Keep these Hector Lombard hype threads coming..

OneBoredColeman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Guy just got his first W in the UFC over a mid-tier 185er and everyones already saying he deserves a title shot in the next 2 or so fights

vintage sherdog lol.

He could very easily be 2-0. Boetsch and Pallhares are solid wins if he would have gotten them both.

He could very easily be 2-0. Boetsch and Pallhares are solid wins if he would have gotten them both.

I disagree. Even IF he is 2-0 (which I do believe he should be), his fight against Boetsch was very underwhelming, it was a terrible performance from back to front.

Also, Palhares isn't known for being a good standup fighter either.

I'm not saying Lombard is bad but these hype threads need to stop, he's definitely in the mix but he needs a couple more fights before we could even consider him a contender.

And Thales Leites would be the MW champ if he'd beaten Anderson Silva.

beating a mid tier UFC 185er is impressive. vitor hasnt beaten one and hes already gotten 2 title shots

And Thales Leites would be the MW champ if he'd beaten Anderson Silva.

Way to make a shit-tastic comparison that makes no sense. A large number of people think that Lombard won that fight despite what the judges or the record indicates.

Only thing people think Leites beat Silva at was falling down.

God forbid a fighter has fans who believes in him. Can a fighter have fans now a days with out them being considered just hype.

Way to make a shit-tastic comparison that makes no sense. A large number of people think that Lombard won that fight despite what the judges or the record indicates.

Only thing people think Leites beat Silva at was falling down.

Don't overreact, sweetums, mostly a joke.

Just pointing out that "should", "if he had", "could've", etc., are all pretty worthless. IF Hector had gotten the judges' nod over Boetsch, he'd be 2-0, with a decent win over a top-20 leg lock savant and a completely dreadful win over a solid fighter in a fight that nobody on the face of the earth will ever willingly watch again. Okay, that's a decent start to a UFC career. Does nothing to make me think he'd beat Silva, but whatever, one man's crumbs are another man's feast. The main problem with that scenario is the word "if".

Lombard: 1-1 in the UFC

Lombard mentioned in the post fight pc that he would keep an eye on being a possible injury replacement in the january Vitor/Bisping fight.

I felt Lombard won that Boetsch fight. I wouldn't mind seeing the two go at it again. Just make sure it's an undercard.

the way the MW division is atm you could make a case for Lombard getting a shot after 2 big victories. If Vitor got injured and he fought bisping (who he's called out already) and then went on to fight another big name like Weidman he would all but be guaranteed a shot. Riding a streak like his and with a fan base as extensive as his (I'm aussie and even casual MMA fans live and breath Hector) there's crazier things that have happened.

Just pointing out that "should", "if he had", "could've", etc., are all pretty worthless. IF Hector had gotten the judges' nod over Boetsch, he'd be 2-0, with a decent win over a top-20 leg lock savant and a completely dreadful win over a solid fighter in a fight that nobody on the face of the earth will ever willingly watch again. Okay, that's a decent start to a UFC career. Does nothing to make me think he'd beat Silva, but whatever, one man's crumbs are another man's feast. The main problem with that scenario is the word "if".

You need to show some hespecta for "Lights Out" . My favorite defensive style boxer of akll time. Him and Pernell WHitaker. (Even though your av makes me chuckle)

I gave Lombard shit over his last fight. Calling him Hector "The Statue" Lombard....mostly in response to all the hype he was getting from the fanboys wanting desperately for him to come and dominate so their opinions would be validated....I have a feeling they will feel vindicated, and there will be a lot of "I told you so" threads on Sherdog tomorrow.:)

I don't know about how he'd do with Sonnen for instance if he was still at 185...someone who pressures constantly and dosen't back up.....I don't know about Munboz or Bisping either. I think Bisping will avoid the big punches and outstrike him via superior footwork.

oneboredcoleman literally said exactly what I was going to say to you

I disagree. Even IF he is 2-0 (which I do believe he should be), his fight against Boetsch was very underwhelming, it was a terrible performance from back to front.

Also, Palhares isn't known for being a good standup fighter either.

I'm not saying Lombard is bad but these hype threads need to stop, he's definitely in the mix but he needs a couple more fights before we could even consider him a contender.
was literally going to say this. yes, he "could" be 2-0 but then that would be a pretty shitty 1st win, barely being able to beat someone like boetsch

especially considering there are people now saying he'd dominate Bisping? Barely beating Boetsch and beating Palhares doesn't warrant that

beating a mid tier UFC 185er is impressive. vitor hasnt beaten one and hes already gotten 2 title shots
he beat rich franklin (unless you're really going to be a sandy vagina and give me shit about TEN POUNDS. It's still two guys who typically fight at mw fighting) and he beat akiyama, and rumble. all about mid-tier at the time

God forbid a fighter has fans who believes in him. Can a fighter have fans now a days with out them being considered just hype.

there's a difference between fans believing and hype. I know some people don't understand that on sherdog, so you're right to be a little defensive, but in this case we're seeing a clear case of hype.

I've already seen post implying that he would easily walk through michael bisping in round 1 (the same michael bisping who's had plenty of tough fights in the ufc)

and i've seen someone imply that he's a much better striker than vitor belfort...

He also had like a 20 or 30 fight win streak outside of the UFC, and a medal in Olympics. Silva did well outside of the UFC and got a title fight after what, 1 fight?

I don't get why people think their is such a huge gap between competition in between the organizations. The top 10 in ufc I do give the edge over the tops in other organizations but its not as huge as people seem to make it out to be, talking in DBZ terms, if the top contenders in other organizations had a power level of like 10 then UFC top contenders are like around 15-25. People seem to think its like 10 for them and then the ufc is like way way better with like 1000.

I never said it was the Boetsch fight was impressive or that he would/could beat Silva or that he deserved it.

Simply said that he rightfully should be 2-0 against solid competition.

Your smartass answer and your backpeddaling follow up had absolutely nothing to do with my original statement.

You need to show some hespecta for "Lights Out" . My favorite defensive style boxer of akll time. Him and Pernell WHitaker. (Even though your av makes me chuckle)

I gave Lombard shit over his last fight. Calling him Hector "The Statue" Lombard....mostly in response to all the hype he was getting from the fanboys wanting desperately for him to come and dominate so their opinions would be validated....I have a feeling they will feel vindicated, and there will be a lot of "I told you so" threads on Sherdog tomorrow.:)

I don't know about how he'd do with Sonnen for instance if he was still at 185...someone who pressures constantly and dosen't back up.....I don't know about Munboz or Bisping either. I think Bisping will avoid the big punches and outstrike him via superior footwork.

Finally can agree with you on something lol! Don't think Lombard will do well against the technical strikers and while I'm sure his hips are solid I don't know how well he'd do against wrestlers either. He'd probably get past Munoz as he really hasn't displayed good MMA wrestling though.

Back