Kayla Harrison vs. Jozette Cotton at Titan FC 66 (CANCELED)

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Kayla Harrison made it clear she wanted a second fight before the year ended, and that’s what she’s getting.

Harrison, the 2019 PFL women’s lightweight champion, is set to fight Jozette Cotton on Dec. 17 at Titan FC 66 in Miami.

A person with knowledge of the matchup informed MMA Junkie of the booking. ESPN was the first to report the booking Monday.

I hope Tim Elliot doesn't get his panties in a bunch over this

This actually a rematch... Kayla fought this chick (pictured below) in her 2nd MMA fight in 2018. Which was the last time Jozette fought.
20141018114409_827Q1294.JPG

Horrible fight! And this girl is not making 145 any time soon
Harrison was calling for 150, not 1e5. Most likely they’ll fight at lightweight, where they fought previously.

They couldnt get your typicall soccer mom for this fight? They had to get an out of shape, semi-rertired one?

Immediately after her last fight in (whatever organization) I thought Harrison said she wants to fight (number one contender in that same organization) and then go back and be in the tournament for (another organization that has some million dollar tournament that I think she won last year and wants to compete in next year or something). I thought after she won a million dollar tournament in (last organization) she then tried to sue (that last organization) for not letting her fight. Then that last organization let her fight in another organization where she fought and won and then asked for another fight in that same organization.

If anyone can clarify please do. I've lost track.

Immediately after her last fight in (whatever organization) I thought Harrison said she wants to fight (number one contender in that same organization) and then go back and be in the tournament for (another organization that has some million dollar tournament that I think she won last year and wants to compete in next year or something). I thought after she won a million dollar tournament in (last organization) she then tried to sue (that last organization) for not letting her fight. Then that last organization let her fight in another organization where she fought and won and then asked for another fight in that same organization.

If anyone can clarify please do. I've lost track.

Sounds about right, but then she said she wanted another fight this year, which that other organization isn't doing, but this third organization was putting on a show,, so here she is.

Given the second organization's policy of allowing it's fighters to take matches anywhere, I'm surprised that the 209 girl isn't getting a crack. She accused Kayla of taking the soft option in her last outing.

Sounds about right, but then she said she wanted another fight this year, which that other organization isn't doing, but this third organization was putting on a show,, so here she is.

Given the second organization's policy of allowing it's fighters to take matches anywhere, I'm surprised that the 209 girl isn't getting a crack. She accused Kayla of taking the soft option in her last outing.

I think Kayla wins that fight, but I imagine she has to run fights she's taking past PFL and they might not want her fighting Chandler.

8-2 record. Hopefully that loss to Kayla 2 years ago had her working on her skills.

If Ed O'Neil was still doing the Al Bundy Character I can picture the fat jokes that would
come out of his mouth in regards to Jozette Cotton.

In all honesty Chelsea Chandler could have given Kayla Harrison problems since she is
not a complete walkover like Courtney King played the part of in fact she does better then
what her experience indicates.

If Ed O'Neil was still doing the Al Bundy Character I can picture the fat jokes that would
come out of his mouth in regards to Jozette Cotton.

In all honesty Chelsea Chandler could have given Kayla Harrison problems since she is
not a complete walkover like Courtney King played the part of in fact she does better then
what her experience indicates.
Funny how Chandler claims Harrison ducked her, yet when Harrison issued an open challenge for Titan, Chandler was nowhere to be found.

I wonder why Jozette Cotton has not had a MMA fight since she lost to Kayla Harrison in 2018? Apparently she had a boxing match in March of 2020. I thought Jozette Cotton would have been a great fit in the PFL Women's Lightweight division in 2019 and being 8-2, and being a Top 10 Women's Lightweight fighter, it would have been logical to sign her.

Funny how Chandler claims Harrison ducked her, yet when Harrison issued an open challenge for Titan, Chandler was nowhere to be found.

At the end of day Chelsea Chandler is holding the better hand since she is loyal to Invicta and therefore
is likely not to take a outside fight therefore making Kayla Harrision travel to Kansas to face her on the
closest thing she has to home turf since Invicta doesn't conduct events in California.

Back