Karo Parisyan UFC judo throws and wrestling takedowns!

Like I said, wrestling is a very broad term. 90% of Usman wrestling in mma is about pining his opponent against the cage. That wrestling style doesn't exist outside of MMA.

And a lot of upper body and clinch takedowns you see in mma are part of judo
So you could say those are wrestling clinch takedowns and judo has nothing to do with it? Lol

Wrestlers have the same clinch takedowns as judo except for the gi which doesn't matter for mma

Judo can be so damn entertaining in an MMA context.

0e114f0f-ede0-4c82-8c2d-78d420fcfec6_text.gif

I'm not saying pick one or the other, I'm saying train both. That's the thing with people, they think they can only train one martial art for takedowns and can't train anything else.
Ufc fighters don't have time to train an ineffective grappling style instead of the effective one. That's just not good training.

Khabib says Judo is a more competitive international sport than wrestling which is true, he is not saying a Judo background is more effective in MMA than a wrestling background, or Judo is more effective than wrestling in MMA

Yes Khabib is such a well rounded grappler, that he has Judo sprinkled into his game, 90% of his takedowns are wrestling based though, that's the point

Khabib is not spending time in training doing Judo lol, he is in a wrestling room
Doesn't matter what room he's in, the reason his wrestling game is different is because of the sambo mixed in, which means judo mixed in. Not your typical wrestling style and that's because of sambo/judo. So yes, he is still practicing sambo/judo in a wrestling room.

Ufc fighters don't have time to train an ineffective grappling style instead of the effective one. That's just not good training.
It worked for Khabib and no one had an answer for him. Guess he spent his time wisely.

Doesn't matter what room he's in, the reason his wrestling game is different is because of the sambo mixed in, which means judo mixed in. Not your typical wrestling style and that's because of sambo/judo. So yes, he is still practicing sambo/judo in a wrestling room.
I've said the entire time it's sprinkled into his game because he's trained since he was a kid, but it's not equal, wrestling is by far more effective, and Khabib uses wrestling to get his opponents down 9/10 times

Please tell me why nobody in MMA ever trains Judo? Why does ATT have a bunch of high level wrestlers around, but not high level Judokas?

It worked for Khabib and no one had an answer for him. Guess he spent his time wisely.
You actually thought that Khabib said Judo is better than wrestling like you totally misunderstood what he was saying, and you're still bringing him up like you know anything lmaooo.

He was saying Judo is a better, more competitive sport in the Olympics because more countries participate, not that Judo is better for MMA.

That's because sambo is a better base for mma than wrestling but wrestling has more financial backing for training and a huge history in the states with sports programs for kids in schools so there is a higher pedigree of athlete's competing in wrestling than sambo.

That's because sambo is a better base for mma than wrestling but wrestling has more financial backing for training and a huge history in the states with sports programs for kids in schools so there is a higher pedigree of athlete's competing in wrestling than sambo.
I understand that, I'm just saying sambo/judo works in mma. I don't get why people think it doesn't when certain fighters make it obvious that it does.

You actually thought that Khabib said Judo is better than wrestling like you totally misunderstood what he was saying, and you're still bringing him up like you know anything lmaooo.

He was saying Judo is a better, more competitive sport in the Olympics because more countries participate, not that Judo is better for MMA.
I'm sayin he views Judo better than wrestling as a martial art. That was in response to you thinking Judo is shit. Either way Khabib trains Sambo/Judo and uses it in his fights. So your argument isn't valid anymore.

Karo was fun to watch back in the day. The Diego fight was legendary.

Today, Khabib and Islam Makhachev exhibit the best judo skills in MMA even though they aren't billed as judo guys.

Seems like Rick Rude was thrown on his melon head a few times in his lifetime. The guy has some much disdain for judo.

Back