Karate-Kali connection

I would argue that actually indicates the opposite. If you and I play poker for the first time in our lives... and whoever loses the hand dies... after one of us dies the other person isn't going to be particularly great at poker. The surviving person will still have only played poker once in their lives.

The reason martial arts have progressed is the precise opposite... the scientific method applied and techniques done repeatedly towards perfection. Now instead of dying on the battlefield I could go 100% on the mat and see exactly what works, what doesn't, right up until a simulated death (tapping). That's the scientific method and will guarantee the best results.

Teleport a BJJ black belt vs any guy on these battlefields from 1000 years ago, and take a guess at what happens in a one-on-one unarmed fight to the death.
Gave you a like.

OK, I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, fuck all these assumptions.

These arts were present throughout history in many empires before Christ, in times when hand to hand combat was a actually a thing.

They were tested on the battlefields, in real life or death situations.

And todays notion that some random dude somewhere, I won't single out any of them, in some fucking dojo just sat on his ass and hit wooden dolls and came up with this shit is RIDICULOUS.
Yah, but that's how they've practiced TMAs for a long time, just some guy in a dojo sitting on his ass hitting wooden dolls. So, that's what TMAs are today. The kung fu that you're imagining people using in hand to hand combat doesn't exist anymore. There's just sanda as a modern creation, but not a traditional lineage. Imagine if there was only boxercise for 100 years. Real boxing would be lost to history, and what people practice as "boxing" would be hilarious. That's what happened to TMAs

I would argue that actually indicates the opposite. If you and I play poker for the first time in our lives... and whoever loses the hand dies... after one of us dies the other person isn't going to be particularly great at poker. The surviving person will still have only played poker once in their lives.

The reason martial arts have progressed is the precise opposite... the scientific method applied and techniques done repeatedly towards perfection. Now instead of dying on the battlefield I could go 100% on the mat and see exactly what works, what doesn't, right up until a simulated death (tapping). That's the scientific method and will guarantee the best results.

Teleport a BJJ black belt (who has simulated this fight one million times) vs any guy on these battlefields from 1000 years ago (who only has "practiced" for however many guys they've killed up until that point), and take a guess at what happens in a one-on-one unarmed fight to the death.
It seriously depends. I really do think there are deadly techniques that have been lost to history since no one fights in competitive death or near death no rules tournaments anymore. If you read through the annals of kung fu and pankration history, there are some techniques described in both historical records similar to the "dim mak" (death touch). And they're described the exact same way, and even back then it was apparently super rare for someone to be able to do them.

Lightweight forum this shit

It seriously depends. I really do think there are deadly techniques that have been lost to history since no one fights in competitive death or near death no rules tournaments anymore. If you read through the annals of kung fu and pankration history, there are some techniques described in both historical records similar to the "dim mak" (death touch). And they're described the exact same way, and even back then it was apparently super rare for someone to be able to do them.
So back to the scientific method... you concede there's a lack of historical proof and we obviously have a lack of present proof... that doesn't look good for the hypothesis of dim mak being real.

In fact what you describe fits a classic "BS rumor" template. Look how you described it historically... no proof but similar concepts of different guys all "hearing it happened one time." I could say the same "evidence" currently exists for the Earth being flat by the way... it is something a bunch of people "heard" about.

Instead of assuming it is real and lost to time the more logical conclusion is that it isn't real until evidence shows otherwise.

OK, I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, fuck all these assumptions.

These arts were present throughout history in many empires before Christ, in times when hand to hand combat was a actually a thing.

They were tested on the battlefields, in real life or death situations.

And todays notion that some random dude somewhere, I won't single out any of them, in some fucking dojo just sat on his ass and hit wooden dolls and came up with this shit is RIDICULOUS.
That's exactly how people came up with a lot of techniques. They didn't make it up on the fly in a life or death scenario. They had to theorize and train.

So back to the scientific method... you concede there's a lack of historical proof and we obviously have a lack of present proof... that doesn't look good for the hypothesis of dim mak being real.

In fact what you describe fits a classic "BS rumor" template. Look how you described it historically... no proof but similar concepts of different guys all "hearing it happened one time." I could say the same "evidence" currently exists for the Earth being flat by the way... it is something a bunch of people "heard" about.

Instead of assuming it is real and lost to time the more logical conclusion is that it isn't real until evidence shows otherwise.
No it's not guys all hearing it happened one time. It's from written records by (ancient for Greece, like 300-500 years ago for China) historians in both Greece and China describing the exact same moves in both places doing the exact same thing.

No it's not guys all hearing it happened one time. It's from written records by (ancient for Greece, like 300-500 years ago for China) historians in both Greece and China describing the exact same moves in both places doing the exact same thing.
I hear ya. I'm saying if they (the ancient historians you're referencing) concede it is exceedingly rare (usually meaning it wasn't observed/verified) and if we can't duplicate it despite "the same exact moves doing the exact same thing" in multiple places historically... then maybe it isn't legit after all. Human bodies haven't changed so...

Back