Media Kamaru Usman flexing on his weight-bullying critics

The main criticism of Usman is that he whines about respect while simultaneously calling for a Masvidal rematch, Nick Diaz whose last win was BJ Penn, & Nate Diaz who is below .500 as a WW.
Agree I hope Usman is only fighting worthy contender after this instead of another Masvidal or Nate Diaz type of guys, he shouldn't padded his title defense with meme non-championship level fighters

Is it really his fault that already beat all the top guys in his division? I think it’s fair to hold that against him.
Eh, these rematches are happening because they generate hype and not because he's really cleaned out the division. Edwards is the fight to make, I know Usman beat him but Edwards is 9-0-1 since. Wonderboy would've been an intriguing fight as well. The Masvidal rematch and this Colby one don't intrigue me as neither really deserved their 2nd shot.

<[analyzed}>

CommandoDoublePunch-1.gif

Eh, these rematches are happening because they generate hype and not because he's really cleaned out the division. Edwards is the fight to make, I know Usman beat him but Edwards is 9-0-1 since. Wonderboy would've been an intriguing fight as well. The Masvidal rematch and this Colby one don't intrigue me as neither really deserved their 2nd shot.
At least in Colby fight it was 50-50 before the final minute in the final 5th round. Possibly 2019 FOTY contender after Weili-JJ

Lol, not even close. Usman is 2 inches and half bigger than GSP and looks HUGE. Also, GSP has a really body fat. In fact, your post was just a good trolling, congrats.
Lol what, Khabib and Usman’s strength and size is probably their biggest advantage. GSP would probably be a LW in today’s scene

Lol Kamaru would never tap to strikes against a fighter like Matt Serra. Heart is more important than size imo

He keeps rematching people he already beat, kinda boring imo. A champion should be fighting more worthy contenders instead of the ungrateful and entitled ones, that always get the Dana white privilege rub.
Who is worthy though??

Burns, Leon, Colby, Masvidal.. all rematches
But who’s laid claim to be deserving of a shot?

Wonderboy failed to get his chance.. Luque/Chiesa will get one much closer.
6631ADD0-4806-4E13-B92C-8E888BD91002.jpeg

Lol Kamaru would never tap to strikes against a fighter like Matt Serra. Heart is more important than size imo
I am impressed with Usman composure when Burns rocked him hard, gathered back his thought and then added that one to his win column. A la Oliveira comeback against Chandler.

This isn’t a good angle that everyone keeps playing.

That’s the entire reason it’s called a fluke — because it seems like the kind of thing that would never happen to a fighter that caliber.

Fighters are so sensitive.
Fun fact: Your insecurity will not necessarily disappear even when you are rich and successful.

Mental training, personal philosophy, religion and good friends/companions can help you to get rid of that insecurity.

This isn’t a good angle that everyone keeps playing.

That’s the entire reason it’s called a fluke — because it seems like the kind of thing that would never happen to a fighter that caliber.

Bro what part of a fluke do you count GSP rolling in between McCarthy's legs and tapping out. It has nothing to do with Matt Serra

He keeps rematching people he already beat, kinda boring imo. A champion should be fighting more worthy contenders instead of the ungrateful and entitled ones, that always get the Dana white privilege rub.
Champs should have almost no say in who they fight. Every fighter in the top 10 is gunning for them so the champ shouldn't be able to choose who "makes sense".

Champs should have almost no say in who they fight. Every fighter in the top 10 is gunning for them so the champ shouldn't be able to choose who "makes sense".
True true but how it's set rn, is just all for fixed matchmaking and not who rightfully deserves it like a legitimate sport... Tom Brady earns his right to play for his rings, I can't say the same for a lot of fighters as of late.

Who is worthy though??

Burns, Leon, Colby, Masvidal.. all rematches
But who’s laid claim to be deserving of a shot?

Wonderboy failed to get his chance.. Luque/Chiesa will get one much closer.
View attachment 871834

Leon was so long ago that I consider that a fresh matchup and I don’t think Jorge should’ve gone again while he and others were waiting, but otherwise I agree.

Personally I don’t see the problem (other than perhaps the immediate Jorge rematch). Fury and Wilder are going to fight for a third time and other than delaying the Joshua fight for both everyone is in favor of it. When you’ve identified the top guys and the action is good, I don’t see the issue.

I’m not convinced that Colby would beat Burns, Luque, and others, but so far he’s been Usman’s toughest fight. So let’s run it again and enjoy it. (And honestly if Gilbert beats another top five guy I’ll take that fight again too, he looked very dangerous).

I look forward to fresh matchups too but the timing hasn’t worked out yet for a number of reasons (Khamzat injury for example).

Talk about weight bullies is retarded unless someone is caught using diuretics or doing a pull-up on the scale like Cormier. If you make weight, then what’s the problem?
It’s just a way to discredit fighters when it’s convenient. Everyone who complains about weight bully is a hypocrite at some point, Khabib fans that’s hate on 145 Conor or vice versa is an example.

Reactions: JSN
Finally, some one calling out Kamaru Usman how some of sherbros call out Khabib.

I think moving weightclasses isn't as defining as some people think it is. I don't care for it personally, but its nice to see someone make the argument for Usman. Its interesting how the same guys who make the argument for Khabib, ignore it for Usman.

It's added another layer of stupidity for Sherdog.

If you didn't move up and win the title there a la Penn/GSP/Cormier/Conor then you're trash.

So he’s not a big WW because he fought a big welterweight? Flawless reasoning

I don't think he cuts anymore than most of the other guys on the large side of WW. He's got a thick upper body, but skinny legs. So it's not like he's constantly walking around 200+. Someone like Darren Till was coming in larger than Usman was at WW most likely given how much he struggled with the weight, and with how he does not look undersized at all next to MW's best.

Finally, some one calling out Kamaru Usman how some of sherbros call out Khabib.

I think moving weightclasses isn't as defining as some people think it is. I don't care for it personally, but its nice to see someone make the argument for Usman. Its interesting how the same guys who make the argument for Khabib, ignore it for Usman.

I like Khabib but he has the least defences of alot of champions.

Back