Kanyon was very gay

It really did seem like Kanyon's problems were more rooted in mental health than being closeted (though, you'd have to figure that to be a significant stressor.) I noticed almost immediately that every person interviewed except for James Mitchell was under AEW contract or affiliation but, considering that WWE isn't letting anyone in the show and that Cage and The Bucks had a legit history, that seemed inevitable. That Boy George bit will go on as a mystery, it seems. I mean, they framed it (and not unnecessarily so) in that "the good ol' boys in WWE didn't want his kind 'round these parts." At the same time, Pat Patterson, Grand Wizard, and others were all accepted.

Interesting note: Paul Heyman left the Smackdown writing team at around the same time as the Boy George segment.

And very violent. He lied a lot. But he came up with a lot of cool moves.

That's what I learned from the latest DSOTR.
It was the worst episode of DSOTR. Nothing interesting came out, nothing new and the whole "Cancel Cena" is absolute BS. Actually, I did learn something and that was Kanyon had mental issues and was a violent, emtionally unstable dick to Mitchell

"cancel Cena".....his brother is gay, he tried helping out Darren Young on creative, he is a BTS fan.

What a homophobe lol

I honestly don't doubt any of the stories. I'm sure he was told to "sing like a F****" during the Boy George sketch. I just don't know why "Kanyon" is being highlighted in a documentary, as if he was anything more than a forgettable mid-carder, or had the potential to be anything more than that. Dude had a lisp. The ceiling is low.

Might as well do a doc on how Darren Young was held back because of his sexual orientation. Fact of the matter is, some people have it, and some people don't. Dude was flashy, but couldn't break through to the next level, like hundreds of others before and after him. Cena and Flair were right.

That said, the episode was alright. Not quite as "Full Woke Vice" as I was led to believe.

I honestly don't doubt any of the stories. I'm sure he was told to "sing like a F****" during the Boy George sketch. I just don't know why "Kanyon" is being highlighted in a documentary, as if he was anything more than a forgettable mid-carder, or had the potential to be anything more than that. Dude had a lisp. The ceiling is low.

Might as well do a doc on how Darren Young was held back because of his sexual orientation. Fact of the matter is, some people have it, and some people don't. Dude was flashy, but couldn't break through to the next level, like hundreds of others before and after him. Cena and Flair were right.

That said, the episode was alright. Not quite as "Full Woke Vice" as I was led to believe.
I was like, “who? Oh, Mortis. Uh, ok.”

I thought that it was one of the more interesting documentaries, even if the timeline was a bit screwed up.

I vaguely heard of Kanyon and his homosexuality as a teenager, but I never really cared about it. I only watched snippets of late WCW as a kid, so I didn't know much about him.

His turbulent personal life, especially with James Mitchell, was interesting to me.

WWE probably was out bit order for the Boy George thing, but it seemed that Kanyons mental health problems were his downfall, not his homosexuality.

Flair and Cena just defended the company that gave them a good living. I don't judge them for it, though they could have been more respectful.

<PlusJuan>

bro....say what you will about Chris, but he was a revolutionary & a true innovator. He altered the way big men thought about executing movesets. He is also one of the most talked about people in contemporary rasslin history, for obvious reasons. There have been several documentaries on him, he's a fascinating character who, again, changed the business in several key ways

bro....say what you will about Chris, but he was a revolutionary & a true innovator. He altered the way big men thought about executing movesets. He is also one of the most talked about people in contemporary rasslin history, for obvious reasons. There have been several documentaries on him, he's a fascinating character who, again, changed the business in several key ways

LOL, no.

Back