Karim Zidan slams Joanna, white knights Zhang and all of China amid virus outbreak

You’re telling me 1 billion Chinese people on this earth are on a strict Bat diet? If I drive to the city of Irvine California I should expect every single Chinese to be infected with disease? Last I recall that was one of the cleanest cities with highest graduation rates and lowest crime rates in America but nope, they all eat bats.

you’re telling me that Muslim guy and his family down the street are secretly plotting to bomb my house?

while we’re on the subject of sanitation, have you walked the streets of New York? There’s trash bags in the front of the sidewalks. By your logic, every person in New York is a dirty rat piece of shit that deserves to die. Every last living person in the state of New York deserves to be treated exactly the same.

reality is, it’s a small group of Chinese in that city of Wuhan that are doing that nasty shit of eating weird animals, not the entire country.
The "it isnt everyone so it isnt anyone" argument is a logical fallacy.

The point is not that all Muslims commit terror, or that all Chinese live with no sanitation or concern for animals.

The problem is that those cultures support those things.

The further problem is that many guilty of those sins are of that group. So not all Muslims are terrorists, but most of the terror attacks in this country since 1945...are Muslims.

She was making fun of the situation not the victims, people in the first world have way too much free time in their hands to be worrying about shit like this.

Yeah there was no malice in it, some people just love drama and being offended.

America secretly bombed a neutral country of Cambodia for 10 years in what was considered collateral damage during the Vietnam War. That country til this day 50 years later has still not recovered. Does that make the USA terrorists by definition?

Anyways, look man I hate a lot of what the Chinese have done and have been doing. But I’m not going to talk shit about an entire ethnicity/culture/creed as a whole because everyone as an individual is different.

I’ve traveled places where Chinese people are very rude and pushy, and I’ve traveled next to some of the kindest souls who were also Chinese.
I don't think we disagree. I am not saying we now should hate the Chinese. I am saying it is normal and rational to now be afraid of not-assimilated Chinese residents or especially Chinese tourists. Jonathan Chu next door who has a NY Giants sticker on his car is not the problem.

I understand why Zhang doesn't find it funny, but it was a joke. No one was harmed, and there is a long tradition of gallows humor to alleviate the stress of horrible situations. It's not morally wrong to make jokes about bad things. It's human. We cope with stressful and dire circumstances by making ourselves laugh about them. That doesn't mean you want harm to come to an entire class of people, and nothing Joanna has said or done will cause said harm.

Bloody Elbow always letting everyone know how woke they are.

so woke, that instead of worrying about Joanna making light of a serious illness that has killed hundreds, they’re instead focusing on perceived racism.

Get woke, go broke.

The "it isnt everyone so it isnt anyone" argument is a logical fallacy.

The point is not that all Muslims commit terror, or that all Chinese live with no sanitation or concern for animals.

The problem is that those cultures support those things.

The further problem is that many guilty of those sins are of that group. So not all Muslims are terrorists, but most of the terror attacks in this country since 1945...are Muslims.
We have toxic waste dumps galore.<{spoogebab}>

despite their iron fisted mods that will lay down the ban hammer if you question the competency or integrity of one of their writer’s articles (lawd forbid if you call out an article’s clickbait headline in the comments), i actually like a majority of the analytical staff at BE. but Karim Zidan’s articles always feel like forced political & moral posturing under the guise of mma investigative journalism. i think he’s an intelligent guy, & a talented writer w/ a legit passion for socio-political journalism, but i’ve never been a fan of a fair amount of his contributions to BE (even though i consider myself to be quite liberal). but i suppose he’s a good fit for BE since they also love to shoehorn news stories that involve a professional fighter, even if they have a professional record of 1-2 from 2011-2012.

Last edited:
Jedrzejczyk’s failed attempt at comic relief was not only misguided and rooted in ignorance, it was also shines a light on the rise of xenophobia against Chinese communities around the world in the wake of a global epidemic.

Stigmas have begun to emerge against Chinese communities in North America and beyond, as concerns surrounding a potential pandemic have begun to stoke anti-Chinese sentiment and discrimination.

According to the National Post, “Asian discrimination” is on the rise in Toronto, where more than 9000 people signed a petition demanding one of the school boards in the region to keep children with family who have recently returned from China away from classrooms.

Chinese businesses in Toronto have also reported a decrease in clientele due to irrational fears of the contagion, while there is also a spike in social media bullying, hysteria, and racial abuse directed at the Asian communities.

Zhang’s decision to try and leave China as soon as possible highlights the seriousness of a situation that Jedrzejcyzk had reduced to a insensitive meme.

While Jedrzejczyk’s meme is only the tip of the iceberg with regards to the bigoted and insensitive comments that have spread in the wake of 2019-nCoV, it is a testament to how anti-Chinese sentiment arises in the wake of outbreaks.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/...e-sentiment-coronavirus-epidemic-feature-news

IMG_2708.jpg
Bullshit. Not a Jechchshhdhachick fan at all but that was a clever meme.
And no this little safe space snowflake is not offended, it's the media telling him he is. Grow a pair and laugh fragile fluffy wuss

despite their iron fisted mods that will lay down the ban hammer if you question the competency or integrity of one of their writer’s articles (lawd forbid if you call out an article’s clickbait headline in the comments), i actually like a majority of the analytical staff at BE. but Karim Zidan’s articles always feel like forced political & moral posturing under the guise of mma investigative journalism. i think he’s an intelligent guy, & a talented writer w/ a legit passion for socio-political journalism, but i’ve never been a fan of a fair amount of his contributions to BE (even though i consider myself to be quite liberal). but i suppose he’s a good fit for BE since they also love to shoehorn news stories that involve a professional fighter, even if they have a professional record of 1-2 from 2011-2012.
God forbid Joe Blow who murdered his wife happened to lose his amateur debut in 2014. Bloody Elbow will headline it with “MMA Fighter Murders Wife” and go on and on about the “domestic violence problem” in the sport.

I doubt Zidan even likes mma, he just couldn’t get a job anywhere else at Vox.

I love how dunces on the internet these days equate educated, compassionate statements to "white knighting." Society is truly declining in intellect.

God forbid Joe Blow who murdered his wife happened to lose his amateur debut in 2014. Bloody Elbow will headline it with “MMA Fighter Murders Wife” and go on and on about the “domestic violence problem” in the sport.

I doubt Zidan even likes mma, he just couldn’t get a job anywhere else at Vox.
hahah yep. i’ve never rolled my eyes so fucking hard so frequently at a site that i typically like. i guess i just like a select handful of the writing staff enough to keep visiting.

i also doubt Zidan likes mma. maybe he did at some point, but now i’m not so sure he’s even watched an event in the past 5+ years. i think he probably has a bit of an ego & likes being “that guy” doing the “important” journalism in a niche sport.

Back