"Karate for MMA"

Mikey Triangles

Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985
@red
Reaction score
is the interesting title of ryoto machida's first book with victory belt. it should be coming out soon, any pre-thoughts?

I'll definitely give it a look. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts his style to MMA.

Damn that yellow belt looks good...

Coming from a Okinawan Karate background myself, I will be very interested in this book.

same here. I can't wait; I'm a Shotokan black belt as well as a mixed martial artist. It will be interesting to explore Machida's insights.

word up sounds awesome im definately going to take a peak. im a shito ryu karate guy myself

Wow, sounds really interesting. I can't wait to hear his thoughts on how he effectively applies Karate to MMA. I am Shorin-Ryu guy that simultaneously trains in MMA.

Lots of Karate peeps in these forums. Glad to see I won't be the only one interested in Machida's book!

I can't find much on this book using google. Link to any more info?

not really a karate guy, but I do like reading so I'll check it out.

wow i didn't know... shotokan yondan here, very interested...

I can't find much on this book using google. Link to any more info?

i just saw the preveiw for it in marcelo garcia's new book on the x-guard. it said the book was coming out this year.

it's a 'victory belt' production if that helps, but i think it's still too early to see it anywhere. once victory belts site is back up they'll probably have some info.

Even though I have never trained karate I'm looking forward to this book. Seeing Machida's style broken down, by himself should be a real treat.

I can imagine if Machida writes the intro it'll be very interesting. I'd love to hear his opinions on the current trends in karate and the endless McDojoing compared to his own (obviously successful and fight-proven) training on the subject.

I'm also a karate guy and I'll be looking forward to seeing this. I think he'll try to cover things like fighting from the outside/using distance to set up strikes, hitting and getting out of range, hopefully some footwork stuff.

I'm a shito ryu karate guy too and I'll be checking this book out for sure when it comes out. This is the first I've heard about it but I'm pretty excited now.

Back