News Kayla Harrison debuting at 145 in Invicta

Prestige usually. Noone outside of hardcores are gonna know who the Bellator champ was in ten years.
Pretty much. There’s a good chunk of hardcores that don’t even remember old Bellator champs like Brandon Halsey, Marcos Galvao, Christian M’Pumbu, and Attila Vegh. The sport is a cruel one that moves on quickly, especially in the B-League.

When Ben Askren is brought up, people talk about his UFC career, not his long winning streak in ONE and Bellator.

Then why didn’t she sign with the UFC? Nobody’s getting good money from UFC. You’re in lalaland.

What are you talking about?

On average UFC pays more than Bellator. Check the numbers.

2E922E49-A4DE-4644-95B9-BFC9AEB08303.jpeg 9FD7737A-8B56-42E4-868A-ADA3D4A6A9C3.jpeg

UFC, on average, pays more than every other MMA promotion in the world

The problem with Kayla Harrison is that the FW division will be nearly defunct in a couple of years. All name fighters at FW will be gone soon and the division will be done for. Cybrog is 35, will have cleaned out the division once she is done with Zingano, and planning on retiring soon. Holly Holm ia 38, GDR is 36, Julia Budd is 37, and even though Amanda Nunes is only 32 she has talked about retirement already. Plus, Amanda has already cleaned the division in the UFC, I mean they are having her fight Megan fucking Anderson.
Kayla Harrison is a good fighter for a soon to be defunct division. Plus, she is not really proven against legitimate opposition. Nunes, Holm, and Cybrog would wipe the floor with her for sure. Im not sure how much the UFC or Bellator would be willing to spend on her.

The problem with Kayla Harrison is that the FW division will be nearly defunct in a couple of years. All name fighters at FW will be gone soon and the division will be done for. Cybrog is 35, will have cleaned out the division once she is done with Zingano, and planning on retiring soon. Holly Holm ia 38, GDR is 36, Julia Budd is 37, and even though Amanda Nunes is only 32 she has talked about retirement already. Plus, Amanda has already cleaned the division in the UFC, I mean they are having her fight Megan fucking Anderson.
Kayla Harrison is a good fighter for a soon to be defunct division. Plus, she is not really proven against legitimate opposition. Nunes, Holm, and Cybrog would wipe the floor with her for sure. Im not sure how much the UFC or Bellator would be willing to spend on her.

I think they would be prepared to spend on Kayla personally. There aren't many opportunities to sign double Olympic gold medalists.

You don’t think new Featherweights will cone along to replace them?

I think they would be prepared to spend on Kayla personally. There aren't many opportunities to sign double Olympic gold medalists.
Yeah, I understand how she can be the new face of the FW division. She is an American and a double Olympic gold medalist. But she is making way too much money in the PFL, any promotion would really need to tap into their bank account to sign her. Plus, there isnt many legitimate fighters for her to beat to consolidate herself as a name. I mean she would have to beat Holly, GDR, or Amanda to cement herself as a force. And again, as much as i like her, she is still largely unproven.
I agree, she has the pedigree to be the new queen of the division but she doesnt have many fighters to be ruling over, not even if you combine the UFC's and Bellator's FW divisions. And this is assuming she would be dominant at FW, which at this point I think is too much of a stretch to say. Who is her best victory so far? I think it would be Larissa Pacheco. Its a bit of a stretch to say that she would beat Cyborg, Amanda, or Holly, for example.

I would like to think so but I dont see anyone currently at 145 that looks to be as dominant as Cybrog or Amanda in the future. I was a bit in the Julia Budd hype train but that didnt pan out too well, plus she is 37. Holly Holm and GDR would be good but they are also nearing the end of their careers. Hopefully, some young fighter comes along but 145 is just barren.

Yeah, I understand how she can be the new face of the FW division. She is an American and a double Olympic gold medalist. But she is making way too much money in the PFL, any promotion would really need to tap into their bank account to sign her. Plus, there isnt many legitimate fighters for her to beat to consolidate herself as a name. I mean she would have to beat Holly, GDR, or Amanda to cement herself as a force. And again, as much as i like her, she is still largely unproven.
I agree, she has the pedigree to be the new queen of the division but she doesnt have many fighters to be ruling over, not even if you combine the UFC's and Bellator's FW divisions. And this is assuming she would be dominant at FW, which at this point I think is too much of a stretch to say. Who is her best victory so far? I think it would be Larissa Pacheco. Its a bit of a stretch to say that she would beat Cyborg, Amanda, or Holly, for example.

Yeah a lot of it is potential with her really. Pacheco is her best win and if I'm being honest it was harder work than it should have been.

However, I do think she could compete with the girls in the UFC. If she could get a hold of GDR for example it's hard to see how she'd stay on her feet.

Not sure why you keep being up Holm and GDR as featherweights. Three total fights between them at the weight class. They’re not featherweights.

if they were going to, they would already be making waves by now.

Not sure why you keep being up Holm and GDR as featherweights. Three total fights between them at the weight class. They’re not featherweights.
Because FW is so thin that they have to rely on blown up BW. And because Holm and GDR are the only name fighters who would make the jump to FW, particularly considering they already fought for a title at FW.

Other fighters are being allowed to compete outside of PFL as well, just not in Bellator or UFC.

Seriously, if everyone took two minutes away from concocting conspiracy theories and did a bare minimum of searching, this would be known.

I'm not sure that was true say back in June or July. They just came out and said this recently. But that was after fighters starting going public and threaten lawsuits.

Last edited:
What are you talking about?

On average UFC pays more than Bellator. Check the numbers.

Bellator allow far more sponsor, UFC is Reebook or nothing.
Lima said that he is making in one Bellator fight what he could make in one year with the UFC.
There is some good investment in Bellator, and tournament cash prize are hight. Lima made 1 million against Rory in the rematch.

I'm not sure that was true say back in June or July. They just came out and said this recently. But that was after fighters starting going public and threaten lawsuits.
It wasn’t true then, it’s true now. Not much to it.

Back