Keenan's Father Speaks

Indeed. We live in an instant gratification, sex-obsessed, secular, moral-less society. Perhaps we should be focusing on teaching people how to be decent human beings instead of taking another easy way out and teaching more barbarity. Fix the root of the problem instead of treating the symptoms.

Yeah, because religious people have a monopoly on being decent human beings. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because religious people have a monopoly on being decent human beings. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that, but I will say that it's no coincidence that the more we, as a society, move farther away from morality and objective truth and fully delve into sexual deviance, violence, amorality/moral relativism, regressive thinking and acceptance of barbarity, the more desensitized we all, as a society, become (especially the kids growing up in this environment and way of thinking), the more we keep hearing stories on the news about kids getting gunned down in school, and the more we keep hearing rape stories like these unfortunately. We risk losing being able to call ourselves a civilization.

I'm a troll account because I have a set of beliefs, Rambo?

No, that one was actually kind of out of character for you. Everyone has a set of beliefs. You're a troll account because of the types of antagonistic and inflammatory posts and threads you make. But you're less interesting because you don't have a clever gimmick.

No, that one was actually kind of out of character for you. Everyone has a set of beliefs. You're a troll account because of the types of antagonistic and inflammatory posts and threads you make. But you're less interesting because you don't have a clever gimmick.

I didn't mean to upset anyone or cause any flaming with my competition thread at all. You may delete it if you think that it was inappropriate. My questions in that thread have pretty much been answered anyway.

I didn't say that, but I will say that it's no coincidence that the more we, as a society, move farther away from morality and objective truth and fully delve into sexual deviance, violence, amorality/moral relativism, regressive thinking and acceptance of barbarity, the more desensitized we all, as a society, become (especially the kids growing up in this environment and way of thinking), the more we keep hearing stories on the news about kids getting gunned down in school, and the more we keep hearing rape stories like these unfortunately. We risk losing being able to call ourselves a civilization.

It's almost like you're too dumb to realize some of the greatest atrocities mankind has ever seen predate modern secularism and were often intertwined with religion.

Troll or ignorant, you are not worth my time.

I always found it funny how it is the peoples in the first world will be the first one to cry out first about how society is "falling apart". I'm sorry, but you havent seen the worst that modern civilizations have to offer. And i was born and grow up in a third world country and trust me, you guys have it easy.

Sorry to derail thread. Back to topic now.

It's almost like you're too dumb to realize some of the greatest atrocities mankind has ever seen predate modern secularism and were often intertwined with religion.

A lot of these atrocities you hear are history revisionism, first of all. Secondly, those who claim to be religious and commit atrocities are obviously not following their religion properly and don't represent that religion as a whole (that goes for any group, wherever there are people there are bound to be mistakes, it doesn't mean they're all bad). Thirdly, I suppose Stalin and atheistic Russia were motivated by religion to commit heinous acts :rolleyes:

I always found it funny how it is the peoples in the first world will be the first one to cry out first about how society is "falling apart". I'm sorry, but you havent seen the worst that modern civilizations have to offer. And i was born and grow up in a third world country and trust me, you guys have it easy.

Our society hasn't quite fallen entirely apart. It isn't until more recently that desensitization is starting to occur, but we can see the path we're headed if we keep this up. We should be learning from third world societies on what not to do, and I think in my initial post my words reflect this as did another poster whom I quoted who stated he would not like to live in a society that castrates criminals just as much as he wouldn't like to live in a society of rapists - it's barbaric and we shouldn't handle things like a third world country.

Our society hasn't quite fallen entirely apart. It isn't until more recently that desensitization is starting to occur, but we can see the path we're headed if we keep this up. We should be learning from third world societies on what not to do, and I think in my initial post my words reflect this as did another poster whom I quoted who stated he would not like to live in a society that castrates criminals just as much as he wouldn't like to live in a society of rapists - it's barbaric and we shouldn't handle things like a third world country.

Sorry to derail thread again. But that's an interesting reply that i think warranted a reply, even if he is a troll.

And i disagree on the notion that society is heading down that road. The more things change the more they stay the same. Civillizations and society are just gonna be where it at now in the future: the same place it had been more the last hundred years.

Feel free to continue to debate about this though via PM. Let's not derail this thread further.

Difeco, you are seriously unwell.
Lloyd-Irvin would be a convicted rapist had it not been for the fact he couldn't get his dick hard. If Keenan didnt know that before joining the team and does now no reasonable person could fault him for not wanting to be involved with some one like that.
A team mate of Keenan's was raped and the first thing their coach did was use it as an opportunity to pedal anti-rape instructionals do you not find that vile?

Seriously some absolutely heinous acts have been perpetrated, and similar such acts uncovered and you want to take issue with a father asking his son to distance him self from such people what is fucking wrong with you, I would much rather support a "creonte" than a rapist and yes, Lloyd Irvin him self may not be a rapist but he is at the least a sick son of a bitch and if you can not see how in light of recent events his students would be justified in leaving then you are fucking retarded.

Yeah right, I'm a sick bastard who support rapists...c'mon man give it a break

I don't care about Lloyd's marketing or anything that is not 'Lloyd-Keenan' related. Can't you guys follow that? The rape situation that happened with Lloyd it's a decent reason for Keenan to leave, and I believe that it's the ONLY one...What I just said is that he shouldn't.
And that's my OPINION, this doesn't have to make you feel offended. Therefore there's no need to call me a retarded...stop being a kid.
I'm not offending you or any of your morals.

It's up to Keenan if he does or doesn't. He shouldn't be judged as a 'creonte' if he does. I think that's the point.

There is nothing wrong with leaving any training situation when you realize that your head instructor was involved (even if acquitted) in a gang rape.

Back