News Kamaru Usman vs. Gilbert Burns Title Fight Verbally Agreed For UFC Event on Feb. 13th

I’ve posted it before but I think Usman takes it. Main reason I think that is because they’ve trained together so much that they both know who usually gets the better of who, and Usman doesn’t strike me as someone who would be too eager to fight someone who usually beats him.

Obviously an actual fight is much different than training/sparring so anything could happen. Just my opinion, though.

I like burns for the upset here, he's much stronger than Masvidal and should be able to avoid wall n stall. And he's better everywhere else.

Damn, we gotta wait 3 more months now? Khamzat will probably fight like 5 more times by then. Hoping Burns pulls off the upset..
<Dany07>
The guy ducked Magny and brazil cowboy to wait for Leon. IF he wins in December kazmat will ride the bench for a championship fight.

Usman needs to step up his fight rate. 1 defense in 2020.

Gunnar isn’t the most physically imposing fighter and he gave Burns trouble against the cage... Usman makes his living there.

Easy dub for Ooosman.

<mma4>
Burns took that fight on short notice and still won. Nelson was coming off a split decision against Edwards so he ain't no scrub.

Last edited:
I think he will try to pressure Burns against the cage and work in the clinch towards a decision. I also hope he doesnt succeed...
Yeah definitely, especially against a former LW. I've got confidence in Gil everywhere until he gasses. Gil went 5 rounds against T-wood at his pace, we already know Marty can keep up with Colby, completely different thing. I want to believe in Burns' knees and trips in the clinch.

I want burns to win but then again I want to see Usman vs khamzat

Back