Karate VS UFC Kid - Took my MMA kid to a Karate tournament.

Irresponsible Dad

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

my kid, Rhonin Swenson, is training for Youth MMA nationals (Apex Center). Then headed to worlds Rome, Italy (event sponsored by UFC). He needs some competition experience so it took him to a karate tournament. He did good. Karate guys are legit competition. Who do you think won tho?

heh.. I had him read all the comments. Here’s his semi coached response. Yup your right sherbros. Cte in full effect can’t even remember what to say

Last edited:
My son boxes twice a week and sparred a legit 15 rounds last week.. Am I supposed to make a video?

I'm probably taking him out soon because I don't want him getting brain damage, and he has chosen to spar.

Oh man. I was expecting point-fighting sport karate. Light contact.

Those kids are getting after it, jeez.

Username fits user.

Aren't you worried about permanent damage?
Don't you feel you are living through him and he is gonna hate you for that at some point when he leaves MMA at 22 to work in a grow shop?

Man, you opened yourself up to a world of shit from these shertards

that first video was crazy, so unfair the karate kid had a fucking robocop helmet and chest protector and your kid just regular head gear

lmao if you think this is worse than what midwestern wrestlers go through at that age, go outside more.

good stuff from the kid, but if one day he tells you he really doesn’t wanna do it, listen to him.

that first video was crazy, so unfair the karate kid had a fucking robocop helmet and chest protector and your kid just regular head gear

The plastic visor helmet was the first thing that stood out to me too. The karate kid also had a baseball catchers body plate on, and was tree times the size.

Irresponsible TS, you should be proud.

Yeah, I didn’t expect to see the kids swanging and banging like that

<mma4>

As a parent whose kid has been in wrestling since tender age 4 and myself having stepped in the cage twice and fed the Just Bleed Gods both times, I just will never see kids and combat (full contact) sports going together.

IMO, youth wrestling is highly established (rules, safety, technical development, competition format and rankings, etc) and extremely safe and there’s collegiate opportunities (whether wrestling or schooling is the priority by that time)

I think good for your kid having the heart to scrap, and take care of himself in a fight if he needs to.
I also think he's a kid and shouldn't be getting such a head start on the head trauma.

Username fits user.

Aren't you worried about permanent damage?
Don't you feel you are living through him and he is gonna hate you for that at some point when he leaves MMA at 22 to work in a grow shop?
if i had to predict someone was a failure in life based off a single post, I think this is the one I’d use

Back