Kavanaugh says there'll be no excuses if conor loses

If someone asks you a question on where you felt you could've done better in the fight, it doesn't mean it's an excuse.

I don't agree with his comments about how Diaz was feeling during the fight. I don't see any list of excuses he made recently. As for not taking Diaz seriously, are you sure you don't mean he didn't say 'I didn't respect his durability and take him seriously'?

I'd gather from your username you lost some sort of wacky bet from the Aldo fight and it grated you the way he lost. I could only hope for your sake you're a young lad and you might learn to chill as you get older when your favourite fighter loses or a fighter you dislike wins. ;)

All he's been saying after the fight is how Nate is some sort of giant Goliath when in fact they're both natural LWs.

lol Didn't Kavanaugh just say that Conor wasn't healthy going into the Nate fight?

Now his fans in here acting like there was no excuses after the 1st fight.

Is he kidding or what? They even made excuses when he beat Chad.

I can't stand Conor McGregor, but I have to give him credit for taking on Diaz on 10 days notice. And his coach is right, if Conor loses this second fight, he has zero excuses. You've been "obsessed" with Diaz since the loss, so anything short of a KO will be lame.

Give Conor credit for taking Diaz in 10 days notice?! I think it should be the other way around. Conor's arrogance made him think he could win that fight...he was clearly wrong.

Give Conor credit for taking Diaz in 10 days notice?! I think it should be the other way around. Conor's arrogance made him think he could win that fight...he was clearly wrong.
I'm a Conor hater to the core, but Conor could've taken the safe bet and told people I'm not going to fight. But he gave an effort, even in defeat. There aren't a lot of fighters at the top of the food chain (with belts) who would do that. So far, I've counted Conor and DC.

I'm a Conor hater to the core, but Conor could've taken the safe bet and told people I'm not going to fight. But he gave an effort, even in defeat. There aren't a lot of fighters at the top of the food chain (with belts) who would do that. So far, I've counted Conor and DC.

i couldn't agree more. conor is my least favorite ufc fighter. can't stand the douche. buuuut you gotta give him mad props for stepping up and taking late opponent changes and how he actually comes to fight. i definitely respect him for that. but he's annoying as all hell.

jenniferlawrence2.gif

Oh, I'm betting there will be a TIDAL WAVE of excuses from his nut-huggers though, along with a tidal wave of tears / salt.
Hunto pre writing insane facebook posts to thwart any challenges to his king of the salt hill title.

he never made any excuses the first time so why would he the second time? (hes gonna win tho just entertaining your thread)
inefficient energy, fighting a bigger opponent yada yada....

Yeah right lol

They made excuses last time, and he fought a guy who wasn't even able to train.

His excuse last time "I wasn't efficient with my energy"
Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

I can't wait to see what the excuses are this time lol

I don't recall many excuses the first time.

apart from "WW is too big a division for Conor, we're going to stick to FW and LW now"

All he's been saying after the fight is how Nate is some sort of giant Goliath when in fact they're both natural LWs.

Well, he hasn't, really. Diaz does have a size advantage - the proof is in the pictures of when they stared down. You can still be in a weight class with a fighter who is bigger than you on fight night.

Same with Cerrone and Chiesa who are big LWs. You seen the fight yourself, I'm assuming, and how it played out
Conor gave Diaz his props in the cage afterwards, answered questions as to what went wrong from his point of view, hasn't done a lot of media apart from one press conference and the media call. I take it he should have handled the loss like Aldo did against him?

good. because he was the one making them.

Gassed is an excuse.

I'm a marathon runner.

Next race I run, I'm gonna bolt out to the front of the pack for the 1st KM.

After the race I'll say "Hey I was winning till I gassed"
Lmao. Great response.

Well, he hasn't, really. Diaz does have a size advantage - the proof is in the pictures of when they stared down. You can still be in a weight class with a fighter who is bigger than you on fight night.

Same with Cerrone and Chiesa who are big LWs. You seen the fight yourself, I'm assuming, and how it played out
Conor gave Diaz his props in the cage afterwards, answered questions as to what went wrong from his point of view, hasn't done a lot of media apart from one press conference and the media call. I take it he should have handled the loss like Aldo did against him?

Aldo has been flamed on Sherdog for having said there was no fight and that Conor got lucky.

Conor said his fight with Nate was a "pretend" fight and that Nate got lucky.

I won't get into the size excuse because at this point that's just trolling. Conor had a significant size advantage in his FW run by cutting obscene amounts of weight. Somehow Conor fans think a size advantage is only legitimate if it favors Conor.

Yeah, no excuses.

Until Conor runs out a pile of them... Again.

Back