Keanu Reeves training with Machado bros (no pic)

TX Fighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Keanu Reeves has been training with all 5 Machado brothers! Check out the pics on instagram, under Keanu or any of the Machado brothers.

Always been a fan. Awesome stories about Keanu giving millions away to others. Met him in 2009.

Also, the Machado brothers are bjj legends.

There's a lot of BJJ in his John Wick movie, and they just filmed a second.... so yeah..

John wick is one of the most entertaining movies ever. If anyone has not seen it yet, go see it now

Lots of grappling, action and entertainment

Carlos Machado is my teacher, I love training under him. So those pics were pretty cool to see.

There's a lot of BJJ in his John Wick movie, and they just filmed a second.... so yeah..

More so Sambo/Judo for Wick (saw the trailers of him training and speaking of it in movie theater), Perkins was the BJJ sloooot. Though it was a nice modified peruvian necktie against Daniel Barnhardt (sp?).
I hope the second one is a prequel rather than a sequel. I can't see anything exciting for his future, just his past.

john_wick3.gif

JohnWick-Trailer-BarShootout-05-400-sg.gif

john-wick-martial-arts.gif

No doubt he will be purple belt within a few months like the rest of their 'celebrity' clients. But I'm sure he will every bit as legit as Rigan Machado who claims he was unbeaten in 13 years of BJJ competition.

No doubt he will be purple belt within a few months like the rest of their 'celebrity' clients. But I'm sure he will every bit as legit as Rigan Machado who claims he was unbeaten in 13 years of BJJ competition.

4_zpsgesmaedc.gif

A lot of bitching and crying about celebrities training with high level guys. What's the big deal? Who is getting gifted belts? The only recent promotion that comes to mind is Anthony Bourdain and he's been training for a while now. Anyone I'm missing? Most recently I saw some random ass white belt shitting on Keanu over IG which was funny to me because the guy is a 3.5 year white belt...really bro? Then Rikki Rockett posts and said wb is all over his jock. LOL

He had it uploaded to his brain along with drunken kung fu before the training scene in The Matrix. F***king cheating if you ask me.

I think there's a difference between learning and training. You can learn BJJ but not train BJJ. My guess is that these celebs learn BJJ.

Boscoo - is this an alternate troll account? I can't think of one movie star/celebrity that has been gifted belts from the Machados. Ashton Kutscher has been training forever, and just got his purple. Joe Rogan only got his black belt in the last few years (from Jean Jacques I believe), and he had been training for a long time as well.

Anthony Bourdain has also been training forever, and just got his blue (not from Machados).

I've been training with Carlos for 5.5 years, and I'm still a blue.

So piss off, boscoo.

props to Keanu for taking up jiu jitsu. From that pic, it looks like he had a good training session.

I have a lot of respect for people who train jiu jitsu. To get the most out of it, it really requires you to leave you your ego at the door (which is what Carlos always says). And you have to "fight" each day you train.

By far my favorite martial art. As a long time blue, I especially have a lot of respect for those that have made it to the upper belts. That's a lot of dedication and perseverance.

Keanu is hands down the best guy in Hollywood. He is literally the nicest person in the world.

Hope he sticks with it and he can be an ambassador for BJJ. Also Man of Tai-Chi was awesome so hoping he will make Man of BJJ

He was training with Yves Edwards last week

cool pic. Do you know where it was taken? It's funny with the Keanu posters in the background.

I agree with the comment that Keanu may be one of the nicest Hollywood actors out there. You never hear him getting in trouble in the tabloids.

I am making up numbers since I don't feel like looking it up now, but he made ~$110MM from the Matrix movies, and gave back ~$80MM to the people who worked on the movie (stunt people, staff, etc.). When asked why, he said something to the effect of "A while back, I had already made more money than I need for several lives. I don't need that money, and wanted to share it with others." I heard he also gives a lot to various charities anonymously, and he doesn't care to take credit for large donations.

He also seems cool enough to only work on movies he wants to do (regardless of whether or not the movies are stupid, not mainstream enough, etc.). For instance, Man of Tai Chi was awesome. How many Hollywood stars would be willing to make a movie like that?

I met him back in 2009. I always try to be respectful of celebrities and leave them be. I had to take a pic with Keanu though (he's been a long time favorite of mine), and he was happy to take a pic with me and chat with a few other fans.

Just seems to be a really cool, good guy.

John Wick was an amazing movie. I loved every second of that fucking thing.

He looks to be in good shape for a 50-year-old guy.

John Wick was a decent movie, but I didn't think there was as much BJJ/judo as F12 indicated. Just a whole lot of bullets. It might have been the most violent movie I've ever seen.

He looks to be in good shape for a 50-year-old guy.

John Wick was a decent movie, but I didn't think there was as much BJJ/judo as F12 indicated. Just a whole lot of bullets. It might have been the most violent movie I've ever seen.

I guess you are right. Definitely primarily guns (as his weapon), but it was neat to see BJJ and Judo thrown in during most of the action sequences (and much more than I can remember in any other non-martial arts movie).

He definitely used BJJ/Judo in most scenes. But for those who haven't seen it yet, please don't expect this to be a BJJ/Judo focused action movie. It's about a former hitman who kills with guns.

With that said, as violent as it is, it wasn't "turn your head away gory" by any means (not even close).

Must see movie in my opinion. 90 minute joy ride.

Back