Karolina Kowalkiewicz. Am I dreaming? Regarding her striking.

TheSweedee

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So we all heard the Muay Thai talks coming into this fight. I was expecting her to have awesome striking since she was the Amateur National Champion in Muay Thai apparently. But in my eyes it didnt look like she had a background in striking At all? Clinch was Awesome dont get me wrong, but every single punch looked slow, forced and sloppy and no kicks that I recall.

Am I the only one that thought this about her striking?

Joanna will absolutely Demolish her standing up.

Last edited:
I don't like Joanna but even more I don't like Karolina's chances against her.

What you heard was her only loss was an amateur fight against Joanna. And yeh you're right she will get demolished lol.

What you heard was her only loss was an amateur fight against Joanna. And yeh you're right she will get demolished lol.

That makes a lot more sense lol. I might have had that statement in my mind when I looked at this fight which skewed everything a bit. But she was throwing punches like she was Gassed from the get go.

She looks explosive on the Mitts in the countdown show.. but so did Ronda I guess.

She looked like she was running in before throwing strikes, JJ will eat her up.

That makes a lot more sense lol. I might have had that statement in my mind when I looked at this fight which skewed everything a bit. But she was throwing punches like she was Gassed from the get go.

She looks explosive on the Mitts in the countdown show.. but so did Ronda I guess.
Yeah man I agree. If it wasn't for her sheer dominance in the clinch she probably would have lost on points. Rose counter punching was good!

She did a nice feint left into a right straight that landed right on Rose's nose. She also did a great uppercut in the clinch.

I think you should watch over the fight again in slow-mo often times the technique shines through immediately when you watch it just a bit slower. A lot of JJ's combos for an instance in the Penne fight that just looks like wild slapping turn into excellent striking displays when you can catch those extra details in the exchange.

Her footwork in the stand up was very impressive though imo, tonnes of smart moves and shuffles even if she was getting hit left and right.

Clinch goes a long way in Muay Thai. I agree that Rose dominated at Range but KK was tough and walked through the punches to get to her bread and butter and her bread and butter was formidable.

Her striking is good for the division, but not the best. She gets by by being one of the most well rounded fighters and by out working her opponents. She reminds me a little of Bisping, but with a nasty clinch.

Her striking is good for the division, but not the best. She gets by by being one of the most well rounded fighters and by out working her opponents. She reminds me a little of Bisping, but with a nasty clinch.

Her grappling looked good. Strong and solid control. If I didnt hear a word about her pre-fight I would think she had a grappling background and not a striking one. And is super good in the clinch due to being strong or something lol. Im not knowledge enough to keep an eye on her footwork so perhaps as mentioned earlier in this thread if someone focused on that perhaps you could tell she indeed has a strinking background.

Her grappling looked good. Strong and solid control. If I didnt hear a word about her pre-fight I would think she had a grappling background and not a striking one. And is super good in the clinch due to being strong or something lol. Im not knowledge enough to keep an eye on her footwork so perhaps as mentioned earlier in this thread if someone focused on that perhaps you could tell she indeed has a strinking background.

She started off as a krav maga instructor ( she credits her clinch game to that) then she transitioned to muay Thai and had a some muay Thai fights, but it wasn't an extensive Thai career like Jo Jed had. Finally I believe she transitioned to MMA at the age of 23 or 24, took her first MMA fight a few years later, had success, and here we are.

She started off as a krav maga instructor ( she credits her clinch game to that) then she transitioned to muay Thai and had a some muay Thai fights, but it wasn't an extensive Thai career like Jo Jed had. Finally I believe she transitioned to MMA at the age of 23 or 24, took her first MMA fight a few years later, had success, and here we are.

Makes more sense now thanks.

Back