Kayla Mueller was repeatedly raped by Al-Baghdadi before her execution

Well, it seems she was killed in an airstrike by Jordan. My take is that maybe they feel this info will help the family not harbor any ill feelings to Jordan since unintentional death could be seen as almost merciful considering she was being "raped and tortured constantly."

It paints a different picture than what she wrote in the letter to her parents about being "kept safe", "treated well" and "even put on some weight". The letter to her parents was obviously censored to hell and back by Isis, like all of their victim made propaganda.

Stockholm syndrome most likely, and if she became Badghadi prime imported girl i guess she was treated well... for a sex slave that is.

Why people put themselves in these kind of positions, I'll never know. This is like those Korean missionaries in Afghanistan: It just seems so stupid.

I wonder if she had really thought about what could happen to her in a "war-ravaged country." and how her fate would forever affect her family.

I'm annoyed at my own self for feeling sorry for her.

She probably thought it would had been the same as her work in Palestine, big mistake.

Captives of both sexes are likely raped repeatedly. Under Bush the US Government trumped up the story about Jessica Lynch - when in reality she was repeatedly raped and beaten by her captors.

There is no likely, the male POWs got their asses tore up literally. For some reason it wasn't released when it would have shown the shittyness of being in Muslim hands. To add to Lynch, she got her ass ripped up to the point of needing surgery IIRC

Dumb bastards going over there because they want to save the world then they realize that the world doesn't care about them...Sorry, some people need to learn the hard way that the world is a very fucked up place.

Agreed. There's many more places these Doctors Without Borders could go to than the middle east. The locals don't even help the west. They just stay silent and let the fighting happen.

Even if they aren't terrorists or sympathisers they still don't cooperate with western workers/soldiers.
Go to Africa, Asia or South America. Those locals are begging for help & health care.

There is no likely, the male POWs got their asses tore up literally. For some reason it wasn't released when it would have shown the shittyness of being in Muslim hands. To add to Lynch, she got her ass ripped up to the point of needing surgery IIRC

They were captured by Saddam forces, not islamists. Was Bergdahl raped?

I think Saddam security forces are a special kind of depraved, ISIS being formed by them is probably why they are heads and shoulders above the competition.

Hopefully he will die a long, slow painful death from his injuries.:icon_twis

All ISIS need to die by slow torture. These are the vilest POS on this earth. But al Baghdadi need special treatment, some medieval torture device.

Well, it seems she was killed in an airstrike by Jordan. My take is that maybe they feel this info will help the family not harbor any ill feelings to Jordan since unintentional death could be seen as almost merciful considering she was being "raped and tortured constantly."

It paints a different picture than what she wrote in the letter to her parents about being "kept safe", "treated well" and "even put on some weight". The letter to her parents was obviously censored to hell and back by Isis, like all of their victim made propaganda.

The initial story was that she was killed during an air strike, but it's believed that she was actually executed.

I'm skeptical Al-Baghdadi himself raped her. Seems like a play on people's emotions to drum up support for more boots on the ground.

He'll get popped a new asshole in the forehead by an American one day. Or blown to bits by a JDAM Of this I have no doubt. All of those fucks are less than slime.

He'll get popped a new asshole in the forehead by an American one day. Or blown to bits by a JDAM Of this I have no doubt. All of those fucks are less than slime.

Well there are solid rumours that he has been crippled by an airstrike, which is fine by me, vaporization by a JDAM seems like too good a death for him.

Would rather have him live crippled and hiding for a few years before getting killed.

And that's the difference between the West and ISIS: they are still operating under a Medieval mind set. There is not a single First World Nation who would allow it's Military to carry out rape, torture and murder on the scale of ISIS. Yes, there will always be isolated incidents by individuals or even groups. But if they are found out they are usually punished. Not rewarded and told they are following, "God's will".

It happened in WWII on a Mass scale. Whether it was sanctioned or not, the West put Isis to shame on that front.

Dumb bastards going over there because they want to save the world then they realize that the world doesn't care about them...Sorry, some people need to learn the hard way that the world is a very fucked up place.

Agreed.

it's not learning asshole, it's dying

This story is truly heart breaking. It's depressing to know this woman went out into the world with the best of intentions, and was subjected to such cruel treatment. I wish the government officials had spared her parents from these details, as they must be inconsolable.

As many others have said; this is not surprising. I would have been more surprised if we learned she hadn't been touched.

Im

Well, I could have done without reading this thread. It's getting harder and harder not to sympathize with the nuts who just want to clean that area out.

It happened in WWII on a Mass scale. Whether it was sanctioned or not, the West put Isis to shame on that front.

Oh, so it happened in WW2, that's alright then...honestly, people like you who point towards other bad behaviour in these situations disgust me

wow, this is really sad en sickening
didn't know this was such a big problem in the US

Yeah, I was shocked when it came out too. The issue of sexual assault within the US Military is a massive and horrendous state-of-affairs.

This story is truly heart breaking. It's depressing to know this woman went out into the world with the best of intentions, and was subjected to such cruel treatment. I wish the government officials had spared her parents from these details, as they must be inconsolable.

I disagree. I feel as if it's important that this type of stuff gets out. People in the U.S. tend to live in their own happy little bubble where insignificant issues are the biggest problems. This helps people see that the world isn't all rainbows and fairy dust and that there are genuinely fucked up people out there.

Perhaps this story will act as a deterrent for the next little girl that dreams of growing up and putting herself in the middle of an insane conflict.

Back