Karate... Hold this L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it. She was threatening Joanna even though she was obviously not nearly as strong. Which plays a big role in a grappling match where both fighters are well trained

Yea Joanna used her size advantage and powered out of it by pushing up on the elbow. Wasn’t much technique involved in escaping lol

Karate is amazing for mma as one of the tools, but just like any other single discipline it would be ineffective on it's own. Karate can give fighters an impeccable way of integrating fighting reaction and instinct both offensively and defensively, distance control, effective fast kicks and a myriad of effective all-around fakes just of the top of my head. Whenever I see a fighter with good karate in his style, I notice the effectiveness more often than not. Michelle Waterson just needs to keep improving.

Karate is amazing for mma as one of the tools, but just like any other single discipline it would be ineffective on it's own. Karate can give fighters an impeccable way of integrating fighting reaction and instinct both offensively and defensively, distance control, effective fast kicks and a myriad of effective all-around fakes just of the top of my head. Whenever I see a fighter with good karate in his style, I notice the effectiveness more often than not. Michelle Waterson just needs to keep improving.
I hate Conor but even he says that Karate is a great tool for MMA. This should piss off TS since his boy got KOd by Conor. :D

Conor says (about Karate):
"... but this traditional style, you can see how quick they are on the feet, the dexterity in their legs, their balance - it's phenomenal to watch and it's beautiful for you to even say that, to consider that I am bringing that back in because that is what true martial arts is all about."

I am just happy if there was a Karate based fighter she used the nickname Karate Hottie. Could you imagine if Machida took it first? Lyoto "The Karate Hottie" Machida - we dodged a bullet there.
Karate Potty
lyoto-machida-and-father-drink-urine.jpeg

Using strictly Karate like Machida, Katsunori Kikuno, Wonderboy will get u KO'd stiff.. Eventually.
You need to flow like water.. Karate, MT, Boxing every exchange is a new skirmish.

Bruce knew all along.

If do correct no can defend

I love how people are so quick to point out the style and not the practitioner putting it to use.

She threw karate, she sure did not apply karate though.

The moves that dont work and the ones you can cover distance and “score” with should all be sorted out through the sparring sessions.

Karate is a really good base, but he must be coupled with other things.
Exibit A: The GOAT Georges St-Pierre (3rd dan in KyokushinKaï)

Also: c'mon man. Everyone and their mother knew that JJ would destroy Waterson. Waterson is good, but she was fighting someone much, much better than herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back