News Kayla Harrison debuting at 145 in Invicta

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think this is interesting news as Invicta is a feeder for WMMA in the UFC. They are certainly desperate for new fighters at 145 to challenge Nunes.

Without a doubt Nunes could outstrike Kayla but wrestling and top control would be in Kayla's wheelhouse.

I believe this is actually her first time fighting at 145 (She fights typically at 155). Will be interesting to see how the weight cut impacts her (although given she's a double olympic gold medallist she knows how to cut weight).

she can make 145?

damn. i guess she got a lot smaller. weird that she'd wait this long to cut to a division that almost has a few people. 155 wmma was totally empty

My guess is this would be her audition for being able to make 145 before they build her up a title fight in the UFC.

Also surprised that PFL let her go. Maybe scrapping the women's side of it.

she can make 145?

damn. i guess she got a lot smaller. weird that she'd wait this long to cut to a division that almost has a few people. 155 wmma was totally empty

I suspect she wanted to get a few fights against scrubs to get a feel for what she'd need to improve on. Obviously her grappling is top notch but you have to get used to punching and being punched as well.

Her last fight was against a relative vet who fought a couple of times in the UFC. Pacheco had a win over Kaufman.

Harrison's rematch with her was a lot more dominant than the first go round.

I think that win gave her the confidence necessary to make the move to invicta.

Remember she only has 7 pro fights and no amateur bouts

My guess is this would be her audition for being able to make 145 before they build her up a title fight in the UFC.

Also surprised that PFL let her go. Maybe scrapping the women's side of it.
PFL posted it on their FB page. My theory is that they let her fight in Invicta so that she wouldn't sue them. Imagine if she loses. Lol they would have to scrap W155, which I'd be okay with. I'd rather see PFL Middleweight come back, bring on Louis Taylor.

PFL posted it on their FB page. My theory is that they let her fight in Invicta so that she wouldn't sue them. Imagine if she loses. Lol they would have to scrap W155, which I'd be okay with. I'd rather see PFL Middleweight come back, bring on Louis Taylor.
I was excited to see Louis Taylor keep going. The guy seems awesome and a good role model for the sport. Watching him make it to the finals of the tournament and collecting a million dollar payday with that awesome left hook KO was wicked. That hellacious combo he KO Anderson Goncalves with on the way up was excellent aswell. Taylor and O’Connel have been the highlights of PFL for me.. Pineda coming in and cleaning house was awesome aswell but that failed drug test though..

PFL haven't let her go, this is just to let her get a fight in.

She also trains with Nunes, so I'm not sure they'd even fight each other.

She’s a clown. Just sign with Bellator man. Why do these ppl insist on signing their lives over to fight in the UFC? Doesn’t make sense.

PFL is letting fighters find fights outside the promotion until the return. UFC and Bellator are the exception, however.

Yeah, I see the full story now. Funny how they let her do that but other fighters are talking lawsuit since PFL blocked them from doing it.

She’s a clown. Just sign with Bellator man. Why do these ppl insist on signing their lives over to fight in the UFC? Doesn’t make sense.

Prestige usually. Noone outside of hardcores are gonna know who the Bellator champ was in ten years.

Prestige usually. Noone outside of hardcores are gonna know who the Bellator champ was in ten years.
It just doesn’t make sense for her. Bellator would give her a great deal and they have a weight class for her with a legendary champ to beat. For her, it just doesn’t make sense to not sign with Bellator. Maybe she can get to the UFC but in a few years who knows where w145 will be in the UFC.

Why are people acting like this is her audition for UFC? PFL is letting her take this fight, she's the face of that org and is making millions winning tournaments there. This is probably a test to see if she can make the weight cause PFL will do a FW GP instead of LW cause its easier to find FW than LW. FW is a shallow div, look at UFC's nonexistent div and Bellators div aint good either but you can find girls easier than LW.

It has nothing to do with going to UFC, unless PFL went belly up she aint going to UFC anytime soon. Even if she did end up going there it would probably be a few years from now and Nunes would either have retired or lost and the div would be gone from UFC.

She's got a better chance fighting Cyborg in a co promote event than she does fighting Nunes.

Conspiracy theory time. Invicta is having Harrison drop down to 145, win this fight, then fight for the title after this. At the exact same time Nunes vs Anderson is off. Nunes and Harrison train together. Nunes is going to vacate the title and let Harrison take over in her absence. I’m teasing of course....unless :oops:o_O

It just doesn’t make sense for her. Bellator would give her a great deal and they have a weight class for her with a legendary champ to beat. For her, it just doesn’t make sense to not sign with Bellator. Maybe she can get to the UFC but in a few years who knows where w145 will be in the UFC.

Why would Bellator make more sense? If she were a free agent right now she could get a deal and go to Bellator and get a big fight with Cyborg. Then she'll fight Budd, Cat, Smith, Irish chick on CBS Sports with nobody watching and few people caring.

Or she could go to UFC, fight Nunes in a bigger fight on PPV and then you have same things Nunes/Cyborg had, piecing together fights.

After Nunes a fight with Holm is bigger than anything else in Bellator, you have Anderson, Spencer, GDR, Ladd etc. You're also fighting on PPV, ESPN, getting more exposure and if she's champ and making PPV points she's making more money.

So how would that not make sense for her?

Why would Bellator make more sense? If she were a free agent right now she could get a deal and go to Bellator and get a big fight with Cyborg. Then she'll fight Budd, Cat, Smith, Irish chick on CBS Sports with nobody watching and few people caring.

Or she could go to UFC, fight Nunes in a bigger fight on PPV and then you have same things Nunes/Cyborg had, piecing together fights.

After Nunes a fight with Holm is bigger than anything else in Bellator, you have Anderson, Spencer, GDR, Ladd etc. You're also fighting on PPV, ESPN, getting more exposure and if she's champ and making PPV points she's making more money.

So how would that not make sense for her?
Because she could sign with Bellator right now and get good money right now ... why wait? I don’t even watch wmma but I’m pretty sure you’re naming bantamweights lol there’s not even a division for her in the UFC

Because she could sign with Bellator right now and get good money right now ... why wait? I don’t even watch wmma but I’m pretty sure you’re naming bantamweights lol there’s not even a division for her in the UFC

She could get good money right now from UFC too. If she signed with UFC right now her first fight is gonna be vs Nunes for title, same as it would be if she signed with Bellator and fought Cyborg.

and I'm naming BW like Holm or GDR who have moved between divs, ok, whats lol about that? You mean like Leslie Smith and Cat etc who are just blown up BW in Bellator.

Who gives a shit? Fighting Holm or GDR is alot bigger and tougher than fighting Blencowe or Olga Rubin. or does that "mean" more cause they are "real FW"?

She could get good money right now from UFC too. If she signed with UFC right now her first fight is gonna be vs Nunes for title, same as it would be if she signed with Bellator and fought Cyborg.

and I'm naming BW like Holm or GDR who have moved between divs, ok, whats lol about that? You mean like Leslie Smith and Cat etc who are just blown up BW in Bellator.

Who gives a shit? Fighting Holm or GDR is alot bigger and tougher than fighting Blencowe or Olga Rubin. or does that "mean" more cause they are "real FW"?
Then why didn’t she sign with the UFC? Nobody’s getting good money from UFC. You’re in lalaland.

Then why didn’t she sign with the UFC? Nobody’s getting good money from UFC. You’re in lalaland.

She signed with PFL cause she was fighting at 155, thats why and nobody is getting good money from UFC? Jesus is this guy for real?

Yeah, I see the full story now. Funny how they let her do that but other fighters are talking lawsuit since PFL blocked them from doing it.

Other fighters are being allowed to compete outside of PFL as well, just not in Bellator or UFC.

Seriously, if everyone took two minutes away from concocting conspiracy theories and did a bare minimum of searching, this would be known.

Back