Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Michelle Waterson WHO TAKES IT?

I think Michelle wins this fight. And yeah, KK had nothing for JJ

Karolina, obviously. :rolleyes:

Waterson isn't proven, so far she's beaten a can in Magana and a rookie in PVZ.

Let's see how she does against someone who we actually know is good.

Tecia would have been a good test for her but they've decided to feed Rawlings to her.

Maybe Rose makes sense, people are asking for it. I just wanna see Rose get her revenge against Esparza.

lol ridiculous

Waterson might be the most proven female fighter in all of MMA right now

lol ridiculous

Waterson might be the most proven female fighter in all of MMA right now

tumblr_nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1_500.gif

Yeah, Jedrzejczyk and Nunes are just racing to catch her up. They wish they were as proven as she is. :rolleyes:

Ronda Rousey ain't got shit on her!

<36>

Such a damn good post until you brought up the Reid fight, which was almost 8 years ago and has ZERO relevance now, and the Tiburcio fight, in which Michelle was so weakened from a bad weight cut she was like Maximus in the movie Gladiator getting stabbed in the back before fighting the Emperor. Utterly irrelevant to her current ability.

What about the Penne fight, does that one count or not? Because the same thing happened there, she got pressured into the fence but was fortunately able to win most of the grappling exchanges. And I'd argue that the Reid fight is relevant since it exposed a habit that Waterson had and likely still has, and which a few other fighters have been able to take advantage of to some extent. Is it something she's working to fix? I'd say yes. Is it fixed? We don't know since she hasn't fought a decently skilled pressure fighter since her move to the UFC. Hell, Pettis and JDS have been getting backed into fences for the last 5 years and they're still doing it. Until Claudia, Andrade, Grasso, Karolina, or Joanna put the pressure on her, we can't make any conclusions on how well she deals with it.

What about the Penne fight, does that one count or not? Because the same thing happened there, she got pressured into the fence.

And we've all seen the great things Jessica Penne has gone on to do in this division. :rolleyes:

tumblr_nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1_500.gif

Yeah, Jedrzejczyk and Nunes are just racing to catch her up. They wish they were as proven as she is. :rolleyes:

Ronda Rousey ain't got shit on her!

<36>

Waterson was Invicta champ before they were even in MMA. Go look up the definition of "proven" you illiterate goof

are you bipolar?

lol You kidding?

I have to explain to you wearing a shirt helps keep you stay dry? It helps your ability to get grips on your oponent from anywhere, thus making it more difficult for them to pass, escape your holds. I really hope this was a joke question.

Thank you for the knowledgeable breakdown. Must respect to you man. Great breakdown

in your 1st post you give a good explanation to someone who needed 1, but littered the post with intellectual arrogance and sarcasm.

in yer 2nd post, you give someone a genuine thank you for a good explanation.

everyone has different knowledge levels- ive had several pro fihts but have learned here on occasion- dont be that guy, Vioer.

as to the post, i like the little Polish girl, but am confident MWaterson has a lot she hasnt shown yet- i think shes very crafty.

Waterson was Invicta champ before they were even in MMA. Go look up the definition of "proven" you illiterate goof

You've got to be trolling. :rolleyes:

Waterson became Invicta Champ in April, 2013, Rousey was already UFC & Strikeforce champ by then.

<36>

Last edited:
You've got to be trolling. :rolleyes:

Waterson become Invicta Champ in April, 2013, Rousey was already UFC & Strikeforce champ by then.

<36>

Waterson had a winning MMA record and was doing photoshoots like this:

LVUUCAM.jpg

... while Rousey was still doing drugs and trying to hold down a bartending job after not winning it all in judo.

Michelle had already fought in Strikeforce and destroyed everyone they put in front of her years before Rousey or Tate had ever stepped in the Strikeforce cage. 2008, to be exact.

<{Joewithit}>

Michelle had already fought in Strikeforce and destroyed everyone they put in front of her

And by 'everyone' you mean Tyra "The Honey Badger" Parker who was 0-1 at the time and is now retired with a 4-5 record.

{<jordan}

I appreciate the enthusiasm though.

giphy.gif

Waterson had a winning MMA record and was doing photoshoots like this:

LVUUCAM.jpg

... while Rousey was still doing drugs and trying to hold down a bartending job after not winning it all in judo.

Michelle had already fought in Strikeforce and destroyed everyone they put in front of her years before Rousey or Tate had ever stepped in the Strikeforce cage. 2008, to be exact.

<{Joewithit}>

Cool story, so you are trying to say that Rousey did more in 1 year and more money than that can in her whole career?

<36>

I think Michelle wins this fight. And yeah, KK had nothing for JJ

Except for the most significant moment of the fight.

Nx5q76.gif

but yes, Joanna did outclass her :( Fortunately, Waterson is no Joanna.

Wasn't Namajunas wining the stand up fight from the outside until Karolina discovered Rose's vulnerability to knees out of the Thai clinch? Michelle wins an outside striking match. If KK tries Thai clinches she will be dealing with someone, in Michelle, who has trained and fought in Thailand and she will also be risking the take down.

I got Michelle in this match.

Wasn't Namajunas wining the stand up fight from the outside until Karolina discovered Rose's vulnerability to knees out of the Thai clinch? Michelle wins an outside striking match. If KK tries Thai clinches she will be dealing with someone, in Michelle, who has trained and fought in Thailand and she will also be risking the take down.

I got Michelle in this match.

Karolina.

Michelle is too small to be a serious threat to any of the top 115ers.

Back