Kattar Absorbed 445 Significant Strikes Today

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think too much is being made of Holloway's ability to throw punches

How about the ability to absorb punches ?

I haven't seen the breakdown on head and gut punches but you have to think conservatively that 2/3 was to the head which is nearly 300 blows

Holloway isn't a hard hitter but hits hard enough where getting hit 300 times has to hurt

How is he talking and eating like a normal human being after a beating like that ? I think most would need a straw. Kattar should take the year off

Last edited:
I think too much is being made of Holloway's ability to throw punches

How about the ability to absorb punches ?

I haven't seen the breakdown on head and gut punches but you have to think conservatively that 2/3 was to the head which is nearly 300 blows

Holloway isn't a hard hitter but hits hard enough where getting hit 300 times has to hurt

How is he talking and eating like a normal human being after a beating like that ? I think most would need a straw. Kattar should take the year off
I agree. I’m all for “let them bang” but that was excessive.

No shame in stopping it in between the 4th and the 5th. Kattar's toughness just made for a more entertaining asskicking.

It could/should have been stopped in 2 after the 2nd elbow had him trying to stop his brain from shaking. Max has FLW power.

Max gave him a reality check that indeed there's levels in this game. No doubt Kattar has the heart. I just hope he finds a way to fix the holes and improve his game the way Brian did after the Max beatdown. Agree he should take some time off and not rush back to get in there. Maybe come back late this year

I've heard of dudes in street fights getting killed or or made into vegetables with less than 20 blows

I know it's not exactly the same but he took over 200 shots to the face Lol

If only max didnt have the punching power of a 70 year old vietnamese grandma..

His corner shouldnt have let him come out after round 2.

The three extra rounds took tens of years from of solid brain function from Kattar. Idiots.
This. I knew herb was gonna let max ruin his career after he let kattar go back to his stool. No one would have complained if that fight was stopped.

Not a good look after Spencer Fisher's interview recently.

Honestly reading that changed my whole perspective on the sport, obviously I know about CTE after reading about Gary Goodridge, Aaron Hernandez and others, but that was a heartbreaking read.

Now I'm often wondering what guys like Reem, Arlovski, Hunto, Chuck and others are going to be like 15-20 years from now.

As much as he was hit, none of those punches were gonna be enough for him to fall. And if he was standing and functioning he was fighting, this wasn't a Gaethje Ferguson beating where it was bomb after bomb after bomb, albeit very more strikes.

The onus is on the corner for Kattar taking all that damage and is the reason I believe Ferguson fired his corner. They were responsible for that damage and should be held accountable by the man himself, shouldn't pay them another dime. Why send him out in the fifth? Why not stop it when he was against the fence eating 100 consecutive strikes? There should be a duty of care for these cornerman like boxing corners where the culture is the fighter can be too tough for their own good.

It was a lot of strikes but they weren't hard enough to put him out, same thing happened to Ortega. Mostly they are just rocked and wobbled from being hit so much but none of it is hard enough to put them out. Face gets busted up from the repeated strikes in the same area over and over again so that gets the swelling up and blood running from the nose and from cuts that open up.

Max lost to Dustin because Dustin can also box in the pocket but has more power. Power is Max's weakness when it comes to boxing exchanges. Punching power was the deciding factor in his fight with Dustin. If he can outbox you he'll win on volume. If you can keep up with his boxing but with more power, like Dustin, his boxing isn't as effective.\

That's why a rematch with Conor will still favor Conor because of his boxing skills and power. Kattar was able to hurt him a few times and it stopped Max's offense, Kattar just couldn't follow up on it. He wobbled Max's legs a few times but might not have realized the actual damage he was doing and he let Max get back into the fight. Same thing happened with Dustin, but Dustin was able to keep the pressure on.

Back