Kanyon was very gay

There is also this weird footage where he was drunk at Spring Break and started bodyslamming and suplexing people.

I honestly don't doubt any of the stories. I'm sure he was told to "sing like a F****" during the Boy George sketch. I just don't know why "Kanyon" is being highlighted in a documentary, as if he was anything more than a forgettable mid-carder, or had the potential to be anything more than that. Dude had a lisp. The ceiling is low.
To be fair, Ric Flair has a lisp too. It's not a problem if you're talented. The problem is that Kanyon wasn't really talented beyond mid-card level. His entertainment factor was based on his gimmick of doing bizarre move variations and that was basically his ceiling.

Last edited:
To be fair, Ric Flair has a lisp too. It's not a problem if you're talented. The problem is that Kanyon wasn't really talented beyond mid-card level. His entertainment factor was based on his gimmick of doing bizarre move variations and that was basically his ceiling.

Flair? Sure you're not thinking of Duthsthy?

Flair's lisp is almost as strong as Dusty's. It also seemed to get stronger with age.

I don't hear it. Slightly I guess, but if it's there, he's worked on it quite a bit. He's sticking the landing on those T's and S's pretty good.

I don't hear it. Slightly I guess, but if it's there, he's worked on it quite a bit. He's sticking the landing on those T's and S's pretty good.
Weird. I hear it extremely strong. Almost Dusty levels. The S in particular. "That's right i thsaid it!!!"

Weird. I hear it extremely strong. Almost Dusty levels. The S in particular. "That's right i thsaid it!!!"

I can slightly hear it, but I don't believe it's natural. I certainly don't remember it being prevalent throughout his career. Seems like a bit of a side effect from partying too hard for decades. Ex-heroin addicts get that sloppy speech impediment too.

I can slightly hear it, but I don't believe it's natural. I certainly don't remember it being prevalent throughout his career. Seems like a bit of a side effect from partying too hard for decades. Ex-heroin addicts get that sloppy speech impediment too.
That would explain why i thought it's gotten stronger over time. The majority of Flair promos i've heard were from the 90's, so it may very well be that my mind just retroactively interpreted the lisp onto his 70's promos later. Considering Flair is a degenerate alcoholic he might just have been slurring because he's drunk or because he has a toothache he is trying to talk around of.

So I ask again what moves did he invent?

Wait what?
Vince and Shawn Michaels being lovers in the 90s. It's the only explanation for Shawn being able to get away with so much despite not being a draw.

So no one can actually name even one single move kanyon innovated

So no one can actually name even one single move kanyon innovated
People try to say it was the Flatliner, but that was Nova.

Half his shit was stolen for Nova.

Back