Kavanagh wants McGregor to face Gaethje at 170

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
How does a WW fight count as LW? Has anybody been able to explain the logic here?

Timestamped:

Can't say shit if he beats Justin.

I will be impressed.

Bring on GayChee!

kavanagh - 'conor knows way more than all us coaches combined'

Listen to Kavanagh stumble through the logic. It still didn't make sense.

How does a WW fight count as LW? Has anybody been able to explain the logic here?

Timestamped:

It counts the same way as when a fighter missed weight and still moves up in their weight class with a win. Anyone who is a fan of the fighter will justify it, those who arent will be called haters and those who want there to be real rankings will just be ignored.

249 co main Conrad vs Gaethje, winner fights the winner of the main. If only they used logic..

It counts the same way as when a fighter missed weight and still moves up in their weight class with a win. Anyone who is a fan of the fighter will justify it, those who arent will be called haters and those who want there to be real rankings will just be ignored.

Well in that case, why doesn't every fighter just miss weight or negotiate enough leeway to fight in a different weight class? Since there is clearly no point in fighting within your weight class.

In fact, why do they even have weight classes?

I will be impressed.

Bring on GayChee!
Bruh it’s Conor. He’ll probably spark Justin’s cracked chin and then everybody will say Justin just took too much damage his entire career and was never a technical striker. Then they will post gifs of Justin getting finished by Porier and Alvarez, saying he never stood a chance against Conor.

Rinse and repeat.

Certified Masvidal and Usman duck.

I will be impressed.

Bring on GayChee!

Yeah only guys like Alvarez and poirier get past justin! Lol in all seriousness it's a tough fight I'll give credit where it's due if he wins. Dunno where this notion of gaethje being a world bearer comes from tho

249 co main Conrad vs Gaethje, winner fights the winner of the main. If only they used logic..
Doubt they'd want to put two big draw fights like that on a single card as they'd both be main event worthy. But who knows, maybe they're feeling wild.

I'm game for that fight in any division. The winner is a legit number one contender after Ferg of course.

Well in that case, why doesn't every fighter just miss weight or negotiate enough leeway to fight in a different weight class? Since there is clearly no point in fighting within your weight class.

In fact, why do they even have weight classes?
This has been one of the questions for some time. Since fans allow it to happen, it is now commonplace for rankings not to matter with fights in different weight classes or with fighters missing weight. Now it is becoming more common for fights fighting for belts coming off a loss. We have two championship fights coming up where the challenger is coming off two losses. Rankings have become meaningless and as it stands, it will only continue to deteriorate as long as fans of fighters keep giving it a pass because they like a fighter.

Back