Keine Angst vor Kraftsport!

vla

White Belt
Reaction score
It's been about one year since some friends took me to our rowing club
and showed me that you can do a few more things with your body
apart from having sex, spend the life on the computer and feed it with alkohol.
Shortly graedy got me under his control and I started to workout 3 times a week.

This week is about to show us how I developed training on his plans and directions.

Deadlift - 150kg
Backsquats - 130kg
Frontsquat - 115kg
Benchpress - 90kg
Push Press - 85kg
Chin Ups - 15 reps bw

I'll attach my training notes I took over the year to this post in case someone is interested.
Also, there's a small vid showing me on a 20x90kg back squat about half a year ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-MMMfTNqGI

I started of with no significant bio in sports. Kinda daylight afraid nerd type of a man. Still I am in some way ;)
Working out really made me feel better. Doing something for yourself and the great feeling of achievement when getting better
and better got me entirely. Also I found kind of a meditative effects on my mind when doing my workout.
But this I won't discuss here :)

Nevertheless, some hard facts about me:
born '85
weight ~86kg
height ~1,80m
bizeps 1,20m
student of computer science
addicted to Schokojumbos
veggie

The next 6 weeks I attempt to lose some fat I always wanted to get rid of.

I'll post the routine tomorrow - just wanted to get this out of my brain into text.

Yeah, it's METER and CENTIMETER and GRAM and KILOGRAM. Get used to it ;)

The first 2 plans I started from about one year ago:
http://nosubtitles.net/sherdog/part1.rtf

---------------------------

Here's my fatburn plan I started this week:
  • Monday
  • SB 30 min @ 120 watts [+3 watts each session]
  • Tuesday
  • Highrepweights: This is splitted in 4 parts. After each set 60s rest, after each part 2m rest. Means: BP 1x25, rest 60 secs, bench pulls 1x25, rest 60s, repeat 3 times, then 2m rest and hop on the next part.
  • bpress 4x25
  • bpull(?) 4x25
  • leg press 3x30
  • v-situps 3x30
  • curls 4x25 lol
  • triceps pushdowns 4x25
  • lunges 3x20

WTF is KG and M ???

Pounds.

Just kidding. Welcome.

I'm curious about this meditative state of mind too-

Your title is Pinto.

Nice lifting so far. Despite what you've read, us yanks can convert kgs to pounds. Nice to see someone squatting almost a tonne. ;)

Title suggestion: Metric MotherF**ker, do you speak it?!?

But that's just me. Good lifting and good luck!

Lifting baconators and eating kilograms

Title suggestion: Metric MotherF**ker, do you speak it?!?

Lol, awesome title, if one could use profanity in a title of a thread w/o getting banned. Might be able to get away with asterisks like that though...

Nice to see you finally created a log. I was thinking it was only a matter of time when you started popping up here more often.

How about: "Training to stay stronger than graedy forever"
I know that this is an unrealistic goal - but it is a cool title.

Lame attempt at German-sounding title:

- vla's veightlifiting log

Thank you all for your interest and welcome!

I finally have chosen a catchy title. Thanks for the tips :)

A few words on this meditative thingy. I suffer from ADHD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD).
This disorder affects anyone in a different way. You may know some stories from the press since I got to know there is a kind of hype in the US to give any difficult child Ritaline :icon_conf.
The point on that is I lose concentration really fast if I even managed to get me into a focused mode. Since a few month I'm drugged with MPH (Ritaline) and it helps me alot. I had to go through a lot of tests at the university clinicum. MPH is not widely tested on adults.
But for me it really does it's job.
To be focused on my workouts is a real pain in the ass for me. That's why it every time is a pleasure to do my sets right. I also are happy to have graedy who helps me to keep focused on my form and don't drift away into dreams during a rest.
For example: My backsquat form was terrible on my PR day. As I lifted it of the rack I was astonished by the bar beeing bent on my back. Such little things come into my way the whole day. I have to add my PRs were done without ritaline. I'd forgot to get a prescription. Maybe I could have done better with.

Next part of this meditative thingy is different. I like the challenge with myself. Doing a set is a battle between my brain, my nerves and my muscles and every single part of my body. If you fail there's no one to blame but yourself. For the most things u suck at you may find an excuse. But in lifting it's just me and the weight. Beat the weight. Beat yourself. Don't let the weight beat you.

So - I found different aspects on lifting for myself.
Call my a hippy, but I had to write this out ;)

I've added my first 2 plans to the initial post.
Sorry for the rtf format on those using linux.
The later plans I still have to copy from my notes.

Also, I have not made the upcoming plan sherdog compatible yet. Stay tuned.

German, huh? There you go.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I03VBilncwI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I03VBilncwI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

interesting log! my numbers are about the same as urs in most lifts. Im also going to drop some fat.

Thank you all for your interest and welcome!

I finally have chosen a catchy title. Thanks for the tips :)

A few words on this meditative thingy. I suffer from ADHD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD).
This disorder affects anyone in a different way. You may know some stories from the press since I got to know there is a kind of hype in the US to give any difficult child Ritaline :icon_conf.
The point on that is I lose concentration really fast if I even managed to get me into a focused mode. Since a few month I'm drugged with MPH (Ritaline) and it helps me alot. I had to go through a lot of tests at the university clinicum. MPH is not widely tested on adults.
But for me it really does it's job.
To be focused on my workouts is a real pain in the ass for me. That's why it every time is a pleasure to do my sets right. I also are happy to have graedy who helps me to keep focused on my form and don't drift away into dreams during a rest.
For example: My backsquat form was terrible on my PR day. As I lifted it of the rack I was astonished by the bar beeing bent on my back. Such little things come into my way the whole day. I have to add my PRs were done without ritaline. I'd forgot to get a prescription. Maybe I could have done better with.

Next part of this meditative thingy is different. I like the challenge with myself. Doing a set is a battle between my brain, my nerves and my muscles and every single part of my body. If you fail there's no one to blame but yourself. For the most things u suck at you may find an excuse. But in lifting it's just me and the weight. Beat the weight. Beat yourself. Don't let the weight beat you.

So - I found different aspects on lifting for myself.
Call my a hippy, but I had to write this out ;)

I've added my first 2 plans to the initial post.
Sorry for the rtf format on those using linux.
The later plans I still have to copy from my notes.

Also, I have not made the upcoming plan sherdog compatible yet. Stay tuned.

First, congratulations on your English. I wish I spoke German that good. (Ich habe 3 Jahren ins Schule studiert- vacation 1984 ins Munchen und Salzburg. :redface:)

ADHD is a bitch. Good luck with it. Adderal is another commonly prescribed medicine here for ADHD.

Nice title. Kick Graedy in the butt for me.

Thank you for your commendations.
hunto, I know a few people who had been to several countries for years not improving their skills. So - don't blame yourself ;) Btw you could not expect to learn proper german in Bavaria.

Thanks for the video. Just danced to it in the club these days.

I finished my pr week yesterday and started my fatburn routine today.
Frontsquats went very well on form - I did 115kg . 15kgs less than my backsqt pr.
Benchpress are as expected low on 90kg.
On the last squat my awereness faded away after locking out. Never experienced sth. similar.
Good thing I had 2 friends putting the bar back on the rack.

I still have been too lazy to convert graedys plan for posting it here. I try to do it tonight.

Started with 30 mins SB@120 Watts today.

I updated my initial post with the current fatburn plan.

hunto,
I just inverstigated on this alternate treatment for ADHD. I thought Ritaline to be the devil himself regarding side effects and such, but this one seems to be hell

I updated the plan again to make it more clear what I actually am doing.

Had the first workout today.
benchpress @40kgs: 25,23,16,16
bench pulls @50kgs: 25,15,12,15

legpress @70kgs: 30,30,30
v-situps @lol: 30,19, wtf

After doing the legpresses my circulation went nuts and I had a nice monologue with the toilet. It usually takes too long for me to be ready again. Means several hours.
I will have to talk to graedy to fit the plan more to my needs.

This is something I don't get. I can do 20x90kg squats. I can stay hours on the ergometer, regardless which. Doing things like lunges or other highrep workouts makes me vomit the hell out of me.

I appreciate any hints on this.

It's just one of those things, vla. Men can get really good at things like The Tour de France, but when it comes to running a marathon, it kicks their ass (See Lance Armstrong as an example).

Wind sprints followed by burpees always make me vomit. Always have, probably always will.

Bad lactic acid tolerance. That's all. This will improve. But building up lots of lactic acid is part of the fatburning concept. So it is necessary. We will lower the weights next time though. But overall this day will stay as it is.
I am really not a sadist. But what needs to be done needs to be done.

Back