Karo Parisyan

Way back in the day my friend went to train at Legends gym in Los Angeles and Karo was coaching there.

He showed me a video of him and Karo doing some wrestling. I thought he was doing a private lesson but he said no, it was a class.

I was like wtf, and asked him why there was only the two of them,....my buddy told me that many people at the gym couldnt stand Karo, he was an arrogant sob lol so no one would show up for his class.

Im gonna call BS on that!

What does him having an arrogant personality have anything to do with teaching a class???

I mean chef ramsey is an arrogant prick and that doesn't stop ppl from wanting to learn from him. Besides Karo is teaching a class, his job is to instruct the students in grappling technique for the duration of the time. I don't see how he would be arrogant in a class setting...

UFC brought in Jeremy Horn for title shot just to let Chuck avenge a loss.

UFC should bring back Karo for a grudge match vs Nate Diaz, who when on TUF I didn't realize he was any good judging by appearance and demeanor.

UFC should bring back Karo for a grudge match vs Nate Diaz, who when on TUF I didn't realize he was any good judging by appearance and demeanor.

I like this idea because I know Karo has a good chance of humbling Nate Diaz!

They gave Karo a second chance and he blew it.

Didn't Karo have GSP in some dangerous spots when they fought?

Did he ever! But young georges was a beast, literally powered out of a harsh sub situation.

Actually pretty tough opponent fight for Georges first UFC fight.

Im gonna call BS on that!

What does him having an arrogant personality have anything to do with teaching a class???

I mean chef ramsey is an arrogant prick and that doesn't stop ppl from wanting to learn from him. Besides Karo is teaching a class, his job is to instruct the students in grappling technique for the duration of the time. I don't see how he would be arrogant in a class setting...

Serious chefs in training would put up with it.

But people just doing mma as a hobby wouldn't put up with an instructor who is equal parts crazy, egomaniac and arrogant as Karo is.

Did he ever! But young georges was a beast, literally powered out of a harsh sub situation.

Actually pretty tough opponent fight for Georges first UFC fight.

Yup. In both cases he certainly was.

GSP was a beast and he never had an easy fight.

gsp_escape.gif

Karo had so much going for him, had to ruin it all
Oh please he was never getting past Hughes at any point in time, He was a small WW with a decent at best skill set.

People crack me up acting like this guy was gonna be super amazing without his pill issues.

Serious chefs in training would put up with it.

But people just doing mma as a hobby wouldn't put up with an instructor who is equal parts crazy, egomaniac and arrogant as Karo is.

I still don't get how he would come off as arrogant, he is there to teach a class and thats all! Its not like his students are obligated to go clubbing with him, therefore I don't understand the arrogant part.

Most instructors in martial arts or in yoga pretty much show you the technique within the hour and thats that. After class they might come off as cocky or arrogant if you choose to be around them on their personal time but never class time since they are there to teach.

I still don't get how he would come off as arrogant, he is there to teach a class and thats all! Its not like his students are obligated to go clubbing with him, therefore I don't understand the arrogant part.

Most instructors in martial arts or in yoga pretty much show you the technique within the hour and thats that. After class they might come off as cocky or arrogant if you choose to be around them on their personal time but never class time since they are there to teach.

You can have arrogant university professors even though they are just there to teach a class and that's it.

Back