keiko raca gi

kyam

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to try a Keiko Raca gi coz they look stylish (navy blue) and I like the Japanese character meaning courage. Also I was told they're good quality and have a solid collar. Does anybody know what size I should take? I'm 6 feet and 162lbs. I got an Atama A3 and Koral A2 (coz they don"t shrink) and both fit well although I feel slightly more comfy in the Atama. Looks like Keiko shrinks a lot though, right?
BTW is there a good mailorder down in Florida for Keiko gis?
Thanx!
Train hard-train smart!!
Kyam

well I must say that the koral has better finishing than the atama but apart from that i feel more comfy in the atama, it's a bit thicker and somewhat softer. also the collar is thicker. i have seen that the koral rubber collar tends to expand a little with time and becomes wavy. don't like that. the color of my blue atama mundial model 5 has washed out a lot though but i dont mind that too much. the atama has a better fit and the new models feature rip-stop pants and that's a big plus coz the pants always rip first in the knee area and the little threads cut into your knee-caps.
anyhow it's all pros and cons and the koral, though thin, might actually be more durable, time will tell.one thing's for sure though, the koral doesnt shrink whereas the atama does. i'm koral a2 and atama a3.
finally i also like the atama character meaning "head".

kyam

I wear an A4 Atama, A3 Koral and bought a A4 Keiko about 4 years ago. Keiko was HUGE in the package. I almost sent it back but decided to wash/dry to shrink to my size. It shrunk alright. I actually ended up shrinking it a little too much. Decent gi but stitching was not nearly the quality of Koral. Also was not as durable as other brands I've worn.

if your a size A2 in koral then you are a1 in keiko. they usual come bigger then you think. they do shrink alot but thats for the color ones. white tends to shrink less.

I have a a3 Keiko I believe. Its too big for me. I wasn't a big fan of GI, so thats probably why I didn't like it. I felt nicer than a Koral tho.

if your a size A2 in koral then you are a1 in keiko. they usual come bigger then you think. they do shrink alot but thats for the color ones. white tends to shrink less.

im an A2 koral and an A2 in keiko

I have a Keiko Raca gi. I am 5' 10" and weight on average of 156lbs. to 160lbs.. I wear a A3. The pants are about a inch to long and cover my ankles but do not touch the floor. The jacket is a fit perfect. When I first got my gi, I washed it in hot water and machine dryed it....Twice. Now I machine wash cold with extra rinse and line dry.

I am 6' 225lbs and I sport the Keiko in A3. The fit is perfect for me, where an A3 Atama is a little too snug in my shoulders. So for you, at 160ish I would say A2. The sleeves will probably be a little short for you (i.e. not ending at your wrist), but I typically like that. We carry this Keiko Gi, we have it in stock, and we ship from New York. RioFightWear

KEGIWHTLM-2.jpg

Back