Kamaru Usman: Greatest Fighter in the UFC right now?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can’t think of anyone else across all weight classes who deserves this title.

Maybe Amanda Nunes or Valentina Shevchenko but their competition is other women.

Usman is the best fighter in the UFC with the most accomplishments.

Jon Jones is retired and frequently roids.

Adesanya lost a fight recently and isn’t blowing people away the way that Usman is.

Jan Blachowicz isn’t there.

Ngannou hasn’t done enough.

Usman: UFC king.

I can't argue with that. Usman is probably the best active male fighter right now. Won his belt and defended it 4 times in a 2 year span. 14-0 in the UFC. And he still somehow seems to be improving as well, which is pretty rare for a 34 year old fighter. Don't see anyone in the WW division beating him for awhile, unless injuries catch up to him and he declines sharply.

Shame he’s such a dweeb! Hahaha

He seems to be the most dominant for his division but he also needs to defend against real challengers like Covington and Edwards. Then it's a tossup between Volk/Max, Adesanya is up there, then Yan and Ngannou.

If you're talking about skill, there are some flaws in his standup. He's kind of stiff and plods a bit, which is why he got dropped so quick against Gilbert.

The best fighter overall IMO is Valentina. As Rogan always says, everything is always perfect. You can review the last 2 hours of her fight time and will have trouble finding any flaws.

in terms of male fighters? Easily Usman, dude has defended his belt 4 times, only have one challenger push him (Colby) rocked once (Burns but after that it was all Usman), has not lost and somehow is getting better, especially at striking

Females? Nunes then Valentina both are almost even and are the number 1 and 2 goats of WMMA

Stopped reading at Usman has the most accomplishments.

I think so. The only ones on or above his level are Valentina and Nunes on the women's side

I don't get the Usman hype. Obviously he's a champ but I just don't understand the accolades he gets from some people.

Best is objective but I can make a case (to me) for Izzy and Usman. Two good champs.

So far, yes. Cherry picking journeyman Masvidal for 50% of you title defenses is not exactly impressive though, now he thinks no one deserves it, unless ofcourse he can cherrypick Chiesa though lmao

Back