Keeping clean

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by navita, Oct 28, 2010.

1. navita

navita Orange Belt

Yes I know many of you will probably be grossed out by this. But you should definitely be aware of some of the things you could get from training. Remember you could get any of these things in day to day life, but your chances are higher because of grappling. So keep clean and you will be in good shape!

Navita, la Jiujitera: Brazilian Jiu jitsu and MMA in Indiana: What is That on Your Leg?!?!

So I had a group called Fight Soap ask me to do a product review. Guys this soap and soaps like it will be your best friend for helping prevent you possibly getting very dangerous diseases.

Navita, la Jiujitera: Brazilian Jiu jitsu and MMA in Indiana: Product Review: Fight Soap

2. ManolosFist

ManolosFist Orange Belt

Great info I am putting in an order as I am typing this!!

3. navita

navita Orange Belt

4. I just ordered Defense Soap yesterday so don't know what it smells like.
    It is based on Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus Oil and I like both of those smells.

The reason I ordered Defense is that it also doesn't contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

5. And just in case anyone cares...
    Sorbitol is also in Fight Soap.
    It is usually used to make Soap transparent and is cheaper than using Glycerine.

That's what I remember anyway (I have a friend that makes natural skin products).
    I think the Sorbitol can make your Skin dry.

The Sodium Laryl Sulfate by the way...that is added to Shampoo and Toothpaste to make it Foamy and it is a Detergent.

The only reason I really care is that Deodorant Soaps make my skin break out.

6. hamilton

hamilton Orange Belt

you train out in indi? nice. indiana jits for the win! didnt know that monteiro's was out there. very cool!

7. navita

navita Orange Belt

Indianapolis is Marcello's main school :)

8. hamilton

hamilton Orange Belt

didnt have any idea. heard great things, and it's only 1:15 away, might have to stop by a few times and get my butt handed to me.

9. That picture of Kevin Randleman's staph infection is so brutal. If that isn't enough of a reason to be concerned with hygiene, there isn't one.

10. navita

navita Orange Belt

agreed... i wanted to get the point across...