Keith Owen shows great guard break and pass video

boisefireman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Great guard break. I was at the seminar Professor Sauer showed this. Please watch the whole video and then comment.

My head exploded from too big of an orgasm, hell yeah nice technique

This is a pretty sweet pass. i will have to try it. Thanks for showing.

Glad you guys like it. I get stuff like that all the time. Keith is great a blowing your mind once a week at least. I'll have a proble and he'll say " oh yeah, just do this" and it will be simple and awesome. I think he gets it from professor sauer. They are alot alike.

Awesomely Awesome never seen that one

Thank you, sir. It looks simple. I do okay when things are simple.

Very nice!

I like that move.

That trap of the leg is actually common enough. People do it to me a lot, and it is effective for opening the guard. The video explains the concept nicely though so I definitely understand it better than before.

Thanks for the video.

Glad you guys like it. I get stuff like that all the time. Keith is great a blowing your mind once a week at least. I'll have a proble and he'll say " oh yeah, just do this" and it will be simple and awesome. I think he gets it from professor sauer. They are alot alike.

awesome. looks so simple. will try this on monday.

I've been thinking about passing turning their hips one way and turning their upper body the opposite way or at least keeping them flat on their back.

awesome. looks so simple. will try this on monday.

I've been thinking about passing turning their hips one way and turning their upper body the opposite way or at least keeping them flat on their back.

Tozi, ftw!

Wow that was really cool!

Sauer is such an innovator and Owens seems like a great teacher.

If I'm ever in Idaho I know where to go.

Go Team Sauer!

That just blew my mind socks off.

Amazing. I've already had some success with the tozi pass, this one is even sweeter.

Boise, do you think you can do this nogi? if so how?

thanks in advance

I'm really surprised at how new this pass is to a lot of people. I always thought that trapping the leg like this was a pretty common type of guard passing.

Like all guard passes, it has its advantages and disadvantages. You have to watch out for a few things from the guy on the bottom, but that happens with any guard pass. I've seen this a lot with competition guys, and I'm sure they are using it for good reason.

Boise, do you think you can do this nogi? if so how?

thanks in advance

If it helps, I've seen the same trap used in no gi a lot too. Leg lock types in particular will use this because it can open up a lot of attack possibilities.

I'm not sure how you'd replicate the lapel grip in no gi. I'm sure you could come up with some ways by playing around with it, but it probably won't be quite as solid. You could always just hold your arm in that position if nothing else.

I think this definitely has at least some no gi use.

Back