Kazushi Sakuraba:the greatest fighter that was never a champion!

There is no doubt he is an MMA legend, but why is he in the UFC HOF? He has 2 fights and 1 win in UFC. If that's enough to get you in the HOF, the UFC HOF is going to have a lot of inductees!
I see your point, fucking UFC bought the pride and kill it, maybe this is why lol.

He's one of the few true p4p legends. Took on all comers and fought often as the face of Pride. Showed his form of grappling was better than Gracie's. The giant slaying, Gracie Hunting and being their Japanese Hero was his career. Also fought too long. Tough to stop with that kind of revere. Could carry the biggest fight promotion in the world on his back. Most would fold under pressure. Yakuza in the stands.

There is no doubt he is an MMA legend, but why is he in the UFC HOF? He has 2 fights and 1 win in UFC. If that's enough to get you in the HOF, the UFC HOF is going to have a lot of inductees!
Charles "mask" Lewis is in the UFC hall of fame, if he is in Sakuraba deserves a spot in it. If people want to get pissy the UFC could have sub section for Pioneers of the sport or greats of MMA and put some none UFC guys in it but Sakuraba did fight in the UFC. Imagine a prime 170 Sakuraba versus a prime 170 Matt Hughes. That would have been a real barn burner.

Terrible striking
26:17 record
Good from 1996-2000 against 1 / seldom 2 dimensional guys
Got figured out in 2001
Never won against top competition again for 14 years and got finished 13 times

<JerryWWF>

<3><DisgustingHHH><3>

Never a champion?!
SHOW SOME DAMN RESPECT TO THE SAKU BELT!

Sakuraba-5-r50-750x500.jpg

You say that to laud or discredit him?? It was the most phony KO I've ever seen.
there's a lot of Ken Shamrock TKOs like that, the way he turtles up makes refs call it when he's clearly not out. I have a theory that he has some of the worst luck when it comes to early stoppages.

LOL @ you shertards talking one-dimensional.
Most fighters today are one dimensional.
Conor = strike, strike, strike
Ronda = armbar, armbar, armbar,
Adesanya = strike, strike, strike
Khabib = dryhump, dryhump, dryhump
Holloway = strike, strike, strike
Ngannou = strike, strike, strike
Cyril Gane = strike, strike, strike

Props to Sakuraba! His fights were amazing to watch.

I believe he was the first UFC heavyweight champion from Japan when he won that tournament back in the 90's. He is also in the UFC Hall Of Fame.

If I recall correctly....

Didn't the Gracies invite him to Brazil to train and just GAVE him a Black Belt because they were like "Yeah... You're already there...."

Back