Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Michelle Waterson WHO TAKES IT?

Wasn't Namajunas wining the stand up fight from the outside until Karolina discovered Rose's vulnerability to knees out of the Thai clinch? Michelle wins an outside striking match. If KK tries Thai clinches she will be dealing with someone, in Michelle, who has trained and fought in Thailand and she will also be risking the take down.

I got Michelle in this match.

Rose is 5'5 with like a 66 inch reach. Michelle is like 5'2 with a 62 inch reach. She'll have a hard time winning a fight on the outside against KK, who has a about a 3 inch height and reach advantage (she looked nearly as tall as Rose, Joanna, and Heather, all 5'5 or 5'6 fighters). I'm not saying it's impossible, just that Rose was more suited for that gameplan than Michelle.

Last edited:
Rose is 5'5 with like a 66 inch reach. Michelle is like 5'2 with a 62 inch reach. She'll have a hard time winning a fight on the outside against KK, who has a about a 3 inch height and reach advantage (she looked nearly as tall as Rose, Joanna, and Heather, all 5'5 or 5'6 fighters). I'm not saying it's impossible, just that Rose was more suited for that gameplan than Michelle.

That might be true if this was going to be a Boxing match.

KK took everything JJ had and never stopped moving forward, IMO the only way Michelle wins is maybe a decision by outstriking her. Idk, KK IMO has a masive advantage in the clinch and she's very strong and bigger than Michelle too.

That might be true if this was going to be a Boxing match.

What? it means that KK will have an easier time making it a boxing match if she wanted to...She's done it against taller fighters than Waterson. The only fighter who has been able to keep KK on the outside was Joanna, and even then KK managed to get inside and make it ugly at times. And again, Joanna has like 4 inches on Waterson, so it's easier to keep fighters on the outside when you have a reach advantage. Waterson will be at a 3 inch disadvantage, thus making it harder for her to control the long range.

Also, Karolina can kick, too you know.

Last edited:
Also, Karolina can kick, too you know.

e947c9aa8a837c7a2f62c21097a18b7a.jpg

Michelle beat a very average fighter in Paige and suddenly she can beat KK? Michelle wouldnt even beat Rose

are you bipolar?

in your 1st post you give a good explanation to someone who needed 1, but littered the post with intellectual arrogance and sarcasm.

in yer 2nd post, you give someone a genuine thank you for a good explanation.

everyone has different knowledge levels- ive had several pro fihts but have learned here on occasion- dont be that guy, Vioer.

No, not bipolar...I stand by my first post...AND I was more or so thanking the fact someone used good grammar and thought process and not being a normal dick face troll on Sherdog on the 2nd. If that helps clarify for you.

Wait, what? You're saying Waterson trains with Cerrone, Arlovski and Jon Jones?....................

<23>

I doubt she even trains with Holly, Holly is huge compared to her.

Gadelha is at JacksonWink now? Didn't know that. That is interesting.

They don't have any current champions over there at the moment though right?
You can undoubt yourself...
Holly and her train http://i.imgur.com/V6HFfXi.jpg OK...need another?http://i.imgur.com/Ts5SaNF.jpg
Doesnt hurt to maybe read a bit more. Know a littlle more before posting? Just the advice I can give you. Arlovski trains with John Dodson....so why cant she train with the elite in higher weights?
http://i.imgur.com/8rBEneQ.jpg Theyve trained, Claudia trained there for her last fight...maybe she isnt there currently? but they train together a lot.

Last edited:
Michelle beat a very average fighter in Paige and suddenly she can beat KK? Michelle wouldnt even beat Rose
Thats your opinion. I feel her and Rose would be a great fight. Waterson is no joke I followed her career for ever and has far more potential. KK is good but not great. That is my opinion.

Oh ok. I photoshopped every photo of them training on the internet. Made up every story in the gym. Fucking Arlovski trains with John Dodson....so why not...?

And the rest of the Four Horsewomen trained with Ronda... and they still sucked.

Thats your opinion. I feel her and Rose would be a great fight. Waterson is no joke I followed her career for ever and has far more potential. KK is good but not great. That is my opinion.

Far more potential based on the fact that she's beaten absolutely nobody?

We'll see how share fares going forward, until then she is unproven against top competition.

Far more potential based on the fact that she's beaten absolutely nobody?

We'll see how share fares going forward, until then she is unproven against top competition.
Well this is why I made the thread. It would be a nice fight to see wouldnt it. I wanted opinions and I got to see others. Yours have been legit. Others have been ....uneducated

Well this is why I made the thread. It would be a nice fight to see wouldnt it. I wanted opinions and I got to see others. Yours have been legit. Others have been ....uneducated

Cool.

I like her btw, she's super cute.

This is fantastic:

mwXWpn.gif

AnOEGp.gif

Y6XDPW.gif

She also loves the inside kick.
it would be a good fight. Reason being i created the thread. Good opinions, great points. Ive always gone with fighters being only as good as their last fight. KK just didnt have that fire power. She moves a lot with her feet. She is tough to hit. However Waterson by destroying her two past opponents, shows she NEEDS a tougher opponent in KK to see what she really has.

What? it means that KK will have an easier time making it a boxing match if she wanted to...She's done it against taller fighters than Waterson. The only fighter who has been able to keep KK on the outside was Joanna, and even then KK managed to get inside and make it ugly at times. And again, Joanna has like 4 inches on Waterson, so it's easier to keep fighters on the outside when you have a reach advantage. Waterson will be at a 3 inch disadvantage, thus making it harder for her to control the long range.

Also, Karolina can kick, too you know

Yes but Michelle is more skilled at kicking than KK and the legs are longer than the arms. That is why I said you would be right if this was a Boxing match.

It would look similar to the last two rounds of KK vs thug Rose imo, and I like Waterson a lot I just think Karolina beats her up

I actually thought that fight was pretty entertaining and competitive. Maybe i should rewatch it.

Back