Kaynan stripped of Ibjjf title

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Busted for PEDs

22-year-old Duarte tested positive for ostarine, a substance that is described by USADA as “a non-Specified Substance in the class of Anabolic Agents“. It is prohibited at all times under the World Anti-Doping Code and the standard USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing, the same standard applied to the 2019 IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships. Kaynan is the 7th BJJ athlete to be caught by the anti-doping agency since testing started back in 2013. The previously banned athletes being: Braulio Estima, Gabi Garcia, Felipe Pena, Paulo Miyao, Leo Nogueira and Tayane Porfirio

<Cage33>

No surprising. Dude looked like a prime mark kerr.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

There's a reason why certain guys don't make the move to the Gi.

ADCC Bless (for their lack of testing - if you're in to that).

I might test positive for HGH after looking at his jaw on Google images.

Now they need to bust gordan Ryan.

He does. He won nogi world's ibjff

I think the only reason he did that was to prove he could, to attempt to silence the haters or whatever. I doubt you'll see him there again- he's getting paid.

The tournaments and superfights he competes in not only don't test- I doubt there's rules against. You basically have to do them to be on even ground. He responded to a post saying he wishes they would test in ADCC.
It's not like he uses a ton of strength, he seems to just want a somewhat even playing field.

It's not like he uses a ton of strength, he seems to just want a somewhat even playing field.
Being roided out helps with the stuff he does. A lot of what he is does isn't some mind bending wizardy but simple moves executed well.

If you are huge you fight other huge guys who for the large part aren't super technical and you can outsize the more technical people in the absolute.

Being roided out helps with the stuff he does. A lot of what he is does isn't some mind bending wizardy but simple moves executed well.

If you are huge you fight other huge guys who for the large part aren't super technical and you can outsize the more technical people in the absolute.

Exactly- I've read that he felt overpowered against Pena in their 1st match and started on whatever program he's on after that. Pena has failed tests in the IBJJF before.

I rewatched the match not long ago and theres stuff Pena just powers right out of. He had a very good shoulder pinch armbar/sweep set up like the one he did on Buchecha at ADCC and Pena shook it off like it was nothing.

If he really wanted to be the #1 guy, which he clearly did, he didn't have much choice.

I think the only reason he did that was to prove he could, to attempt to silence the haters or whatever. I doubt you'll see him there again- he's getting paid.

The tournaments and superfights he competes in not only don't test- I doubt there's rules against. You basically have to do them to be on even ground. He responded to a post saying he wishes they would test in ADCC.

Are you implying that Ryan doesn't juice himself? If so, I don't know what to tell you lol

Ugh. This "tainted supplement" crap has made its way outside of MMA now?

Are you implying that Ryan doesn't juice himself? If so, I don't know what to tell you lol

I'm not implying that-. I don't care if he does or not. The stuff he competes in doesn't have rules against it.
He's competing on a fairly even playing field.

He competed at 2 IBJJF tournaments, if he hadn't people would say he couldn't win under that ruleset.

He's getting paid like 20k per match now, I don't think he'll be doing IBJJF anymore. I'm sure he could pass their test if necessary, they aren't random.

Back