, or Pacquiao is far more shot than I think he is. Both are possible of course, but this is not a fight I'd like to bet on, and I actually favour Pacquiao.

Not a lock but I just really like those odds and although not shot, Pac is quite a bit past his prime. He was getting caught way too much for my liking in his last few fights and not fighting anyone on the level of Thurman, who has also become a little underrated after his last fight which he just came back from a 2 year lay off (from an injury I think). I expect him to be sharper his time.

But I do much prefer Danny over Mikey.

Im taking Pacquiao and Mikey to win.

Mikey really? He looked terrible in his only fight at WW.

Not a lock but I just really like those odds and although not shot, Pac is quite a bit past his prime. He was getting caught way too much for my liking in his last few fights and not fighting anyone on the level of Thurman, who has also become a little underrated after his last fight which he just came back from a 2 year lay off (from an injury I think). I expect him to be sharper his time.

Yeah that's fair enough. Tbh, partly I am a big Pacquiao fan, so really want him to win this. I agree he is quite a bit past prime, obviously. His peak was probably 10 years ago.

But in his most recent 2 fights, he looked really good for a 40 year old, and actually my perception was he barely got hit by either of them. Against Horn he looked terrible I agree, and basically shot. But I put that down to not training hard, seriously understimating his opponent, and Horn being a dirty wrestler who now fights at middleweight. Pacquiao still won 10 rounds.

Im taking Pacquiao and Mikey to win.

Same .

Out of any fighter I've seen who doesn't fight with any sense of urgency, even when they are clearly behind, or the fight is razor close....Danny Garcia takes the fucking cake.

What's even more annoying is when he looks shocked when then decision is announced.

Same .

Out of any fighter I've seen who doesn't fight with any sense of urgency, even when they are clearly behind, or the fight is razor close....Danny Garcia takes the fucking cake.

What's even more annoying is when he looks shocked when then decision is announced.
Yea Thurman and Danny or probably the least two guys that I would put my money on.

If Thurman shows up like he did against Lopez, Pacquiaos putting him to sleep.

And Mikeys gonna route Danny so bad, that people will be shocked by how wide it is.

Yea Thurman and Danny or probably the least two guys that I would put my money on.

If Thurman shows up like he did against Lopez, Pacquiaos putting him to sleep.

And Mikeys gonna route Danny so bad, that people will be shocked by how wide it is.

Agreed,

And lol at people giving Mikey shit for his last performance.

He fought arguably the best talent in boxing today, in Errol Spence...and saw the final bell.

And when you had and I agree in something that's scary...

All we need is for @Seano and @nac386 to agree and then we know it's a lock

Agreed,

He fought arguably the best talent in boxing today, in Errol Spence...and saw the final bell.

Yea he just fought Spence and made it through.
I think that actually helps him in his fight against Danny.
Dannys no Spence.

What makes you think Mikey has no chance here?

Agreed,

Sorry, couldn't disagree more. I thought maybe Garcia (mikey) had the tools to do OK at WW but he doesn't. He's going to rack up loss after loss at the weight.

I can't pick Pac against any top 5 guy. If you were being honest, you'd admit he hasn't looked all that sensational winning fights lately.

Sorry, couldn't disagree more. I thought maybe Garcia (mikey) had the tools to do OK at WW but he doesn't. He's going to rack up loss after loss at the weight.

I can't pick Pac against any top 5 guy. If you were being honest, you'd admit he hasn't looked all that sensational winning fights lately.

It's more about me being so unimpressed with Keith Thurman...especially against Lopez.

It's more about me being so unimpressed with Keith Thurman...especially against Lopez.

That was after his career long layoff though, I agree he didn't look great but expect him to be shaper this time round.

Back