Katsidis still game for Marquez fight

McMurder

Blue Belt
Reaction score

At the end of the video she mentions that it appears Michael will still fight despite the loss of his brother Stathi(RIP).If he backed out I wouldn't blame him but all the props in the world for fighting on.

edit:

It appears we have conflicting reports.

Michael Katsidis' impending fight with Juan Manuel Marquez is off indefinitely following the death of his brother, Australian jockey Stathi Katsidis.

"Our concern is for Michael as a person, rather than boxing," David Itskowitch, an executive at Oscar De La Hoya's Los Angeles-based Golden Boy Promotions, told AAP.

"We want him to be OK and I don't know if he can be OK because he just lost his brother."

"Right now our concern is for Michael. Our concern is not for the fight.

"His well being is what is important."

Meanwhile Marquez has expressed his own sympathy towards his challenger through tweeter:-

"Our condolences to Michael Katsidis and his family. Let's all pray for his brother's soul," Marquez said.

Boxing News | Live Fight News | Boxing Results | stream | Up Coming Boxing | Khan | Pacquiao | Froch | Mayweather | Hatton

Last edited:
Did you get that last bit of info from boxing scene? Because there has been no official word on the fight being postponed whatsoever.

I hope they give Stathi Katsidis a 10 count before the fight.

Read in the paper this morning that the fight will go ahead as planned, michael will miss the funeral and continue to train in thailand as that would be what his brother would have wanted. Not sure where you got that first line from golden boy saying the fight is off indefinitely, I read that golden boy would be understanding if michael would want the fight postponed.

I'm a big fan of Michael Katsidis. I wish him all the best and hope he recovers from this tragic loss.

Anybody know where in Thailand hes training?

I'm a big fan of Michael Katsidis. I wish him all the best and hope he recovers from this tragic loss.

Anybody know where in Thailand hes training?

I read it was in pattaya, no mention of a specific gym though.

I read it was in pattaya, no mention of a specific gym though.

Here's a pic if anyone can recognize.

59976_160327187313694_136295246383555_535359_4024122_n.jpg

looks like a muay thai gym. gonna throw some elbows in the clinch against JMM? ha

Back