Karamu Usman vs. Leon Edwards added to December/Orlando UFC on Fox event

I like both guys. Edwards' boxing looked good against Pawlak but Usman shoots for the takedowns really quickly. It will effect Edwards' stand-up.

Usman 29-28 DEC

Hopefully Edwards has some solid TDD. If this fight keeps standing then I reckon Edwards can get the decision, but I doubt he can. Although Edwards does have some KO power I don't reckon it will be enough.

Really tough first fight for Usman, that Edwards dude is looking like quite a beast. That being said we haven't really seen his wrestling challenged like Usman can.

Great match making for sure

SingleComplicatedBallpython.gif

I'm torn here.

On paper, this is an excellent fight between two prospects, record-wise.

But we already know Usman can take down and control a pure striker. We've seen enough of that. I'd rather see Usman fight a fellow wrestler, let's see what he can do when the takedown isn't necessarily there. This will just be another Usman fight - takedown after takedown. He's a good fighter, I like him, but i'd rather see him given a stiffer test - in other words, someone who can fucking wrestle.

Pulling for my fellow countryman, but I think he's going to get wrestlefucked by Usman.

Matchups like this is why Prospects are rarely built up in the Ufc

Who should they face then? Tough vets who could easily beat them? This is the best way to build prospects, the cream rises to the top

Exactly. UFC matchmaking is the worst. They really don't know how to build up their guys. Edwards clearly has some potential especially with his power, why not let him build some confidence, money, and give him time to improve on a fight by fight basis?

They're always trying to stump these guys in their tracks. For what?? Smh

Hot damn I like this fight. Both are good prospects.

I think Usman avoids the KO to win a decision. But I aint mad at being wrong on this one.

If you want to build such guys up, you should let them fight declining veterans. I actually think that Usman is a Top 10 prospect in his weightclass, but he might get knocked out here, even though it's more likely that he will get the UD.

I'm torn here.

On paper, this is an excellent fight between two prospects, record-wise.

But we already know Usman can take down and control a pure striker. We've seen enough of that. I'd rather see Usman fight a fellow wrestler, let's see what he can do when the takedown isn't necessarily there. This will just be another Usman fight - takedown after takedown. He's a good fighter, I like him, but i'd rather see him given a stiffer test - in other words, someone who can fucking wrestle.

This is pretty much how I feel about this one.

You can't build up every prospect and like has been stated maybe one of these guys is one of the best 10 prospects in his division.

This isn't boxing, one loss does not derail your career. Nothing wrong with this fight

Man, this Orlando card just keeps looking better and better

You can't build up every prospect and like has been stated maybe one of these guys is one of the best 10 prospects in his division.

This isn't boxing, one loss does not derail your career. Nothing wrong with this fight

Exactly this is MMA. If Edwards is someone we need to baby, then there are probably 30 other guys in the division they would need to treat the same way.

Yeah losses hurt in the UFC but it doesn't stop you completely. Robbie Lawler has the title and he has 10 losses.

Back