kata exercise

Let's not ignore it, then. This is the guy in the documentary and his websites

View attachment 505965

What kind of camp? Does he only consider this style for camps and not at his studio?

Check out the wording vvv
View attachment 505967

He even calls it a Dojo. Now we need an altogether different set of mental gymnastics (together with some insults thrown in for good measure). There have been countless unaddressed over-the-top paradigm shifts from the purists in this thread. Yet another shouldn't be any trouble. Maybe just complain about the size of the images (I'll put them in spoilers after a few days).

Really their is no use arguing with these people. It's like once they hear "i have not trained karate" or "i am not a black belt in karate" than they just think your conning them or your just delusional.

Really jones said that if hes teaching them to fight. It's not a mcdojo. But i don't think their is a muay thai instructor that had fought and has the mentality to teach you useless things. So really i believe in shin and i don't even know him personally he is more than qualified to do it. He might even create his own style like he could call it, thai karate or something.

I've been trying to not get pulled into this. But i feel the urge to get involved because its ridiculous really.

fair enough.

His martial arts are heavily influenced by MT and Karate and we can easily see the effectiveness of combining both.

Its funny that this top kyokushin gym is located in thailand, has a heavy MT influence, and looks more MT gym than karate dojo.

His style definitely isn't Muay Thai, and he hasn't "combined Karate and Muay Thai". He's very much a Kyokushin guy who was an uchi deshi of Oyama and always competed in Kyokushin.

The complex itself however isn't just a Kyokushin dojo, the complex both has a dojo and a MT type gym. That complex has several top fighters from Kickboxing and Muay Thai with who he built the whole complex. A part of that space looks exactly like a dojo actually if you look at 6 minutes onward on the documentary, while another part is pretty much a MT/KB gym as you can also see on some other parts of the documentary.

The reason it's in Thailand is mostly because it's a hubspot for people from different countries and it's a lot cheaper to build such a complex than in Japan or Australia while also having the advantage of nice weather, beach etc.

Let's not ignore it, then. This is the guy in the documentary and his websitesView attachment 505965

What kind of camp? Does he only consider this style for camps and not at his studio?

Check out the wording vvv
View attachment 505967

He even calls it a Dojo. Now we need an altogether different set of mental gymnastics (together with some insults thrown in for good measure). There have been countless unaddressed over-the-top paradigm shifts from the purists in this thread. Yet another shouldn't be any trouble. Maybe just complain about the size of the images (I'll put them in spoilers after a few days).

His camp is an uchi deshi type camp where you train everyday in Kyokushin Karate and it has things like beach training etc. I have the programme if you're interested.

The complex both has Kyokushin classes and Kickboxing/Boxing/MT classes run by other instructors.

What's your question exactly? Or were you trying to prove someone wrong somehow?

His camp is an uchi deshi type camp where you train everyday in Kyokushin Karate and it has things like beach training etc. I have the programme if you're interested.

The complex both has Kyokushin classes and Kickboxing/Boxing/MT classes run by other instructors.

What's your question exactly? Or were you trying to prove someone wrong somehow?

So, the layout and format to his gym is like what shincheckin plans to do for his gym. Nice!

Really their is no use arguing with these people. It's like once they hear "i have not trained karate" or "i am not a black belt in karate" than they just think your conning them or your just delusional.

Really jones said that if hes teaching them to fight. It's not a mcdojo. But i don't think their is a muay thai instructor that had fought and has the mentality to teach you useless things. So really i believe in shin and i don't even know him personally he is more than qualified to do it. He might even create his own style like he could call it, thai karate or something.

I've been trying to not get pulled into this. But i feel the urge to get involved because its ridiculous really.

Are you really in a position to be saying that, given that you have been arguing all the way through this thread. You're not trying to get pulled into this yet your posts are littered throughout this thread & many others.

It's a bit hypocritical to talk about 'really their is no use arguing with these people' when you have been arguing and posting non-stop.

No offence you literally no shit all about karate but here you are posting nonsense in every single thread talking about Karate. When someone challenges what you say - you're rebuttal is "I just woke up", "I'm drunk", "I'm half asleep" or any other statement to detract away from the fact that you don't really know what your on about.

Don't believe me - just read through your posts on these threads. You literally didn't know anything about Kyokushin on another thread until someone had to point it out to you.

Then on top of that you're telling guys who have significantly more knowledge/training experience in Karate - that we are wrong and we're just being dicks & that there is no problem.

It's not really up for debate. If you haven't studied something you can't teach it - that's at least what sensible people do.

Trying to not get pulled into this...Yet you have more posts on these threads than I do and I've actually trained in Karate for many years.

giphy.gif

So, the layout and format to his gym is like what shincheckin plans to do for his gym. Nice!

No not really because everyone in that gym is actually qualified to teach what they're teaching...

You don't see the MT coach in that gym teaching karate for kids or the karate instructor teaching MT for kids...

They have separate instructors for that even for kids.

Except that wasn't the issue and concerns raised, but rather the fact that shincheckin wanted to be the karate instructor for the kids without being a certified karate instructor, and the main reason behind it being to make more money.

You guys are getting so desperate you're literally grasping at straws at this point, trying to compare shincheckin with a legit Kyokushin instructor who has 36 years experience in Kyokushin, was a direct student of Mas Oyam and has opened a complex with different arts which he doesn't even teach himself. Please stop.

Last edited:
Are you really in a position to be saying that, given that you have been arguing all the way through this thread. You're not trying to get pulled into this yet your posts are littered throughout this thread & many others.

It's a bit hypocritical to talk about 'really their is no use arguing with these people' when you have been arguing and posting non-stop.

No offence you literally no shit all about karate but here you are posting nonsense in every single thread talking about Karate. When someone challenges what you say - you're rebuttal is "I just woke up", "I'm drunk", "I'm half asleep" or any other statement to detract away from the fact that you don't really know what your on about.

Don't believe me - just read through your posts on these threads. You literally didn't know anything about Kyokushin on another thread until someone had to point it out to you.

Then on top of that you're telling guys who have significantly more knowledge/training experience in Karate - that we are wrong and we're just being dicks & that there is no problem.

It's not really up for debate. If you haven't studied something you can't teach it - that's at least what sensible people do.

Trying to not get pulled into this...Yet you have more posts on these threads than I do and I've actually trained in Karate for many years.

giphy.gif

I haven't responded in this thread for a few days. And even when i have it's just me supporting shin.

Your confusing me with twin brother i think? But hes not on this site.

NO SERIOUSLY ARE YOU BLIND?

No not really because everyone in that gym is actually qualified to teach what they're teaching...

You don't see the MT coach in that gym teaching karate for kids or the karate instructor teaching MT for kids...

They have separate instructors for that even for kids.

Are you sure that these places wont let karate interns or assistants ever run or help run kids classes? Only the highest credentialed can teach tot classes at these places? That's the only argument and it's a big assumption on your part. I don't believe it. Assistant instructors (intermediate students) who don't have mastery are usually used for children's classes at fighting gyms all over the world, and that doesn't the gym or dojo less legit because they're not employing a blackbelt fulltime on the payroll for each and every beginners or intro class. That's some impractical false standard that this forum made completely up out of thin air.

Can somebody quote the post where i called someone a dick for not agreeing with me?

I haven't responded in this thread for a few days. And even when i have it's just me supporting shin.

Your confusing me with twin brother i think? But hes not on this site.

NO SERIOUSLY ARE YOU BLIND?

"I haven't responded in this thread for a few days. And even when i have it's just me supporting shin."

Thankfully my eye sight is still robust.

The real question is are you blind my brother?

"I haven't responded in this thread for a few days. And even when i have it's just me supporting shin."

Thankfully my eye sight is still robust.

The real question is are you blind my brother?

You said i called people a dick for not agreeing with me. Quote that post instead of confusing me with someone else.

And quote every post within the last week, that was by the hour and on for 7 days consecutively.

Are you sure that these places wont let karate interns or assistants ever run or help run kids classes? Only the highest credentialed can teach tot classes at these places? That's the only argument and it's a big assumption on your part. I don't believe it. Assistant instructors (intermediate students) who don't have mastery are usually used for children's classes at fighting gyms all over the world, and that doesn't the gym or dojo less legit because they're not employing a blackbelt fulltime on the payroll for each and every beginners or intro class. That's some impractical false standard that this forum made completely up out of thin air.

Maybe brown belts would be allowed to help run classes but they wouldn't be allowed to teach. It would be to assist the instructor.

No not the highest credentialed.

Generally you have to reach black belt in most karate organisations around the world before you are qualified to teach - this is because the syllabus is mostly complete by the time you reach shodan.

Judo is also the same.

In addition to that most karate organisations will require you to obtain permission to instruct/teach & then allow you to do so if you meet the criteria (usually being black belt and above) and in many cases you might be required to past specific coaching related tests before you are allowed to coach - usually this is first aid, health & safety etc. Some organisations will also test your teaching ability (knowledge of syllabus) before giving you permission.

It's not just Karate either. Judo is similar and BJJ even more stringent.

@Azam did you just try to troll me? Or were you confusing me with someone else?

In this thread i didn't respond for a few days.

So prove it.

Maybe brown belts would be allowed to help run classes but they wouldn't be allowed to teach. It would be to assist the instructor.

No not the highest credentialed.

Generally you have to reach black belt in most karate organisations around the world before you are qualified to teach - this is because the syllabus is mostly complete by the time you reach shodan.

Judo is also the same.

In addition to that most karate organisations will require you to obtain permission to instruct/teach & then allow you to do so if you meet the criteria (usually being black belt and above) and in many cases you might be required to past specific coaching related tests before you are allowed to coach - usually this is first aid, health & safety etc. Some organisations will also test your teaching ability (knowledge of syllabus) before giving you permission.

It's not just Karate either. Judo is similar and BJJ even more stringent.

That all makes sense but since shincheckin's karate program would be overseen by an actual karateka with those qualifications, it makes that argument null.

That all makes sense but since shincheckin's karate program would be overseen by an actual karateka with those qualifications, it makes that argument null.

That wasn't the plan initially though was it. We advised him to get an instructor in and take the time to get the necessary qualifications if he wanted to teach. There's multiple pages of posters telling you guys that.

There's literally multiple threads of many posters telling you guys exactly that. Instead you guys started shit talking about mimicking this and mimicking that. Then you wouldn't believe us when we told you that you need a lot of experience in Karate to be able to teach it. There's pages of back & forth in multiple threads for everyone to see.

There's literally pages of you guys talking shit when we gave you solid advice. Many just gave up after saying their piece.

Even now with your post just a minute ago - you're still arguing about whether an inexperienced karateka should be allowed to teach:

You're still incredulous about it. You're not even honest about half the shit that you guys wrote. We told you to do that. Shincheckin's original program was to teach kids karate - teach them MT instead and tell them it was basically karate because their kids & what does it matter - they're learning to fight.

We are the one's that told you to get an actual karate instructor in with those qualifications.

You aren't interested in the truth at this point - you just want to win the argument.

Anyone is welcome to read the posts and make up their own mind. I've said my piece.

That wasn't the plan initially though was it. We advised him to get an instructor in and take the time to get the necessary qualifications if he wanted to teach. There's multiple pages of posters telling you guys that.

There's literally multiple threads of many posters telling you guys exactly that. Instead you guys started shit talking about mimicking this and mimicking that. Then you wouldn't believe us when we told you that you need a lot of experience in Karate to be able to teach it. There's pages of back & forth in multiple threads for everyone to see.

There's literally pages of you guys talking shit when we gave you solid advice. Many just gave up after saying their piece.

Even now with your post just a minute ago - you're still arguing about whether an inexperienced karateka should be allowed to teach:

You're still incredulous about it. You're not even honest about half the shit that you guys wrote. We told you to do that. Shincheckin's original program was to teach kids karate - teach them MT instead and tell them it was basically karate because their kids & what does it matter - they're learning to fight.

We are the one's that told you to get an actual karate instructor in with those qualifications.

You aren't interested in the truth at this point - you just want to win the argument.

Anyone is welcome to read the posts and make up their own mind. I've said my piece.

I still don't see proof that i was calling you guys dicks for not agreeing with me. And i still don' see proof that i responded non stop this entire thread.

Yeah those guidelines you gave were for teaching adult classes, not an auxiliary toddlers's class. And I have been in many Karate and BJJ classes. The beginner classes are taught by purples (BJJ- same gym that wins the interstate/regionals every year) and mere 2nd year students in Karate teaching kids' classes. You're pretending the standards are far stricter than they actually are (for kids/beginner classes, especially). Nobody holds toddler classes to blackbelt minimum requirements, sorry. They might have them in some cases, but they don't cancel them if a blackbelt isn't available, they let a student takeover or teach a beginner's class. How do I know this?

Well, if Shincheckin came around and it wasn't his original idea but you suggested it and he took it, then I don't know why you guys are still coming to argue with him. I honestly don't care who's original idea it was-- to keep being salty about it (saying it's not enough) after he has agreed to those terms (maybe it was never a problem, either way) is just infantile. That's what I have a problem with.

Last edited:
Yeah those guidelines you gave were for teaching adult classes, not an auxiliary toddlers's class. And I have taken karate and been in BJJ classes. The beginner classes are taught by purples (BJJ- same gym that wins the regionals every year) and 2nd year students in Karate. You're pretending the standards are far stricter than they actually are (for kids/beginner classes, especially). Nobody holds toddler classes to blackbelt minimum requirements, sorry. They might have them in some cases, but they don't cancel them if a blackbelt isn't available, they let a student takeover or teach a beginner's class. How do I know this?

Well, if Shincheckin came around and it wasn't his original idea but you suggested it and he took it, then I don't know why you guys are still coming to argue with him. I honestly don't care who's original idea it was-- to keep being salty about it (saying it's not enough) after he has agreed to those terms (maybe it was never a problem, either way) is just infantile.

Yes and i still don't have proof i was responding to this thread non stop @Azam so obviously your trying to troll me. Which for some reason i think you were one of the people in the OT. But i could be wrong since i get confused of whose who on this site. So stop trolling azam.

Back