Karate 5th dan vs bodybuilder vs armwrestler

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This video is supposedly about internal vs. external strength, whatever that means. :rolleyes:

Any comments on what happened in the video?

[YT]eK3g2aCMsGQ[/YT]

Nothing happened in this video? Thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my life...

For anyone viewing this thread, please for the love of god do not watch this video.
I just wasted about 5 min scrolling thru it and all they do is some weird chi flow drills with the hands.

And the instructor didnt have a strength advantage over these guys, they were just being nice

I will take the arm wrestler in a fight if he is Russian......

Cliff: Dumb martial arts instructor is dumb and makes a dumb video

This video is supposedly about internal vs. external strength, whatever that means. :rolleyes:

Any comments on what happened in the video?

[YT]eK3g2aCMsGQ[/YT]

Video was worth watching if only for the dude in the first minute staring at his hands like "what the fuck are these things for?" while an 80's power ballad plays in the background.

Video was worth watching if only for the dude in the first minute staring at his hands like "what the fuck are these things for?" while an 80's power ballad plays in the background.

Yeah, I remember the first time I got high...

looks like a bunch of leverage tricks to me. i didn't watch it all the way through but what i saw was pretty pointless.

Imagine that, the guy who gets his center of gravity lower moves the other guy/is tough to be moved...who knew??

Imagine that, the guy who gets his center of gravity lower moves the other guy/is tough to be moved...who knew??

The one simple trick wrestlers don't want you to know about!

I only watched for a minute. Many martial arts instructors ham up their instruction because all lecturing is a little performance art. Most kids and many adults can't hold their body rigid under pressure, even if they lift, because they haven't had to before.

Often the first time a martial arts instructor pushes a student on his weak plane or pulls on his head, even after instructing him not to move, will collapse the student. Sometimes, with like 2 minutes of instruction, the student can learn how to hold himself up under pressure which is like the prerequisite for just about everything you do in a martial art.

I can take any strong man with 2-3 times the power lifting total I have, provided he has not many other athletic or fighting qualities, such as no other sport in many years and no martial arts, and shove him strongly across his weak plane the first time I try. After instructing him on it for about 30 seconds, it won't happen that way again.

Exposing ignorance can be hurtful to people's egos. They should be happy they are receiving that knowledge.

Back