Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia added to UFC 244 in New York (November 2nd)

Eater of Souls

Guardian of the Gate
@Silver
Reaction score

The winner should be Shevchenko's next title challenger (my opinion only).

Chook not getting next shot @ Val?

Cujedo vs Valentina headlining MSG confirmed

Got to be a contenders fight surely. Thinking Maia should win this

I guess i'll re-post the same thing I posted in the WMMA section.

This is kind of a genius move by the UFC. Give Katlyn a home fight in NY(Makes her Happy). This will also put her out of time range for a title fight. Valentina says she wants to fight once more before the year is done and since she is the champ it will most likely happen. So that title fight would most likely be against Andrea vs JoJo winner. The winner of Katlyn vs Maia would then be the second title defense.

I want to be positive and say that I’m excited for this fight, but these are 2 decision machines who have both lost to Carmouche not too long ago.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy that the division is moving along, and that Valentina wants to stay active. I just wish that one of these contenders would really make a statement with a memorable performance.

LOL the Valentina interview with the nose she basically said all Kaitlyn does is pump fake for social media wanting to fight but then turns it down. And now she is fighting Maia

I want to be positive and say that I’m excited for this fight, but these are 2 decision machines who have both lost to Carmouche not too long ago.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy that the division is moving along, and that Valentina wants to stay active. I just wish that one of these contenders would really make a statement with a memorable performance.
i wish one of them will make a statement with a memorable performance too, hopefully as being left unconscious on the mat against Valentina

One fighter turns everything she touches into a snoozer. The other one pissed hot and just missed weight. I think I'll pass, honestly.

I wonder what the thinking is here? Chookagian was originally offered a title fight at Abu Dhabi but turned it down because it clashed with her wedding. Still she seemed confident she was getting the next shot after Carmouche.

Like Carmouche Katlyn has never come close to winning a bonus and the UFC can't afford another 125 title fight which leaves the paying customers hooting with derision. My guess they'll be told that the winner gets a shot but only if they show they can entertain as well as win. Who knows what they'll say to Val.

I guess i'll re-post the same thing I posted in the WMMA section.

This is kind of a genius move by the UFC. Give Katlyn a home fight in NY(Makes her Happy). This will also put her out of time range for a title fight. Valentina says she wants to fight once more before the year is done and since she is the champ it will most likely happen. So that title fight would most likely be against Andrea vs JoJo winner. The winner of Katlyn vs Maia would then be the second title defense.

Do you think Katlyn having previously been offered a title shot but having to turn it down might me she would get the shot if she won?

Ehhh, there are far worse WMMA fights to be seen and watched through the rest of the year. At least Chookagian will throw punches unlike Carmouche.

Do you think Katlyn having previously been offered a title shot but having to turn it down might me she would get the shot if she won?
Yes, she would get a title shot but not the next title shot. Since her timing would be way off what would be needed to fight Valentina. This fight is in Nov and that would probably be around the time Val would be fighting for her next fight. This is why it is genius. This avoids giving Val 2 boring fights in a row while not causing a lot of drama with Katlyn being "skipped over" because she gets a hometown MSG fight and her fight timeline would obviously conflict with a title fight against Val.

Yes, she would get a title shot but not the next title shot. Since her timing would be way off what would be needed to fight Valentina. This fight is in Nov and that would probably be around the time Val would be fighting for her next fight. This is why it is genius. This avoids giving Val 2 boring fights in a row while not causing a lot of drama with Katlyn being "skipped over" because she gets a hometown MSG fight and her fight timeline would obviously conflict with a title fight against Val.

Did not think of it like that. Excellent.

Gotta think Jojo/Lee is a #1 contender fight. Good thing it's buried as the 2nd fight on the fight pass prelims.

This is the war that the MMA world has been waiting for.

Switch it to Katlyn Chookagian vs. Demian Maia and I might watch.

no cindy dondois no party

Back