KBK 2: Kimura->Backtake->Inverte Triangle

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
[YT]_j9dCqDOXUM[/YT]

In the Gi I reach for the cross collar and get a Bow 'n Arrow or Half-Nelson choke instead of siting him up with the neck crank.

Last edited:
As much as I wanted to be snarky, that's pretty cool. Can you do that from when you have their bottom arm trapped with your shin? That's usually how I try to do the teabag kimura. And I would have my knee (left one in the vid) posted up against them to prevent getting the back flat on the mat

Yeah. Depending on how he sits up, or if he keeps his elbow tight and I'm not able to step my leg over, I will indeed post my leg behind him (the same leg I'm trying to step over his arm in the video) and work for the short choke or bow n arrow/other Gi chokes. I want to keep the leg that's on the same side of the Kimura free to be able to move around for either the inverted triangle, or a regular hook.

The neck crank keeps him from turning to his right, and the force of me pulling his entangled arm away from his body with my kimura grip keeps him from turning to his left; posting the leg behind him or stepping it over his arm stops him from being able to get his back to the mat. It's a really nasty and helpless spot for him to be in if you line it up right.

Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:
pretty cool, Are you gonna release a longer version? Btw, digging the stone cold rash guard.

pretty cool, Are you gonna release a longer version? Btw, digging the stone cold rash guard.

Thanks! Yes! This is just a preview of the techniques, I will upload the full version with step by step instruction later...this was right before class started and I couldn't get my words right, so I just showed the move instead of explaining it.

The DWL is the way, truth, and light.

All subs are possible beginning from its path.

Nice vid. All my secret kimura moves keep ending up being done by you on video, so I'm sad, but also happy.

All my secret kimura moves keep ending up being done by you on video, so I'm sad, but also happy.

Sorry bro. But thanks for the kind words, too!

This is such a badass technique. You may have converted me to the church of Kimura! I have been meaning to try develop one for a while.

Also +1 on cool points for the Stone Cold rash guard!

Thnaks guys! I'm uploading the full length version right now, so I'll post it in here laterrrrrr.

Hmm is it hard to hook the arm with the leg like that? Like, against a wrestler or a bulky opponent do you feel it's high-percentage? Because I'd be afraid of losing position if I didn't hook the arm

@ 0:08 your partner helps you to move your foot under his armpit. I suspect mine is going to hold arms together with a dead grip to prevent kimura or straight armbar.

What makes your partner to release the grip?

Hmm is it hard to hook the arm with the leg like that? Like, against a wrestler or a bulky opponent do you feel it's high-percentage? Because I'd be afraid of losing position if I didn't hook the arm

It's not too hard. Lots of our guys have been hitting this lately in sparring.
But, if you sit them up and don't feel safe throwing the leg over, you can always simply go for your regular back control hooks.

You can also sit them up and then post that same leg up behind their back- not as strong, but it still prevents them from sliding back onto the mat, and gives you time to work the short choke, or Gi choke of your choice. I'll show the Gi variations later.

Here's the longer version:
[YT]kdBrJF5LeLs[/YT]

Lol, I WISH the cameras where rolling last night when I was teaching this to my class- I did everything like, infinitely slicker, even he guys in the class who had seen the video said so lol.

Will probably redo it tomorrow in class, with some butterfly goodness mixed in and I'll show the Gi choke options as well. So yeah, look for an updated and expanded version with butterfly sweeps and gi chokes sooooon.

Last edited:
I like kimura to side triangle, but thanks for showing me another way.

Back