Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Michelle Waterson WHO TAKES IT?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am aware of the rankings, which I pay very little attention to. We've seen low rank fighters beating higher rank fighters before. Its not unheard of. I know Michelle well, her career I have followed from her Invicta debut to her loss of the atom weight title.

My thoughts:
This is a special situation since Waterson now rank #7 just began her SW career and had to start somewhere before destroying both SW's she fought so far. Angela Magana and Paige who she did outclass everywhere.

I know its tough to decide Waterson's full potential right now based on defeating Paige VanZant and another fighter thats not even ranked in the top 10 anymore... but she just beat the best focused Paige VanZant quickly at Paige's own game because she chose to. If you notice Michelle comes prepared for the ground as well. She is the only one who comes to the octagon and fights with the tight Reebok tee shirt, not your traditional tank UFC top. That top helps add to her game.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz....is a warrior with lots of heart, I cant take away from her accomplishments. She had NOTHING for JJ... on the ground she has nothing for Waterson. I think Michelle Waterson could/would submit Karolina quickly in the first or second round.

Discuss if you wish, Agree or Disagree?

It would look similar to the last two rounds of KK vs thug Rose imo, and I like Waterson a lot I just think Karolina beats her up

This would be a very good fight. I actually think this is Waterson's next fight. If I had to pick today I would take Kowalkiewicz by Decision

She is the only one who comes to the octagon and fights with the tight Reebok tee shirt, not your traditional tank UFC top. That top helps add to her game.
Explain please. lol

Karolina-Kowalkiewicz-4.jpg

KI5vd15.jpg

Karolina_Kowalkiewicz.jpg

15650999147_f5810e49db_o.jpg

142b9da49f5de0e5fe33c2ddb82d039f.jpg

Thread needs pics.

I think Michelle Waterson could/would submit Karolina quickly in the first or second round.
It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but I don't see Waterson getting much of a chance to get it to the ground; to my mind, Kowalkiewicz keeps it standing and wins a decisions.

I am aware of the rankings, which I pay very little attention to. We've seen low rank fighters beating higher rank fighters before. Its not unheard of. I know Michelle well, her career I have followed from her Invicta debut to her loss of the atom weight title.

My thoughts:
This is a special situation since Waterson now rank #7 just began her SW career and had to start somewhere before destroying both SW's she fought so far. Angela Magana and Paige who she did outclass everywhere.

I know its tough to decide Waterson's full potential right now based on defeating Paige VanZant and another fighter thats not even ranked in the top 10 anymore... but she just beat the best focused Paige VanZant quickly at Paige's own game because she chose to. If you notice Michelle comes prepared for the ground as well. She is the only one who comes to the octagon and fights with the tight Reebok tee shirt, not your traditional tank UFC top. That top helps add to her game.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz....is a warrior with lots of heart, I cant take away from her accomplishments. She had NOTHING for JJ... on the ground she has nothing for Waterson. I think Michelle Waterson could/would submit Karolina quickly in the first or second round.

Discuss if you wish, Agree or Disagree?
would be our penises biggest win ever. individually of course. no homo.

They are both overrated looks wise.

KK has decent TDD, and would come in bigger than Michelle. I believe Michelle has a much better all around game, but what KK does well, she does REALLY well. Keeping range, countering well, getting good flurries in and resetting. On the other hand, Michelle might be the smartest fighter (with the smartest camp) in the division, and could find a hole in KK's game and exploit it. Those side/oblique kicks could be effective for Michelle to throw off KK's distance control, pace, etc, and eventually set up a big head kick or TD.

IF this fight gets made, it has to be a 5 rounder. Great fight on paper, IMO. #teammichelle

That's a close fight, Karolina is too tough. I'd go with her.

KK has decent TDD, and would come in bigger than Michelle. I believe Michelle has a much better all around game, but what KK does well, she does REALLY well. Keeping range, countering well, getting good flurries in and resetting. On the other hand, Michelle might be the smartest fighter (with the smartest camp) in the division, and could find a hole in KK's game and exploit it. Those side/oblique kicks could be effective for Michelle to throw off KK's distance control, pace, etc, and eventually set up a big head kick or TD.

IF this fight gets made, it has to be a 5 rounder. Great fight on paper, IMO. #teammichelle

Pretty much all of this. KK is an unstoppable punching machine, takes hits like they were a delicious breakfast and just gets stronger as the fight goes on.

That said, Rose outstruck her until she decided to get in the clinch and eat knees for some reason. KK is also very limited in her overall game and is not a well rounded fighter.

Michelle has a lot of tricks that she did not reveal due to the shortness of the Vanzant fight. On top of that, she would go just as hard in the last round as she did in the first. My prediction is KK would see takedown attempts and spinning shit better than anything she's seen from Rose or JJ.

It would be a good fight, but we can say that about a lot of strawweight matchups, It's a fun division.

Explain please. lol
lol You kidding?

I have to explain to you the point of how sweat makes you slippery in a fight and wearing a shirt helps keep you stay dry? You need that explanation lol? It helps your ability to get grips on your oponent from anywhere, thus making it more difficult for them to pass, escape your holds. I really hope this was a joke question.

Its the same idea as if using the Gi in BJJ ....They cant use a Gi obviously in a cage but the next best thing is full clothing apparel...to make you less slippery.

Last edited:

Thank you for the knowledgeable breakdown. Must respect to you man. Great breakdown

Back