Keenan vs. Lister

GKY

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one is talking about this. Lister just got tapped again by Keenan. Last time Lister got tapped it started an entire catch wrestling resurgence, so it's kind of weird that no one seems to care.

[YT]gdAY9Bhu14U[/YT]

Very impressive by Keenan. Dude is an animal. His kimura grip was very nice!

Lister still partying hard I assume?

I forgot how young Keenan is. 22, lol. What a talent.

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. Lister just got tapped again by Keenan. Last time Lister got tapped it started an entire catch wrestling resurgence, so it's kind of weird that no one seems to care.

Jiu Jitsu guys aren't nearly as desperate for validation ;)

lol at "entire catch wrestling ressurgence"...

it led to a few forum threads and that's about it

Probably because Keenan is an extremely high level BB and so it comes to no ones surprise.. If Lister submitted Keenan maybe would be a different story.. not knocking Lister but Keenan is young and a beast on the mat

Keenan is awesome and lister was a late replacement. It was a awesome sub tho.

Edit: also the tonon vs held match was awesome

No one really gave Barnett the time of day, that's why people blew up when he won.

Keenan is already a 'known element', so to speak. Him winning big is expectable.

No one really gave Barnett the time of day, that's why people blew up when he won.

Keenan is already a 'known element', so to speak. Him winning big is expectable.

no one i know had Lister as the clear favorite. no bjj guys were talking crap.

Catch wrestlers just claim any little victory to show their fake sense of superiority.

That kimura counter to the armdrag single was just exquisite. I love the characteristic modern disengagement of the legs after the kimura grip is taken, rather than trying to play kimura from a classic guard context ... an inverted, crucifix type control being used instead. Keenan showed a goddamn masterclass on countering the single leg with the kimura there.

Nice leglock attack from Dean.

Loved that double by Keenan, hitting a double on Lister not so easy!

no one i know had Lister as the clear favorite. no bjj guys were talking crap.

Catch wrestlers just claim any little victory to show their fake sense of superiority.

Yeah I remember thinking forsure the match would go to a draw before it happend. I was wrong but still I wasn't thinking lister was gonna tap josh

[YT]gdAY9Bhu14U[/YT]

Contrast of expectations. Not a lot of people expected Barnett to be able to hang, so when he completely dominated, there was a "shit maybe we need to look at what he's doing". Keenan just did what he did last time, but better. Keenan straight killing dudes is the default right now.

Great match. Lister looked a little sluggish to me, age and wear&tear i guess. Keenan is a beast.

Great match. Lister looked a little sluggish to me, age and wear&tear i guess. Keenan is a beast.

You can see the difference in natural size. Lister is around 40 pounds heavier than probably his natural best weight. Keenan is right on his natural best weight. As the match drags on, the guy at his natural weight gains an ever increasing physical advantage.

Ma once told me, best advice her mother in law ever gave her was: 'don't get old'.

I blame cardio.

Age will kill you. #truestory

Age, drinking heavily, carrying a ton of extra muscle, and not doing enough cardio, in Lister's case, will indeed kill you.

Just as it's probably killing me. :icon_cry2

Awesome match. Keenan was so sure he had the triangle that he let go of that arm, which seemed to me to be the clear path to submission.

Keenan is awesome and lister was a late replacement. It was a awesome sub tho.

Edit: also the tonon vs held match was awesome

Lister was on the card already, just switched opponents. Keenan said he did 0 no-gi for prep so it probably affected him more.

Last edited:
Back