1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Keiko limited edition gi size help

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Singher25, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Singher25 White Belt

Sorry if this has been asked many times, but i wanted to buy the keiko gi today and don't really want to get the wrong size.

I'm 5'7 155 lbs and i wear a fuji A3 currently. Should i get the A2 model or A1? Every sizing chart i see on it seems to be a little different.

thanks

2. LongVN Blue Belt

a3 fuji? holy hell were u fatter before? a2 would fit u for sure careful on shrinking it though

3. LongVN Blue Belt

forgot to mention, it will look big out of the bag but after washing and drying it will shrink

4. Singher25 White Belt

haha, i've never been fat. This is actually the most i have ever weighed. The fuji fits pretty nicely too.

Thanks for the input :icon_chee

5. Whats your height and weight? Im 5'10" 185 and i wear a fuji a3 as well. Its pretty snug but i like it that way. I just bought a keiko raca limited ed. A2. I rolled in it for the first time tonight. Its a great, light gi. I just got done washing it on hot with high heat dryer. It shrunk up quite a bit but still fits nice and snug.

6. fan22 Brown Belt

Fuji's shrink.

I wear an A3 in my Fuji(5'10.5" , 175lbs) and typically an A2 in my others.

Fuji will shrink a lot.

7. acsubie** Orange Belt

my experience also..Great gi out the bag, was pretty big so hot washed 1x and line dry. Jacket shrank considerably and now is very snug:icon_conf

8. ohmalley Blue Belt

i actually think an a1 might fit you well -- kinda depends on how long your arms are. i'm 5'4" 158 and an a1 was huge on me out of the bag. it shrunk up nicely but the torso could still lose a couple inches. i have short arms so i can still shrink the crap out of it without worrying about the sleeves getting too short. if you search ohmalley and keiko my review should come up -- pretty detailed with actual measurements of the gi pre and post wash. and i have some photos of me wearing it up in my profile (so you can get a sense of my body type and build -- check the shoyoroll pics too).

long story short, the a1 will def fit in the torso but sleeve length may be an issue. a2 might be a little too big in the body, but they can be shrunk quite a bit so you should be fine. just don't go above an a2.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010