Kazushi Sakuraba:the greatest fighter that was never a champion!

lol

says sakuraba is one dimensional, but trashes on him for fighting one dimensional guys? come on

And yes, some guys are fighters, adrenaline junkies that don't know when to stop. He should have stopped way before , but he kept going. Has my respect

Saku has stated he would have liked to die in the ring, in Japanese culture it is considered an honour to your family to die on the battlefield.

LOL @ you shertards talking one-dimensional.
Most fighters today are one dimensional.
Conor = strike, strike, strike
Ronda = armbar, armbar, armbar,
Adesanya = strike, strike, strike
Khabib = dryhump, dryhump, dryhump
Holloway = strike, strike, strike
Ngannou = strike, strike, strike
Cyril Gane = strike, strike, strike

Props to Sakuraba! His fights were amazing to watch.

You forgot Derrick Lewis

Never got to see him fight live but got to watch him be inducted into the HOF live so, I'll always have that.

Sakuraba was probably the fighter that got me interested in MMA. I had seen some fights n cards before him n was a casual. Threw on the Pride legacy collection things that had Events 1-5 in 1 box set, 6-10 in another. By the end of those I was hooked n some 17'ish years later, here we are.

Terrible striking
26:17 record
Good from 1996-2000 against 1 / seldom 2 dimensional guys
Got figured out in 2001
Never won against top competition again for 14 years and got finished 13 times

<Deported1>

saku-rickson1.jpg

Real recognize real.
Man I wish they fought
Like I really wish they fought
It still bothers me to this day almost 20 years later that it never happened :(

Sakuraba, along with Fedor, is the reason why I got into Pride. He's had some classic battles with Allan Goes, Vernon White, Renzo Gracie, etc. But I thought his fight against Royce did drag on a bit, with not much going on during their 90-minute fight.

how was it phony? seemed like a good win for saku

It was phony because Shamrock was obviously not out, probably not incapacitated either. He ate a strong punch, that's all. Imagine if every fight were stopped when that happened!

Well sherdoggies will say he’s bad as he has losses while eagerly waiting a championship cage fight between two ladies named Valentina and Lauren…

Mma is truly at its pinnacle.

Terrible striking
26:17 record
Good from 1996-2000 against 1 / seldom 2 dimensional guys
Got figured out in 2001
Never won against top competition again for 14 years and got finished 13 times
The revisionist history is strong here and going to fight finder only does that. You understand he was a natural 185lber, entering fights around that weight and upwards of almost 200lbs.

After running roughshod, Pride put him against huge men. We are talking guys like guys well above 210-230lbs in Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson (whom he beat), Mirko Cro Cop, Kevin Randleman (whom he beat), Lil Nog, and Arona.

But yes, be that one guy...

A total legend. He did what he did with barely any striking.

I wish more fighters were like Saku. No fucks given, anytime, anywhere fighter.

It was phony because Shamrock was obviously not out, probably not incapacitated either. He ate a strong punch, that's all. Imagine if every fight were stopped when that happened!

yeah i see what your saying, you could consider it a bad stoppage but its not like saku cheated him or something.

Back