1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Keico Raca shrinkage.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by chris1190, Sep 17, 2010.

1. chris1190

chris1190 Orange Belt

So I just got a navy blue limited edition keico and was wondering how much it is going to shrink when if I dry it. I got an A2 and it is a bit large so I want it to shrink some but I have heard some people say that this gi shrinks A LOT. Wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

2. Tapbar

Tapbar Blue Belt

i own black keiko in a2. i'm 5'9 170-175lbs. I have heat dried twice and it fits fine. I never heat dry my gis once i get them to the fit I want. But two heat drys worked fine for me. I always check about every 20-30 min on the first time in dryer to check up on it.

3. acsubie**

acsubie** Orange Belt

My navy shrunk alot in the chest area after minimal dryer time. Still have been unable to wear mine because of it. Sleeves and skirt are perfect now though :(

The pants are also wider than I prefer and I wad not able to get rid of that with dryer

4. ohmalley

ohmalley Blue Belt

you can get a fair bit of shrinkage, but nothing outrageous. i've found they tighten up nicely.

5. Mostenso

Mostenso White Belt

I have deliberately shrunk my keiko summer weave (it has lost several inches in the sleeves) but thats after numerous times through the dryer. Just check it every 10 mins or so.

6. JoelThomas

JoelThomas Green Belt

I'm about the same size as you, low-body fat, wider shoulders: do you find the top to be restrictive to your arm movement at all? I've heard Keikos are cut way better for lankier guys.

7. Tapbar

Tapbar Blue Belt

No not really. I move fine in it. But with that being said, I'm not a huge fan of the cut. It's a bit square fitting. I wouldn't buy another keiko. All of my other training partners say the same thing about the cut.

8. ShindoNinja

ShindoNinja faixa marrom

They shrink a ton. My A3 started huge now it almost doesn't fit.